Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Midweek games

[quote user="morty"]Oddly I feel no pressure. I think it''s a combination of adjusting my expectations mid season, and confidence in Alex, based on his amazing record so far. It really feels like our wheels won''t fall off.[/quote]
God I wish I had your nerves and confidence, I certainly hope the players have it, they seem to.
I feel like I may be sick at any moment.

We just have to keep on doing what we are doing.

I said last night I didn''t think Boro or Derby would get in the top two and nothing tonight has changed my mind.

Derby should win on Saturday but Boro go to Forest who need to win to have any chance of a play off.

On Friday Bournemouth have a tricky game at Fulham.

It is easy to forget how much we have improved our league position recently but we do need to keep going for the wins while not putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure.

[quote user="morty"]Oddly I feel no pressure.[/quote]

That''s good to know, morty, but I''d hazard a guess the manager and the players will. When was the last time you pulled a football shirt over your 15 stone frame, ya fat f*ck?The Wigan match has banana skin written all over it and my concern is ''certain'' players complacency after six consecutive victories. There''s five to six squad members who have always been feeling the pressure, morty, and four of those players will be feeling the pressure tomorrow night.

We will do just fine tomorrow night.

CR will be rocking and there is no way our lads will be allowed to understimate the oppo.

Can''t wait.😄

Can''t wait. If we give the amount of effort we have been doing then I expect it will be quite a monumental scoreline. As well as being 2nd in the table, back in the auto''s. Good times are returning.

[quote user="Shyster"] my concern is ''certain'' players complacency after six consecutive victories.

There''s five to six squad members who have always been feeling the pressure, morty, and four of those players will be feeling the pressure tomorrow night.
[/quote]

Whatever are you on about ? [*-)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Shyster"] my concern is ''certain'' players complacency after six consecutive victories. There''s five to six squad members who have always been feeling the pressure, morty, and four of those players will be feeling the pressure tomorrow night.[/quote]

[/quote]

You, of all people, Til, shouldn''t make feel the need to put it out in braille.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Shyster"] my concern is ''certain'' players complacency after six consecutive victories.

There''s five to six squad members who have always been feeling the pressure, morty, and four of those players will be feeling the pressure tomorrow night.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You, of all people, Til, shouldn''t make feel the need to put it out in braille.
[/quote]

Having just spoken to another poster on the phone to check I was not missing something I am afraid to say Shyster you are going to have to indulge me.

We just need to make sure we remain unbeaten. Wigan need to win so we should look to pick them off, keep possession as much as possible and hit them on the break. They will probably be playing with a similar outlook to us early on but will be forced to step it up if it remains goalless.It should be an interesting game from a strategic point of view, with a draw not being the disaster some might perceive it to be. We need to avoid sucker punches and see where that takes us.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Shyster"] my concern is ''certain'' players complacency after six consecutive victories. There''s five to six squad members who have always been feeling the pressure, morty, and four of those players will be feeling the pressure tomorrow night.[/quote]

[/quote]

You, of all people, Til, shouldn''t make feel the need to put it out in braille.[/quote]

Having just spoken to another poster on the phone to check I was not missing something I am afraid to say Shyster you are going to have to indulge me.

[/quote]

It''d be more like ''divulge'' now, Til -- and I''m not prepared to do so.Because the likes of Morty, Nigel, Lappin & yourself prefer to believe you know better.

Oh dear Shyster, you been drinking stuff you found under the sink again?[:(]