Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Of the ten games to go.........

We only won two of the reverse fixtures, not sure if that''s good or bad. You could say we''re out for revenge OR that eight of the above have us worked out, though most of those games we''d have Neil Adams in charge. Thoughts ?

Has no bearing IMO, its going to be all about our approach to each game, its going to be a huge test of nerve for all the clubs with aspirations. Deby i think have the tougher run in, so interesting times ahead,

I''d say if we still had Neil Adams in charge it may have more of an impact. But then I think we''d be out of the title running already if we still had Neil in charge and the games wouldn''t matter.

I''ll just point out here that we won away at Wigan and Brentford with Neil Adams in charge so nothing is as clearcut as you''d have us believe. It''s a funny old game....

It will look a bit clearer in a fornightts time (evening 21st March). Which is after clubs have played an intense 3 games in 8 days. That will test all squads and should see a smaller group breaking off to chase automatic. Middlesboro have Ipswich ,Derby and Watford. Derby have us ,Middlesboro and Wolves. If those two are to stay with us it will mean that others drop points. I cannot see there being 5 teams at the top with only a point difference between them by 5pm, 21st March.

[quote user="TomMoore"]It will look a bit clearer in a fornightts time (evening 21st March). Which is after clubs have played an intense 3 games in 8 days. That will test all squads and should see a smaller group breaking off to chase automatic. Middlesboro have Ipswich ,Derby and Watford. Derby have us ,Middlesboro and Wolves. If those two are to stay with us it will mean that others drop points. I cannot see there being 5 teams at the top with only a point difference between them by 5pm, 21st March.

[/quote]
There are no more games being played in those 8 days than many other 8 day periods of the season, it is true there are some clashes among the top 8, but no more than that. I would be pretty certain that Alex Neil will be looking at each match on it''s merits, and selecting the team likewise, well probably.

[quote user="Funny old game"]22 points from the ten games should do it. 7 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats. Manageable?[/quote]
We took 21 from the last 10 games when last promoted from the Championship, the only defeat of which was (IIRC) a 3-0 thumping at Swansea.