Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

27,005 !

Apparently an all seater record for us.

I''m surprised as i thought we''d lose use of a few hundred seats with segregation.

They seem to have a new system for segregating the fans which takes up less seats than it used to. There were also not many empty seats that I could see anywhere.

TC

Its always tickets sold. Years ago it was people actually at the game. The club changed it to fall in line with other clubs as it is good for sponsorship etc.

Therefore our attendance is always going to be 22,000 (season tickets holders) even if none of them turned up to the game.

As an aside I would estimate the actual ticket sales were around 27,500 even 28,000 due to the buy back scheme. I know of at least three tickets that were returned to the club.

I have never heard the club disclose how many tickets have been sold under the scheme. Maybe a question for an AGM in the future?

As to segregation, I sit in the South Stand (age thing) and spoke to one of the stewards about it when having a look at the barrier at a recent game.

He explained how flexible it is and that we used to lose about 400-500 seats with the netting but with the new design it is only around 250 I think or even less. That explains the possibility of making a 27,000 gate nowadays.

[quote user="Mutley"]TC Its always tickets sold. Years ago it was people actually at the game. The club changed it to fall in line with other clubs as it is good for sponsorship etc. Therefore our attendance is always going to be 22,000 (season tickets holders) even if none of them turned up to the game. As an aside I would estimate the actual ticket sales were around 27,500 even 28,000 due to the buy back scheme. I know of at least three tickets that were returned to the club. I have never heard the club disclose how many tickets have been sold under the scheme. Maybe a question for an AGM in the future?[/quote]

Thank you.

I like the surreal idea that they could play in an empty stadium and the announcer would say that "Today''s attendance is 22,000, the club would like to thank you all for coming".

[quote user="Mutley"]As to segregation, I sit in the South Stand (age thing) and spoke to one of the stewards about it when having a look at the barrier at a recent game.

He explained how flexible it is and that we used to lose about 400-500 seats with the netting but with the new design it is only around 250 I think or even less. That explains the possibility of making a 27,000 gate nowadays.[/quote]

The segregation system we now use is the same as Arsenal have at Highbury, and very few clubs are using it yet, only lose about 200 seats with this system, you may have noticed when Blackpool it was moved right across, so only 500 seats were made available for visiting fans that day, and rest went on general sale. Only downside is it apparently takes around 2 days to move the barrier. NCFC leading the way with this one.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]It should have been 27,006 as a bloke that ended up on our row in the snakepit managed to sneak in without a ticket[/quote]The Snakepit is always a good bet because they''re normally too pissed in there to notice. [:D]