Sign in to follow this  
DrDublin

Is anyone else chuffed to see NCFC using their You Tube Channel...

It used to be so underused, great that we get highlights pretty much 24hrs after each game. It still get''s my goat that the Comm''s aren''t available on Radio Norfolk internet, I think the good will of the fans living outside the area is worth far more than what I imagine is a pittance that Canaries World raises.

I think the club has been able to really take the youtube channel to the next level as the Football League are a lot more relaxed about showing highlights than the Premier League.

If we go up, the goal highlight videos will probably be left behind :(

[quote] user="Jack''s Back"]I think the club has been able to really take the youtube channel to the next level as the Football League are a lot more relaxed about showing highlights than the Premier League.

If we go up, the goal highlight videos will probably be left behind :([/quote]

It was interesting that two Vines of our goals were posted during the game, the PL have said that they are going to try and stop this happening, wonder whether the success rate will be similar to stopping streaming.

That''s bonkers to me, why can''t people who love the game take vid''s of it and post? Everything seems to have a price these days, oh, including buying a world cup, even if thousand''s die. So many facets of Footy are nasty.

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]You could go to the occasional game and see 90 minutes of highlights. It''s called supporting your team[/quote] Very simplistic, we don''t all have the money to do so, doesn''t mean we''re any less fans mate.

[quote user="DrDublin"][quote user="Hopeful Canary"]You could go to the occasional game and see 90 minutes of highlights. It''s called supporting your team[/quote] Very simplistic, we don''t all have the money to do so, doesn''t mean we''re any less fans mate.[/quote]
Ignore this one Dublin, we haven''t worked out if he''s just a troll or seriously damaged in the head, possibly both.

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]And as if by magic one of the master plastics makes an appearance. I rest my case[/quote]
Clap........    Clap........    Clap........
Well done #1 super fan, best supporter ever, Mr Norwich City, judge over all others.
Perhaps every one should send you their NCFC supporting CV and you could run your ever so critical eye over them and give them a plasticity rating? While I''m at it, where is the tedious and repetitive nonsense now? Huh?
That you judge at all shows me all I need to know about you.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Hopeful you really are a tedious pil1ock![/quote]

Thanks for the feedback. I put in a lot of effort I am glad you recognise the fact

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]You could go to the occasional game and see 90 minutes of highlights. It''s called supporting your team[/quote]

That really is an original suggestion

http://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2014/august/is-posting-football-vines-copyright-infringement/

“Broadcast footage is protected by copyright, but a new exception to copyright due to come into force in October will introduce a general qualified right to quote copyrighted works. It may be possible for individuals and organisations, such as betting companies for example, to rely on this new exception to justify the posting of Premier League clips online provided there is sufficient acknowledgment. Ultimately only a court could make it clear exactly what the new law allows”

I think the above applies to Vines filed from the TV, as they are already publicly broadcast.  So I think this is illegal, pending a test case for commercial use.

Sports rights holders need to be aware that there is a difference in the law which governs fans posting clips of TV footage to that which governs fans posting clips of live action from the sidelines of the match itself.

“The Premier League and member clubs need to work with social media platforms to help them identify and remove copyright infringing clips. Ultimately they may need to go to court to establish a precedent on what types of clips from games infringe copyright and where the news reporting or quotation ''fair dealing'' exceptions cannot be relied on by either media companies, other organisations or the general public”

I think this refers to vines filmed inside the ground; So I think this is still legal, pending a test case.

Interestingly a few  of years ago (11/12 season) I posted a youtube clip of a free kick City too at Stoke on Saturday night and Sunday morning received a very terse standard Youtube notification that my clip had been removed and don’t do it again. I was then that I was told that this was ok but Youtube just took them down anyway. (I didn’t either check what I was told nor challenge this)

Lots more words posted in the article above (it italics) I’ve just pasted a couple of paras.

So I should go to every game shoud I?

1) I live 200 miles away from Norwich.

2) I like to play football for my Saturday team.

3) As I can''t attend every game, the chance for me to buy a 1 off match ticket is sometimes impossible.

4) The times the tickets don''t sell out, they still cost £30+ and the petrol on top of that is £50. I then have to hope a family member can put me up for the night. As a guy in his mid twenties in an alright paying job, £80+ every time I want to see Norwich play is unsustainable.

Because of all this, I go to the games I can get to around my local area (anything within 100 miles of Leeds basically) and go to the games I can get a ticket for when I''m down in Norwich visiting my family.

Am I less of a fan?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]So I should go to every game shoud I?

3) As I can''t attend every game, the chance for me to buy a 1 off match ticket is sometimes impossible.

4) The times the tickets don''t sell out, they still cost £30+ and the petrol on top of that is £50. I then have to hope a family member can put me up for the night. As a guy in his mid twenties in an alright paying job, £80+ every time I want to see Norwich play is unsustainable.

Because of all this, I go to the games I can get to around my local area (anything within 100 miles of Leeds basically) and go to the games I can get a ticket for when I''m down in Norwich visiting my family.

Am I less of a fan?[/quote]
I would say Hopeful Canary will rank you somewhere between PVC and Polystyrene Jimmy.

[quote user="DrDublin"]It used to be so underused, great that we get highlights pretty much 24hrs after each game. It still get''s my goat that the Comm''s aren''t available on Radio Norfolk internet, I think the good will of the fans living outside the area is worth far more than what I imagine is a pittance that Canaries World raises.[/quote]
Welcome to the forum DrDublin and yes I agree its great that ncfc are using the you tube videos [:)] 
When we''re playing away I always pop on wotb at 2pm as you always put the teams news up on there very quickly so keep up the good work.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]So I should go to every game shoud I?

Am I less of a fan?[/quote]Don''t react to the idiot mate.Not worth giving him the reaction.