Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Grabban Surgery

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Bad bad news, ankle surgery. Need a loan in to replace him now.[/quote]So we get one injury and we need a loan in. But wasn''t but a couple of days ago we were all saying that we had 3 great strikers in the squad who were on fire.  So now one injury + one defeat and overnight our current squad is no longer good enough.

Screw the loan system unless Aguero needs a few minutes.

I''d go with what we''ve got. Morris will be buzzing to make an impact and Jerome and Hooper should normally be too much for the defences at this level. We even have Becchio to come back into the fold if we need some experience on the bench. He has pwned the championship many times before!

I think we need to look at the type of strikers we now have.

Surely the Becchio debate finished a long time ago and in my opinion Morris is niether good enough or ready to contribute to a Premier League chasing team.

That leaves us Jerome and Hooper and it''s clear niether of those offer what Grabban has vitaly given us.

We are chasing one of the biggest prizes in football, why wouldn''t you look at the loan market? Why accept to simply ''go with what we''ve got''?

Agreed

We are chasing a massive prize and are (only just) within touching distance of The Premiership. Morris looks overweight in fact made Grant Holt look as if he had been on the Atkins diet. Morris has been out twice to Wroxham type clubs and not retained. Can see why.

I''ve heard we cannot recall Lafferty

SHAME - I''d have had Laffs back after that 45 mins of Hooper yesterday. Need someone mobile out there to pull defenders around. Hoops is static - no doubt he can score goals in six yard box, but as Redmond can''t clear first defender with a cross or a corner, he''s ineffective.

Someone on twitter has suggested that he may only be out for a few weeks, as it was exploratory keyhole surgery to clean the inside of the ankle whatever that means ??

[quote user="ron obvious"]People on WOTB saying could be 7-10 days. Not sure of their source though.[/quote]

Man do I hope this is true. I wasn''t a fan of Grabben before Neil but I think he is pivotal now. Can we still achievement with out him? Yes. But I do think it will be much much harder. A win on Saturday and confidence will be high again going into the Derby match. COYY!

Neil confirmed he''s had the cartlidge in his ankle repaired.

This particular injury depends on the type of procedure and the amount that has to be repaired/replaced. Hardest places to recover quickly are the knee, and you guessed it, ankle.

Some have to walk with crutches for a few weeks, and the larger procedures could leave him out for a couple of months instead of weeks. Either way he''s had an incision into his ankle which is going to take atleast a few weeks to repair and heal properly.

With a knee sometimes it can be a bit of keyhole to tidy up some floaty bits and tidy up any minor cartilage damage, can recover quite quickly, not sure if the same applies to ankles but it may be that the prognoses is better than we all initially thought.

It wasn''t long ago everyone was very much Jerome and Hooper. One bad performance from the duo can''t change that for me. I''d have them back out there on Saturday. Millwall will have more of the initiative on saturday and need wins as Wigan did. I simply can''t see the same happening as Wednesday night. Wigan scored with their only decent shot of the game.