Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Saturday's wishlist

With Bournemouth looking like they''re gonna get 3 points tonight at Fulham (2 up at half time) we could do with a couple of results going our way tomorrowDerby 0-0 Birmingham - would like Derby to get beat but I can''t see it happening. Hope for a defeat, settle for a draw.Scum 0-0 Brentford - best result all round would be a draw, we don''t want either to win.Millwall 0-2 City - would be happy with a routine performance - clean sheet, 3 points, no yellows or reds and no injuries.Forest 2-0 Boro - Forest playing well so could be a tough game for Boro who haven''t been great away from home recentlyWolves 1-0 Watford - difficult one but a defeat for Watford might just slow them down a bit. If not, a draw wouldn''t be a bad result.That would leave the table looking very tight
Bournemouth 66
Middlesbrough 66
Derby 66
Watford 65
Norwich 65
Brentford 62
Ipswich 61
Wolves 60

Think you''re being overly hopeful that Derby will draw against Brum, they are at home and whilst I am aware that they are on a bit of a bad run still think they have too much for Brum!

Watford Wolves to me could well be a draw or Watford win.

Anyway, as long as we win, which I think we will, we''ll still be in with a chance of the auto''s.

My wishlist:

We win

Jerome and Hooper get a goal each

Clean sheet

Vadis gets some decent game time

Redmond gets an assist

A few other rivals lose their games.

I''ll take the first one though.

My wish list is we win 3-0. Jerome scores the first goal. Howson and Hoolahan the other two. And all the goals come in the second half.

Never mind wish lists, what matters is rules of thumb. The first one being:"If there''s a banana skin, City will slip on it"Given which, other teams'' results are more or less irrelevant.

Kevin Baldwins alternative laws of football:

A team that has been on a good run of either wins or defeats will see it come to an end against Norwich.

I may be paraphrasing, but you get the gist.

I''d go with the op''s scenario.  One point from the top and a tight top seven gives us the chance to attack the very top.  It gives the other teams hope too, but that doesn''t matter.   One point from the top is the best place to be to challenge top position. Class will prevail and as long as we get back to total competitiveness asap, we will surely be right there and challenging for top spot, right to the end of the season, however many teams there are doing well.  It may be close for the next few weeks, but you can''t win the league without being there, so if we are one point off it after today, we are in prime position to challenge.    

Norwich win.
Ipswich lose in the 93rd minute to a dodgy penalty, are docked three points for fielding an ineligible player, McCarthy gets a touchline ban for chinning the fourth official after award of said penalty, club are fined £50,000 for an on-pitch brawl which leaves six of their players in hospital with long term injuries.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Kevin Baldwins alternative laws of football:

A team that has been on a good run of either wins or defeats will see it come to an end against Norwich.

I may be paraphrasing, but you get the gist.[/quote]Maybe we can have a sticky thread for these perennial truths about the club we support. Seems to me they are not well enough known nowadays!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

My wish list is we win 3-0. Jerome scores the first goal. Howson and Hoolahan the other two. And all the goals come in the second half.

[/quote]

Good shout Nutty. 2 out of 3 so far!

[quote user="Making Plans"]With Bournemouth looking like they''re gonna get 3 points tonight at Fulham (2 up at half time) we could do with a couple of results going our way tomorrowDerby 0-0 Birmingham - would like Derby to get beat but I can''t see it happening. Hope for a defeat, settle for a draw.Scum 0-0 Brentford - best result all round would be a draw, we don''t want either to win.Millwall 0-2 City - would be happy with a routine performance - clean sheet, 3 points, no yellows or reds and no injuries.Forest 2-0 Boro - Forest playing well so could be a tough game for Boro who haven''t been great away from home recentlyWolves 1-0 Watford - difficult one but a defeat for Watford might just slow them down a bit. If not, a draw wouldn''t be a bad result.That would leave the table looking very tight
Bournemouth 66
Middlesbrough 66
Derby 66
Watford 65
Norwich 65
Brentford 62
Ipswich 61
Wolves 60
[/quote]Not bad then [:)]4 right, 2 wrong. But then you can''t have everything

And a few sending offs in some of the challenging teams too! Aside from Seb''s and Grab''s injury we should be at full strength for Derby.