Sign in to follow this  
westcoastcanary

AN's tribute to NA

Molly Windley wrote the following post at 03/03/2015 10:24 AM:

Have the podcast of the programme but its 2 hours long, anyone know roughly what time AN was on?

It''s towards the end Molly but throughout I found some of Joey Barton''s comments interesting. He certainly isn''t the fool everyone seems to want to make him out to be.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Have the podcast of the programme but its 2 hours long, anyone know roughly what time AN was on?[/quote]It''s 1hr40mins in.

I''m always prepared to believe that others will have info which they get as the club can''t be a totally isolated island with info firewalls preventing anything getting out. There are some obvious wind up merchants though, but the ones with genuine inside info have to be careful usually as they may know people in the club or close to it who could get into trouble.

So treating this on face value, morty- is there anything you can share at all? Was it a health issue as has been suggested? If it were something more serious (such as about behaviours) then it would not be consistent with the club hoping for his return.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I''m always prepared to believe that others will have info which they get as the club can''t be a totally isolated island with info firewalls preventing anything getting out. There are some obvious wind up merchants though, but the ones with genuine inside info have to be careful usually as they may know people in the club or close to it who could get into trouble.

So treating this on face value, morty- is there anything you can share at all? Was it a health issue as has been suggested? If it were something more serious (such as about behaviours) then it would not be consistent with the club hoping for his return.[/quote]I think the point is Tumbleweed, that if anyone really did know something because they know someone close to the club etc they wouldn''t even think about mentioning it on the message board.

True! But I can see the temptation if messages are posted which give a different slant- I have never had and extremely unlikely ever to have any info of interest but I can see the "pull" to do it.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]Odd how Morty has so many arguments but never his fault.

Maybe we should get the discussion back to football matters instead of indulging an egomaniac.[/quote]To a casual observer it does seem as though any thread that has a more than 4 pages (save for the Quagliarella thread) is usually because Morty has become engaged in an argument with another poster (often LDC) where the sole aim seems to be to get each others post count up to 100,000 the quickest. The thread is usually dead after the second page which is a shame and very little of any worth is actually written. A psychologist would have a field day.To stay on topic, Alex Neil seems to hit all the right buttons and does so without sounding remotely clichéd which is quite some achievement in football.

Neil Adams resigned. Any other scenario is someones imagination adding to that fact. I think Alex Neil''s comments are refreshing and honest. Another fact is that this run of form beganat the beginning of December and has got better and better since. 35 points from 15 games. Neil Adams deserves some credit for where we are now. And certainly doesnt deserve some of the rubbish that gets posted about him on here.

Oh dear, seriously, the post count argument? I have been posting here since the forum was opened, what, about 12 years ago now.

Surely the reason why NA went is between him and the club, everything has pointed to a resignation and the fact that the club has given him time off and offered hims something back at the club when he is ready was either a "take it or leave it offer" but he needed to resign or he chose to for his own reasons which clearly are private. If Morty knows and its private then he shouldn''t share, I think all he was trying to do was suggest that the club didn''t treat him badly as others believe.

Anyway, back on point......like many I had no idea what to think of AN, clearly there needed to be a change at the top and it has so far proved a success.

What I like about AN is the way in which he conducts himself, the players clearly respect him for what he does, he defended Whittaker really well with that midfield debacle and look at the way in which Whitts has responded, he gave Olsson what for after a game and he''s performed since, Bassong has been immense, Ruddy looks more assured and as for Grabban, it''s like a new player that wants to impress.

He also takes all the media attention away, his quote today about other managers putting the pressure of expectation on us etc, he bats it away almost for fun.

Been massively impressed with him

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/03/2015 10:59 AM:

Neil Adams resigned. Any other scenario is someones imagination adding to that fact. I think Alex Neil''s comments are refreshing and honest. Another fact is that this run of form beganat the beginning of December and has got better and better since. 35 points from 15 games. Neil Adams deserves some credit for where we are now. And certainly doesnt deserve some of the rubbish that gets posted about him on here.

Spot on.

If NA sticks to these principles and continues to add to his experience we will have a real diamond and massive credit will be due (and many apologies, me included) to McNally for spotting him and having the courage to do so when one of the "usual suspects" would have been an easier choice. I just hope Alex Neil does remain true to this ideology he seemingly has, and if we get back to the Prem, that it does not make him jaded or cynical.

