Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Bradley Johnson for PoTS

Brilliant finish under pressure for the goal, and up and down the left hand side all afternoon as well as plugging some midfield gaps in the centre when required. Must be a PoTS front runner this season.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]KerlickLooks like he got under Mick''s skin a bit [:)][/quote]

He must have learned that potty talk from Roy Keane.

He''s been playing well and had a fantastic game today. BUT I think if you take in the whole season in to account, the PoTS should be our unsung hero... Alex Tetttey. He was formidable today and wins every header. That''s where my vote''s going!

As much as I rate Tettey and think he''s been great for us this season, I''d still give Johnson POTS so far.His goal contribution, work rate and passion have been invaluable for us and he''s looking SO much better under AN on the left as well.Thought he was MOM again today with Tettey having a quieter game than normal, with Grabban also in contention.

Johnson

Jerome

Redmond

They''re my 3 so far, some others have been excellent again since AN took over, but those three have been great all season!

Johnson

Jerome

Tettey

Howson

My top 4 at moment. A few others not far behind as well

I saw Bradley Johnson in Starbucks last Wednesday and congratulated him on winning the Barry Butler this season. Someone had to be first.....

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]KerlickLooks like he got under Mick''s skin a bit [:)][/quote]

The misplaced rage of a bewildered old goat who not only had been completely tactically out thought by a bright, progressive inexperienced manager 20 years his junior but also saw his ''hard working'' team of battlers out-worked and out-fought by a team he probably thought didn''t have the stomach for today.

You got done by a disorganised, fragile Neil Adams team and while at the top of your game outplayed and out thought by a perfectly balanced and organised Alex Neil team. You and Ippo have nothing on us!

Yes, I was thinking along the same lines myself - has always given 100% but has been truly outstanding this year.

In December he was talking about helping the team by scoring goals''Bradley Johnson is targeting a record-breaking goal rush this season to boost Norwich City’s Championship promotion bid.The 27-year-old notched his fourth of the campaign in the Canaries’ 5-0 romp over Huddersfield .... and he knows City’s midfield must continue to weigh in. “I think I

scored seven in one season at Leeds so I hope I can beat that,” he said.

“It is always great to score, but my main aim is not to go out every

game and score, but for us to win. Maybe nine or 10 goals are possible

and of course I would be over the moon with that.''How many more ?

Just updated his official FIFA 15 stat to 80, can''t believe it was at 71 before! For someone under 6 foot, he wins so many aerial duels and 50/50''s

Is anyone else reading this, and many more threads like it, and casting their mind back 12 months or more? The amount of stick BJ got on here was huge. A lesson for some who jump to easy conclusions far too quickly IMHO.

Many of you will be aware of my posts and reviews of Johnson.

He has been a different player under AN.

Tenacity is what Johnson brings. He does make up for his and teams mistakes with great tackles and on the field energy.

He is performing as one of the best midfielders in the championship. The system works, there may be upgrades still needed but Johnson is looking valuable.

In the prem his presence may not be as noted as skill comes to a level but if he progresses and improves with the rate he has this year then he will be a notable midfielder in the league above too.

[quote user="Nuff Said"] Is anyone else reading this, and many more threads like it, and casting their mind back 12 months or more? The amount of stick BJ got on here was huge. A lesson for some who jump to easy conclusions far too quickly IMHO.[/quote]

No. A lesson in a player developing and improving his level of play.  You criticise what you see.  In the premiership his heart was never in question, but his passing was sometimes atrocious and his shooting nearly always wayward and he struggled - but he wasn''t the only one, in a poor team set up.  This year has allowed him to flourish and get his confidence back and we are seeing the benefits.  If we are promoted, in a good team and with the level of confidence he will have gained from this season, he will likely do a lot better at the highest level.  Its great to see a player develop and improve.  Pots, so far, without question.   

I never doubted his tenacity and thought he was up to prem standard with that. I did doubt his carelessness in possession in the prem and it''s still not his strongest area. 70% pass completion rate for a CM in the premiership is below standard and despite him winning the ball back often, it didn''t fully make up for it. He has improved that slightly to nearer 80% now and he can get away with a few careless passes more in the championship now as we are a big fish in a small pond regularly given the initiative to dictate games, the opposite of our premiership placing where any possession we got was of vital importance and had to be used responsibly. Give the ball away to Suarez 3 times he scores a hattrick, give the ball away to David McGoldrick he might get one goal but probably wouldn''t even get that.

One thing I stand corrected on is his long shots. It seems he''s been getting his row z shots out of his system since he scored that belter for Leeds vs Arsenal and is now finding the target with them.

Was it him who smashed the underside of the bar with a free kick sometime recently as well? I can''t remember the game but remember the shot.

[quote user="smooth"]Many of you will be aware of my posts and reviews of Johnson.

He has been a different player under AN.[/quote]No he hasn''t, he''s always been a good player. Just that some of you are now noticing thanks to recent rave revues and his goals.If you look back at team prediction threads, you''ll see very few wanted him in their teams....but the various managers always did. Bradley hasn''t changed........you lot have.

Should Neil Adams get some credit for playing him out left where he can use his engine, make runs into the box and where his passing ability is less affected than in the centre.

I''ve lost count of the number of times I''ve watched his last goal. I''m in no doubt that goal is a piece of NCFC history including the best of Wes Hoolahan, Grabban''s run and an astonishing crowd noise and reaction.

POTS by a mile. We''re gonna miss him when he''s suspended.

Completely agree

The difference now is that Adams initially and more so now with Neil is that he is much more prominent in the way we play.

Under Hughton he was more defensive!