Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Finally we have intelligent, articulate and progressive manager...

The football management landscape has changed significantly. Wenger and Mourinho have a lot to thank for that. Love or hate them, they are intelligent footballing people who know how to succeed in what is a now a very advanced and complex industry. It''s not enough to have played at the highest level, to have the "respect" of the lads. In Alex Neil we have someone in the mould of Mourinho. Ok he has a long way to go but he''s on that path. Brentford and Bournemouth have similar mangers and the board have looked at that and acted. It once again shows that DM knows what he''s doing and when he''s allowed to have his way we succeed.

Don''t get me wrong, I like Neil Adams (and Hughton) but they''re old pros who are good coaches, nothing more. All that silly business with Bassong and then Pilkington was ridiculous and just bad management. We now have an articulate manger who is honest and straight with his players and the press. Ok we didn''t turn up against Wigan but his honesty about the players being fatigued after the run of games we''ve had was fine by me. It was''t an excuse, as many on here are jumping on. It was true and he said the players would be hurt by the defeat and that plus adrenaline would get them through the Millwall game. He was spot on. All the top 6 are having wobbles, we''ve had ours and I''m confident we''ll beat Derby and Borough. Just can''t believe we have Fulham last game of the season!

So well done Alex Neil, I just hope we hang onto you long enough to get us up and established in the premier league. And don''t get sucked into the "we like it in the championship" brigade. Yes it''s fun while you have a decent squad but imagine our squad next season if we don''t go up. We''ll be back down to league 1 in no time at all.

Agree with all of that except the last sentence. It takes some serious howlers to get relegated from this league and I can''t see it happening under any circumstances under this board. Worst case scenario is we''d turn into a perpetual upper mid table club but that won''t happen under AN.

He will get us up either this year or the next. I''m 100% certain about that, he''s untested in the transfer market so far but every other aspect of his management has been proven quality so far. Plus we still have some money to strengthen next year. This season is exciting now but because of how certain I am he''ll get us up soon I''m not too nervous about the prospect of us not quite making it