Sign in to follow this  
Goss93

What has happened to Vadis?

Is he injured again? Seems very strange that he''s not been closer to the first team picture of late.

He travelled with the last two squads. It appears he''s struggling to get on the bench ahead of our current options.

It''s a shame he''s not a striker tbh!

Alex Neil was asked about him a couple of weeks ago. The reply was that he was still some way off full match fitness and there was the possibility of  jeopardising his recovery by too much involvement at Championship level. Neil said he didn''t anticipate Vadis playing much part until next season.

Yes I wondered what has happened to him. AN said he would probably be in the squad for the Wigan game, as he was left out of the U21 Porto game, but he wasn''t even on the bench and nobody has mentioned him since. So what''s going on?

We could have done with someone like him on Wednesday.

Good point actually, if we''d had him Wednesday to replace the ineffective Dorrans, perhaps he could have provided a spark?

I guess Andreu and Wes beat him to a place on the bench. Him and Morris will have been in the 18 as 1st and second reserve

What was the point of signing of Andeu? He looks like an incredibly similar style of player to Vadis, and ahead of him in the pecking order as he''s one of AN''s signings. And then adding Dorrans on top of that, i highly doubt we''ll see Vadis play at all with the first team this season (or at all)

Well Vadis has been on the old tweets tonight retweeting that he should come in to cover Tettey''s place. I too thought he was bought as a Ramires style box to box type as opposed to an attacking mid.

Andreu will have his use, especially with Wes tired and Grabban injured.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Good point actually, if we''d had him Wednesday to replace the ineffective Dorrans, perhaps he could have provided a spark? I guess Andreu and Wes beat him to a place on the bench. Him and Morris will have been in the 18 as 1st and second reserve [/quote]

Although Dorrans probably needs a run of games before we really see him at his best I think it''s a bit unfair to say he was ineffective.

I thought it was quite clearly the case that Dorrans was trying to spark something but he had all night long was a lack of options to play the ball into. Bassong and Howson also had that problem. Looking to move the ball but nowhere to go with it.

Jerome and Hooper don''t give you the movement and options that Grabban does. Jerome did try to offer something to the team but Hooper didn''t and Redmond wasn''t much better.

Dorrans and Howson are very, very good footballers and if they''re struggling to make something happen (same as Hoolahan) I doubt Vadis would have been able to come up with much.

[quote user="GJP"]

I thought it was quite clearly the case that Dorrans was trying to spark something but* he had all night long was a lack of options to play the ball into. Bassong and Howson also had that problem.

[/quote]

*but the problem he had