Sign in to follow this  
Hackney Canary

The Final Countdown - and how it will end up, maybe

Can''t take any credit for this - it was done by a Watford fan - but makes for an interesting analysis of the final run in, looking specifically at the results teams in the top 8 have achieved/are likely to achieve against each other. Has us finishing on 84 points, which should be enough on these stats to clinch 2nd, but it will be mighty close.

https://nathanlowndesfootballgenius.wordpress.com/2015/03/02/the-championship-final-run-in/

Pretty close to how it will play out IMO, thanks for sharing it.

I have in my personal ''run in projection'' negatively got us reaching 83 points and positively reaching 87 points.

The former might guarantee promotion (probably will) the latter however would almost certainly guarantee the title!

If we average 2 points per game from here on in we will end up with 86 points so that''s got to continue to be the target over the last 12 games.

Only a few weeks ago in my wildest dreams I was hoping for 82 points and now that figure is below my negative figure!

It would be such a shame to see the binners lose out on the play offs by goal difference.

If 7 teams finish with over 80 points I''ll run round CR in my underpants.It''s a waste of time looking at averages. There are 12 games left, some teams will gain momentum while others fade away.Those with strong squads will come through while the weak fall by the wayside.

I''ve got us finishing on 89 points given our fixtures and momentum. 8 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss is my positive prediction. 83 points with 2 more losses is the negative end of the range.