Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Last nights Ref and Lineman

Possibly the worst ref I''ve ever seen, and I''ve seen some crap in my time. Wigan conned them time after time, time wasting as soon as they scored, feigning injury etc etc. somebody told me we''ve had issues with that lineman before ?

Wigan done a job last night. Everything you would expect from a team fighting for their lives. They were just as awful as us but got the goal and that was that. Stop start match thereafter which suited Wigan , even coming out late for the 2nd half added to the frustration. Ref was very poor. One of those nights. Need to go to Millwall who have not won at home in ten and start another winning run.

First ref is s**** post in a long time. We lost because we were poor, created little and didn''t score. Nothing to do with the officials, it just happens that when frustrated you tend to notice them more. Doesn''t change the fact that ithe defeat was down to us

I''m not blaming the ref, just saying how poor he was which played into Wigan''s hands. If Howard Webb had been in charge we''d still have lost with that performance.

Saw AN turn to the fourth official and say "What the f*** is going on!?" during the first half. Constant time wasting from the beginning and the officials did nothing about it. He wasn''t aggressive, but was clearly as bemused as the rest of us how their physio was so busy, every booking took a 30 second talking to, and a lot of 50/50s were deemed fouls. Terrible ref. Still must be horrible having 26,000 people call you a w***er!

[quote user="Funny old game"]First ref is s**** post in a long time. We lost because we were poor, created little and didn''t score. Nothing to do with the officials, it just happens that when frustrated you tend to notice them more. Doesn''t change the fact that ithe defeat was down to us[/quote]

Totally agree. Say the ref hadn''t given us an obvious penalty or failed to send off one of their players for a clear red card then we would have every right to feel aggrieved.

He did add on 8 minutes of injury time throughout the game and booked one of their players in the first half for time wasting.

Can''t use him as a scapegoat for our poor performance. Now lets react and go and beat Millwall!