Team For Wigan

Im going with

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson

Redmond Howson Johnson Dorrans

Hooper

Grabban

Rudd Turner Garrido Andreu Odjija (If Back) Murphy Jerome

Cant believe i forgot to put Wes on the bench. After todays press conference im going:

Ruddy

Redmond Howson Johnson Dorrans

Hooper

Jerome

Rudd Turner Garrido Odjija Hoolahan Andreu Grabban

Subject to fitness I agree with CJRV 2014,

Alrhough I think there may be some surprises if fitness is an issue?

Norwich and Watford would appear to be the only two teams from the top eight that have the luxury of being able to rotate their strikers, and lose nothing by doing so.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see AN starting with Hooper and Jerome (if 100% fit), but would be impressed if he was prepared to start an in-form Grabban on the bench.

They will pack the defence tonight and I think we will have a lot of possession 30-40 yards from goal. I think we therefore need maximum creativity on the picth tonight so i would play Hooper, Wes, Dorrans and Redmond.

For me team should be:

Ruddy

Whitaker Martin Bassong Olsson

Johnson

Redmond Howson Dorrans Hoolahan

Hooper

I''m not sure this will be an ideal game for Redmond, I agree with you Jim though that they will probably sit deep and pack the 18 yard line. I''d stick at 4-4-2 and go for Jerome and Hooper up front with a midfield of Howson, Dorrans, Hoolahan and Johnson. Bring Redmond on later if they start to tire and we need to get down the flanks and round the back, but his pace may well be wasted as we will probably not be playing out of our defence into space that much. I think Millwall away will be more suited to Grabban and Redmond than this one.

And the stuff yesterday about Whelan resigning and more Malky stuff surely couldn''t come at a better time for us just after a galvanising derby win............

If Grabban is injured & Redmond does not suit

Also wouldn''t O''Neil be a better replacement for Tettey ?

Wigan are fighting against the drop & will be dangerous -

so wouldn''t risk playing Dorrans

therefore:

Ruddy

Howson O''Neil Hoolahan Johnson

Hooper

Jerome

Wigan will be dangerous so wouldnt risk Dorrans ????? Is that comment even for real. Cant believe i just read that. Whats dangerous about a midfielder who can play anywhere across the midfield. So we wont worry about our strengths then we will worry about Wigan strengths ??? O''Neil is injured anyway.

Usual back 5

Dorrans in for Tettey, Hooper in for Wes and Jerome in for Grabban.

Jerome and Hooper combined in our recent home thrashings of Millwall and Hudds so i''d go with that especially if Grabban is injured.

Let me explain my thinking - Tettey is a defensive midfielder so we need someone solid in front of the back 4 to replace him - O''Neil rather than Dorrans. Was unaware that O''Neil is injured.

There is mention that Wigan will park the bus in the final third and that Redmond would not suit the situation. So if Redmond can''t break them down how do you expect Dorrans to do that ?

Dorrans does have a decent shot on him - that''s about all - maybe that''s all we need but he is not the standard of the others and despite Wigan''s lowly position they have quite a number of decent players - makes them dangerous opposition.

Agree Wiggins - Howson is best in the middle but has played on the right before. He can swap with Hoolahan.

Also if we are breaking down an opposition intent on defence (all 11 behind the ball) Hoolahan has to play.