Sign in to follow this  
westcoastcanary

AN's tribute to NA

Alex Neil spoke last night on R5L''s Monday Night Club. A very low key question and answer few minutes during which Chapman, Motson, Claridge and Barton appeared at a loss as to what to say to him. The most interesting comment from AN was that, usually when a new manager is appointed it is because there are some serious legacy issues and problems he is required to sort out. This is what he expected to find, but when he actually arrived he found nothing of the sort. He found a strong, well-balanced, receptive squad, in good shape and with a good spirit. Even allowing for a bit of not washing any linen in public, it amounted to a quiet tribute to his predecessor (and the board). You only have to look at Cardiff, Fulham and the likes of Wigan and others, to realise how true that is.

I think in a way he is right as well. Many of Adams games were lost when we were the better side. The only issues seemed to be Bassong not being around/ not well replaced and Ruddy going through a tough time with a few costly errors. Apart from Boro away and our cup showings, I can''t think of many times under Adams where we were truly out classed and out fought.

we were not outclassed too often, but out fought at places like Fulham, Preston and Reading stick in the mind, as did Rotherham at home, virtually same players, different mentality.

He is reflecting the position as I saw it at the time, NA was dealt with unjustly.

However water under the bridge now.😐

AN is proving himself to be a classy operator.

As for the team under NA, all that was generally missing was the ability to get the team to perform to potential enough of the time, and to play at a quicker pace.......which was why we were not dominating the league like we should have been......AN to date has managed to do this.

Jenkins, Adams was not dealt with unjustly, I have further background on the matter that I cannot share I''m afraid.

[quote user="morty"]Jenkins, Adams was not dealt with unjustly, I have further background on the matter that I cannot share I''m afraid.[/quote]Don''t mention it then.

And I don''t feel he was treated unjustly, he wasn''t getting results and it is clear that this squad is more than capable of being successful.Nothing worse than an attention seeking post like that though Morty.

Oh do shut up. No attention required, just heading off stupid, unfounded rumours that the board somehow treated Adams harshly.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"]Jenkins, Adams was not dealt with unjustly, I have further background on the matter that I cannot share I''m afraid.[/quote]Don''t mention it then.[/quote]

He didn''t !

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"]Jenkins, Adams was not dealt with unjustly, I have further background on the matter that I cannot share I''m afraid.[/quote]Don''t mention it then.[/quote]

He didn''t ![/quote]" I have further background on the matter" - oh yes he did!Morty, I general I think you get treated too harshly on here but this is verging on Newton territory mate.

How do we do it, the OP was a perfectly good point that highlighted the measure of our manager, somehow some try to turn it into the board are treated the previous manager harshly, then look to make it a personal attack on individual posters, lets try and keep the thread going on a positive vein, after all it reflects well on our club

I have heard a rumour that NA suffered a nervous breakdown and was relieved of his duties for that reason, which would make sense given his disappearance and supportive comments by the club in hoping he can return in some capacity come summer. If true you couldn''t say he was treated harshly.

There is no ''source'' for this it''s just a rumour. It could even be old (completely untrue) news for all I know!

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan formerly Suffolk Canary"]Pretty sure I''ve seen Morty criticise others for revealing ''sources'' but then refusing to share. Oh well.[/quote]Absolutely.  The classic ''I know something you don''t know, ner ner'' line.

And you, ncfc star are just another pr1ck that follows me around disagreeing with anything I post.

Stone you may well be correct, I was down at the club around 10.00am on the day of the Huddersfield game (we were sponsoring the match) and I bumped into NA at the directors entrance, and he spoke nice and friendly, but yet you could detect he was putting himself under huge pressure, this is not hindsight, merely an observation and felt for him and was delighted when we ran out easy winners that day, having lost at the previous home game against Reading.

morty wrote the following post at 03/03/2015 8:59 AM:

Jenkins, Adams was not dealt with unjustly, I have further background on the matter that I cannot share I''m afraid.

If you know more than is in the public domain then fair enough. I only know what I have read on this matter. I have had dealings with NA in the past but have no inside knowledge about recent events.

My comment related to the fans as much as the board to be honest.

There is a suggestion on this thread that there may have been health issues, no idea if that''s true but if that is the case then the outcome was probably the best one could hope for.

[quote user="morty"]And you, ncfc star are just another pr1ck that follows me around disagreeing with anything I post.[/quote]I don''t disagree with everything you post, I just think you come across as an arrogant pseudo moderator who doesn''t like being questioned.  I can remember a time when the pathetic arguments you get into would never have featured on this message board.  Your silly little tit-for-tats (which I''m now involved in) have ruined this board.

Some of the over the top abuse and criticism from some of our fans was a disgrace.

A man that clearly loves Norwich City dearly, trying his utmost to bring success but unfortunately it didn''t quite work out. It was more than just a manager''s gig for NA.

Ashamed to see some of our own label him ''Alan Partridge'', a radio DJ and the like. A club man such as him should have commanded more respect.

If rumours about him are true, then I wish him a very speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him at the club in the future.

Sorry, ncfcstar, not really interested in your issues. Far less your hypocrisy in this case.

[quote user="morty"]Sorry, ncfcstar, not really interested in your issues. Far less your hypocrisy in this case.[/quote][^o)] Hilarious.

Odd how Morty has so many arguments but never his fault.

Maybe we should get the discussion back to football matters instead of indulging an egomaniac.

Isn''t it? You are whining at me for bad behaviour, by starting an argument and derailing the thread.

Brilliant.

Ok I''ll bite here hooly. I said that I have information that convinces me that the board did not treat Adams harshly, which is entirely on topic with the thread.

I couldn''t give a frig if you believe me or not. Or the growing gaggle of ad$eholes who are queuing up for an argument.