Sign in to follow this  
TimDim

What has happened to the pitch ?

It looked awful today. Are we playing too many games on it. It can''t be the weather as this winter was reasonably mild.

Who cares?! If we get 3 points each week I couldn''t care less. Maybe it was tactical to make the surface difficult for the opposition

It looked a bit ropey against Wolves. I expect it will be completely relaid in the summer for the PL. Maybe there is a club nearby who haven''t much in the way of money who might be grateful for it.

I just picked my son up from the train station and all the Carrow road floodlights were still on! Maybe they''re working on the playing surface ready for Wednesday?

There was also criticism of the pitch at Anfield today and I heard the same comment at one of the Premier games yesterday. Perhaps the groundhogs are into some unusual activity below.

Such is the state of the present game and football fans in general, they feel the need to question & bemoan a playing surface that resembles many village bowling greens.

Shyster, it is pretty obvious that this seasons pitch is no where near as good as it has been in recent seasons, and the debate was to ask why?

[quote user="Shyster"]Such is the state of the present game and football fans in general, they feel the need to question & bemoan a playing surface that resembles many village bowling greens.[/quote]It does not resemble a village bowling green. Nor is questioning why it looks so bad this season anything to do with the state of football or fans in general.  Nor is it trying to attribute any form of failing towards the club. This question has been raised elsewhere, and also in regard to other clubs. If you have nothing constructive to contribute why not post on threads where your sort of antagonistic remarks are welcome. They are not here.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Shyster, it is pretty obvious that this seasons pitch is no where near as good as it has been in recent seasons, and the debate was to ask why?[/quote]Why? Must be ''man-made'' global warming - should''ve put a fu*king great wind turbine in the infill instead of the Inn [:D]

[quote user="TomMoore"][quote user="Shyster"]Such is the state of the present game and football fans in general, they feel the need to question & bemoan a playing surface that resembles many village bowling greens.[/quote]It does not resemble a village bowling green. Nor is questioning why it looks so bad this season anything to do with the state of football or fans in general.  Nor is it trying to attribute any form of failing towards the club. This question has been raised elsewhere, and also in regard to other clubs. If you have nothing constructive to contribute why not post on threads where your sort of antagonistic remarks are welcome. They are not here.

[/quote]

No, seriously - you''ve seen yourself coming.

[quote user="TomMoore"][quote user="Shyster"]Such is the state of the present game and football fans in general, they feel the need to question & bemoan a playing surface that resembles many village bowling greens.[/quote]It does not resemble a village bowling green. Nor is questioning why it looks so bad this season anything to do with the state of football or fans in general.  Nor is it trying to attribute any form of failing towards the club. This question has been raised elsewhere, and also in regard to other clubs. If you have nothing constructive to contribute why not post on threads where your sort of antagonistic remarks are welcome. They are not here.

[/quote]The pitch is certainly not as good as in previous seasons. But this may be a more general problem, to do with the weather not being conducive to good growing. I watched the Football League Show on Saturday night and was struck by how poor - much worse than Carrow Road - many of the Championship pitches were.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]should have been relaid last summer and wasn''t, not sure reason for not doing it, once players had warmed up it looked very poor.[/quote]

It''s because "We got no cash" - (Newton 2014/15)

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]should have been relaid last summer and wasn''t, not sure reason for not doing it, once players had warmed up it looked very poor.[/quote] 

It''s because "We got no cash" - (Newton 2014/15) [/quote]

Even a stopped clock tells the correct time twice a day...........

Given that the club''s income has roughly halved from last season, I''d say spending a bit less on the pitch (if that is the reason) has been a sound decision. I doubt if anyone seriously thinks our promotion prospects have suffered.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

It''s because "We got no cash" - (Newton 2014/15) [/quote]

Even a stopped clock tells the correct time twice a day...........

[/quote]

Newton is like a sundial on a cloudy day.