BTW, cheers morty, will keep an eye out.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/03/2015 10:59 AM:

Neil Adams resigned. Any other scenario is someones imagination adding to that fact.

------------------------------------------------------

The question is how he resigned. I can promise you he didn''t just resign by his own accord.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/03/2015 10:59 AM:

Neil Adams resigned. Any other scenario is someones imagination adding to that fact.

------------------------------------------------------

The question is how he resigned. I can promise you he didn''t just resign by his own accord.[/quote]

Really? Now I am interested. Please spill...

Yeah ok Miggo. But how do I know you''re not Billy Bullsh1t.....

....you might well ask but I''m not saying.

There''s no reason to believe anyone who says they are ''in the know''. However, what I would say is that I have previously told (or leaked if you want to call it that) quite a few things that have happened at boardroom level as well as in the dressing room, especially when Hughton was here.

Although it''s obviously not my source (if you want to call it that), if you go back and read the statement from the club from when Adams ''resigned'' it will tell you all you need to know without having to hear all the t!tbits from boardroom and staff members.:

"Following the Sky Bet Championship defeat at Reading on December 28, the Canaries currently sit seventh in the league table. After Saturday’s FA Cup Third Round exit at the hands of Preston North End, Adams met for discussions with the Board and agreed to resign."

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-neil-adams-resigns-norwich-city-manager-2183631.aspx#8HcoRK4RGWdG62QP.99

Yes Miggo. I know what happened. Just wanted to hear your version. Maybe you can tell me who requested the meeting. Who suggested the resignation. And who agreed to it. If you don''t know say so. If you do know tell us. I believe you don''t know.

Yes it''s fine that you don''t believe me, I wouldn''t expect you (or anyone to), just like I have no reason to believe you know either, it''s a sort of catch 22.

The thing I don''t know from your questions asked is ''who requested the meeting.'' My belief is that it was Adams, however, this is the part as I state, I do not know.

What I find interesting now is that you state you know what happened and that my account of things is wrong, which like I say, is understandable, especially as you''ve heard different it would appear. However, I doubt either of us are willing to say and give details in order to protect ''sources'' (yes that word) within the club. I think I''ve made it fairly clear to what I''ve heard simply by extracting the paragraph from the public statement with the word ''agreed'' in it. Although I would like to hear what you claim to know from people your end, I can quite understand if you don''t want to do that.

I''ve already said what I know Miggo. It''s on the official statement. If there are "sources" who discuss it with others then I don''t know any. And if they exist and know what happened at that meeting then they can only be one of a very few people. So if one of those at the meeting did tell you your being very silly in saying it on here. If someone from outside that meeting told you then It''s very likely they made it up.

I misunderstood, apologies. When you said you knew what happened I expected you to know, not just where you have read what the public have been given already to take as fact. As I have said, I shall not be giving any details because, as you say, that would be silly. I don''t blame you for not trusting someone who won''t tell you any details, but i''m disappointed with your explanation for why you don''t believe me. You would be much more respectable just saying that it''s because I won''t name sources, instead of my ''sources'' are cons.

The club have been very kind to Adams given the circumstances imo. He hasn''t in any way been mistreated.

The obvious conjecture is that both sides realised things weren''t working too well - and whoever called the meeting, it was something that it had to happen.  Once in the meeting it would have been discussed as to the best step forward for the club and for Adams, who I think it is clear, may have been feeling the strain - any manager would under the circumstances that were prevailing at the time.  That AN was appreciative of  what Adams left behind is testament that he was doing something right and should be given huge credit for that.   A historic meeting, one that was necessary and the outcome looks to have been more than favourable.   Does anything more need to be said?  If we''re talking circumstances of  managers leaving, I would rather find out more about Lambert''s leaving than Adams......

No Miggo. If your sources were party to that meeting it is they I have lost respect for. If they weren''t then anything they say other than the official statement is conjecture.

Painful when that happens though. Even more painful when its the inside of the lip. Much less painful to send a load of pms like Morty.....

No you don''t. Or indeed if I sent any at all, or what could have been contained in any that may have been sent.

That''s personal messages for you.

😉

That''s true Morty but we know it was at least one.

Funny thing about all of this is that nobody has ever claimed the club treated Adams unfairly. And because of the way that all parties handled the situation we have been able to move on as we did. Its strange that nobody will stick to their guns over the issue. I have massive respect for the people who were party to that statement and don''t believe any of them have enlarged on it to any poster on here.