Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Current form

Interesting, particularly the last 6 games statsCity top, Watford 4th, Brentford 8th, Bournemouth 12th, Derby 15th, Boro 16th and oh look, 1p5wich 17th

Last 6 matches (overall)

GPWDLGFGAGDPts

Norwich City

+10

Charlton

+9

Nottm Forest

+7

Watford

+3

Leeds Utd

+1

Brighton & Hove

+4

Wolverhampton

+6

Brentford

+5

Sheffield Wed

+3

Blackburn

+1

Wigan Athletic

Bournemouth

+2

Cardiff City

+1

Birmingham City

Derby County

Middlesbrough

Ipswich Town

Bolton

Rotherham

Huddersfield

Fulham

Reading

Blackpool

Millwall

Last 10 matches (overall)

GPWDLGFGAGDPts

Norwich City

+14

Watford

+8

Leeds Utd

+4

Nottm Forest

+9

Middlesbrough

+5

Derby County

+6

Charlton

+6

Brentford

+5

Wolverhampton

+8

Bournemouth

+5

Brighton & Hove

+2

Rotherham

Blackburn

Sheffield Wed

Birmingham City

Ipswich Town

Bolton

Huddersfield

Reading

Cardiff City

Wigan Athletic

Fulham

Millwall

Blackpool

I predict Derby and Boro will be in the play offs only.

Bournemouth will walk the title now.

Norwich and Watford are fighting for 2nd.

Four sides are going for the remaining two play off places and one or two may well finish above Derby.

Bournemouth have a lot of mid table sides with little or nothing to pay for and they have had their blip.

I think Bournemouth, Derby and Boro have room to pick up after their lapses. Norwich on the other hand have ridden their luck and need to continue to stretch their form until the end. Bournemouth deserve to win the title for playing the best football.

Bournemouth''s run-in is actually fairly similar to ours: we both play two of the top sides + the rest against ''lower'' ones - these guys can be very tricky when the pressure is on. I think it will be nip and tuck to the end of the season, but think if we are to make it we''ll be sorted before the final game.

I can''t see that 93vintage. Looking at Derby and Boro''s current form going into the rest of their March fixtures.

Next week we could do some serious damage to Derby.

Wouldn''t mind it if Bournemouth go up, they''ll take all the media attention away from us, like Swansea did in 2011 and allow us to go about our business quietly, staying under the radar, allowing other teams to play us as if it''s a nothing game.

I hope it''s us, Bournemouth and Scum. B''mouth I''ve already said why and Scum would be cannon fodder. Their squad couldn''t cope and ME would pocket all the tv money and barely invest at all to keep them up

How on earth have Norwich ''ridden their luck'' 93? Certainly no more so than anyone else - and that with some particularly awful reffing against us along the way. We are all where we are; no one in the top 5 has room for more than the odd slip from now and have a degree of momentum that we don''t want to let slip.

Bournemouth will blow up when they see the finishing line, they are already faltering, down to 10th in the form table. All of our serious challengers are beginning to waver except for Watford. We are looking stronger as we edge closer to the end of the season because of the experience running through the squad. Many of our players have Premier League experience and won''t be daunted by the prospect of playing there next year. I predict NCFC as champions with Watford as runners up.

[quote user="93vintage"]I think Bournemouth, Derby and Boro have room to pick up after their lapses. Norwich on the other hand have ridden their luck and need to continue to stretch their form until the end. Bournemouth deserve to win the title for playing the best football.[/quote]B I N N E RINNER

Bournemouth are an overhyped bully boy team.Although they are showing everybody the importance of beating the smaller sides. I reckon they''ll get beaten in the playoffs.

I think Derby will blow it. Bent and Martin both injured.

Watford have the best attack, but defence is incredibly leaky. I think they will drop too many points.

Boro look the most complete of our rivals but the cracks are appearing

Bournemouth were running away with it but appeared to be faltering until the last week. I think there will be some more faltering to come as their squad is tested. I predict around easter they will drop some more points.

As for us, I just don''t know. Logic states that we are the most likely to get promoted, our only rival games are the two at home and we have a nice run of "lower standard" teams to play but we have proven how fragile we can be as we lost at home to Wigan when we didn''t know how to cope without Tettey and Jerome.

Now that we have Hooper back in the goals and Jerome at his industrious best today, Seb and Tettey back, a decent performance from Dorrans under his belt, Wes at his creative best, Cuellar doing well and Grabban not as bad as first feared, we potentially have all the ingredients we need for the final push, it will all boil down to our mental charachter.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]How on earth have Norwich ''ridden their luck'' 93? Certainly no more so than anyone else - and that with some particularly awful reffing against us along the way. We are all where we are; no one in the top 5 has room for more than the odd slip from now and have a degree of momentum that we don''t want to let slip.[/quote]It''s a sort of law of averages argument. We had six consecutive wins, which historically is quite exceptional, and this took us very close to the top. This roughly coincided with the current top three, who have been up there practically all season, having mixed form.I fear that our ''luck'' will even out by us dropping points just as the top three revert to their norms by picking up to form. But if we do finish in the top two then we''ll look back at the final 20 games and see a historical purple patch as we both made up a deficit and hung on until we crossed the finishing line.Nothing is impossible, but the formbook suggests we still have it all to do.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="93vintage"]I think Bournemouth, Derby and Boro have room to pick up after their lapses. Norwich on the other hand have ridden their luck and need to continue to stretch their form until the end. Bournemouth deserve to win the title for playing the best football.[/quote]B I N N E RINNER[/quote]It''s a shame that there are a few fans that feel the need to troll on here after a victory. If you haven''t got anything constructive to say then may I suggest that you rally around Alex Neil and the team? If we finish in the playoff positions then it''s very important that fans are united instead of sniping at each other.OTBC.

[quote user="93vintage"]It''s a sort of law of averages argument. We had six consecutive wins, which historically is quite exceptional, and this took us very close to the top. This roughly coincided with the current top three, who have been up there practically all season, having mixed form.I fear that our ''luck'' will even out by us dropping points just as the top three revert to their norms by picking up to form. But if we do finish in the top two then we''ll look back at the final 20 games and see a historical purple patch as we both made up a deficit and hung on until we crossed the finishing line.Nothing is impossible, but the formbook suggests we still have it all to do.[/quote]What an unbelievable load of tosh.1. So when we were "having mixed form", didn''t the current top 3 benefit from that as well or is that somehow different?2. Every team has luck and you have to have it to get promoted so why and how is our luck different to everybody else''s?3. Everybody still "has it all to do" but the current form the formbook says we are the most likely to do it. Are you saying the current form tables are false and if so why?

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="93vintage"]I think Bournemouth, Derby and Boro have room to pick up after their lapses. Norwich on the other hand have ridden their luck and need to continue to stretch their form until the end. Bournemouth deserve to win the title for playing the best football.[/quote]B I N N E RINNER[/quote]It''s a shame that there are a few fans that feel the need to troll on here after a victory. If you haven''t got anything constructive to say then may I suggest that you rally around Alex Neil and the team? If we finish in the playoff positions then it''s very important that fans are united instead of sniping at each other.OTBC.[/quote]Yes, it is a shame isn''t it?[:|]