Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Duncan Forbes article in EDP today

Tough read , especiallly from the family''s perspective

I still have on the Alzheimer''s Research UK wrist band I bought at last years Duncan''s Day, and I have a friend I used to work with , who has Alzheimers, who is also in a home, and I can relate to what Janette Forbes says about recognition for instance, from what his (my friend) wife says ,and what I have experienced when I have visited him

Very very sad.

I knew about Duncan before a few people as I have a relative who works in care. He''s being well looked after I can assure you all.Its tragic to read about him from the families point of view.Alzheimers (and MND) are the too things I hope never happen to me or anyone I know... from my point of view I''d sooner take my chances with a life threatening condition then i would risk never recognising my daughter again.

Very sad indeed.

When I was a lad, Duncan was friendly with the parents of a school friend of mine. At the time, I wanted nothing more than to be the next Chris Woods, and Duncan used to take me and my friend up to the old training ground at Trowse for a kick about. He didn''t have to - he didn''t really know me from Adam - but he knew we were mad keen Canary fans. Such a nice, gentle and funny man - but he had one hell of a shot on him, even then.

Respect to him and to his wife - hope they get some peace and comfort.