Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Tettey's "booking"

Looking like a really bad decision now.Could have done with him last night as his absence disrupted to whole shape of the team - they looked lost without him.Could get worse if we lose again Saturday too.They should have let things take their natural course - who knows he might not have been booked again for several games or at all before the end of the season.Sometimes you can try to be to clever for your own good.

That''s easy to say in hindsight, but I doubt very much he would have gone the entire rest of the season without getting booked and we would have missed him for two games anyway. If we lost either of those, regardless of the opposition, are you certain you would not then have contributed to a thread bemoaning that he was missing for those games and not the ''easier'' ones against Wigan and Millwall?

Really, though?

It wasn''t the lack of a defensive midfielder where the problem was last night. It was the creative movement up front.

The booking decision was, without doubt, the right one.

It''s a percentage thing. It looked like the next 2 games were ones where he wouldn''t be missed so much. Would he have made the difference last night? Impossible to say - although I doubt he''d have been the player to unlock their defence, which was the problem we had.

He would have missed last night anyway with his dodgy knee.

If he comes back into the team and we stuff Derby it''ll be the right decision.

The problems for me last night were tiredness, a very stubborn Wigan, poor officials, a flat atmosphere and sheer bad luck. I didn''t feel Tettey''s loss at all.

We didn''t help ourselves with some very slow passing and Hooper/Jerome barely moving up front but we''re not a top team. We''re good for this level but we''re not so good we''re incapable of putting in bad performances. It''s gutting, not as gutting as Grabbans injury but whatever, we move on!