Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Dave Mckay true legend

Not Norwich City, but the last night saw the passing of a true legend, growing up in Edinburgh as young Jambo, Dave had already gone to Spurs but won all the domestic honours with Hearts before captaining spurs to a famous double, This man IMO was true legend in the days when the word was only ever used sparingly, RIP Dave Mckay

When I was a young lad I used to collect autographs, after a match I''d wait by the main entrance, for the players to come out of the bar. For the away team the bus would pull and up, and one by one the players would come out, no rush and plenty of time to sign autographs. I always remember two players that always had a grump on, and refused to sign anything one was Jimmy Greenhoff and the other Dave Mackay, in fact he once pushed me so hard, this little light weight landed on his arse ! He may have been a legend, but 50 years later I still hold a grudge.  RIP Dave Makay  

That picture ! apparently McKay was just recovering from a broken leg, just started playing again and Bremner (who was a dirty little sh*t as some old enough will remember) was targeting that leg in every tackle, brilliant, don''t expect he went within 10 yards after that !

Just been reading that he didn''t like the picture himself. He felt it portayed him as a bully. Also just read what Greavsie said about Bremner. Not a pleasant man.....

[quote user="Herman "]Just been reading that he didn''t like the picture himself. He felt it portayed him as a bully. Also just read what Greavsie said about Bremner. Not a pleasant man.....[/quote]Its a problem for people that are being bullied, not to be seen as a bully themselves if they try and get the bullier back.  Its better do walk away in most circumstances..........I must make a note of that [;)]