Sign in to follow this  
morty

Champs / Prem

[quote user="morty"]Who is enjoying this more than being in the Premiership?[/quote]Competing is awesome.........The prize is awful. [:(]

quote user="A Load of Squit"]It''s great, the only problem with the Championship is if you do well you get promoted.

[/quote

Brilliant!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]Who is enjoying this more than being in the Premiership?[/quote]Competing is awesome.........The prize is awful. [:(][/quote]This.The Prem is uncompetitive, but sadly if we don''t go up we could end up like Ipswich.

[quote user="morty"]Who is enjoying this more than being in the Premiership?[/quote]I am & it would be fine for a season or two. Then we all know what would happen - players would leave, performances would go downhill, results would get worse, league position would suffer, manager would get sacked, attendances would fall & income would drop. Then you''re back in the downward spiral of having average players playing poor football, being mid division & just hoping for a miracle.I''d rather we were a yo-yo club - a couple of years in the PL against the best players/teams & the odd season like this when we get entertained & promoted.Long term Championship?No thanks

Pop back up,grab the dosh and run back down. Simples.

Love the championship and hate the boredom of the premiership.

"Load of old squit" - yet it''s the time of season when those at the bottom of premiership start to realise their days are probably numbered, and look enviously at those at the top of the championship knowing they will be trading places and stealing the limelight. There''s no answer to it.

I love this league as it is so competitive and at the moment we are right up there as one of the best in it. I want to get promoted but then realise it will mean being patronised on MOTD each week whether we win or get thrashed and that we will get no refereeing decisions against the big boys all season.

The only bright point is the ludicrous amount of money that we get that will inevitably make us continue to be ultra competitive in the championship.

I want to see my team playing at the highest level and playing the best teams. So want us playing in the Premier League season after season.

I think our season in the PL under Lambert proved a ''smaller'' club can fare well. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can''t see Alex Neil adopting a negative approach like Hughton and I''d expect us to be highly competitive in the Prem WHEN we get promoted.

We''ve not tried to become an attractive footballing side so I remain skeptical as to whether we can sustain a run in the top division and better our recent finishes. Hence premiership football in recent years has become mostly synonymous with watching dire football and hoping to scrape enough points to survive.Winning at the likes of Blackpool and Millwall is scant consolation for playing the top teams and maybe enjoying the occassional European campaign. It''s a shame that the board have no interest in domestic or European cup runs anymore, but are merely content to finish 17th or higher.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Was the Lambert Premier League season boring for you guys?

[/quote]It had its good moments, just like Hughton''s first season, but it had the odd smattering of a good kicking, which is never much fun.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]No reason we can''t emulate Swansea. That''s the dream at the moment lol![/quote]If we can stop haemorrhaging coaching staff and enjoy a bit of stability then maybe we could build up to that, but the jury is still out at the moment as to whether we''re aiming to play attractive passing football. It takes time to get to that sort of level, but a top ten finish should be the aim if we can stand up to the top teams instead of playing for a draw.

The Prem season following promotion is usually good because you do it with the players you came up with.

The current squad is older and/or better than what we had last season.

Next time we play in the Prem I hope we play to our principles unlike the surrender style of Hughton.

Swindon just did a good job of summing it up.

If we want to retain our players, it has to be the PL. Look at the clubs in the championship which failed to return at the first attempt that is the reward for failure.

Highland Canary wrote the following post at 08/03/2015 9:07 AM:

If we want to retain our players, it has to be the PL. Look at the clubs in the championship which failed to return at the first attempt that is the reward for failure.

It''s a graveyard.

Anyway, we''re in the mix for the automatics rather than heading for mid-table. Millwall fans were subdued yesterday and given their recent home record that can be in no way surprising.

Sadly the prem is where all the money is so as fun as the champ has been we need to get promoted

For me our recent experiences in the Prem have been almost entirely determined by the managers in charge.....2011-12 was lots of fun if a little gung ho and who knows how far we could have gone if Lambert had stayed.The two subsequent seasons were often painful to watch in our attempts to grind out points but while there would inevitably be some games like that should we go up it would probably be much more enjoyable under AN than it was with CH.

Swansea is certainly the model to aspire to but reaching those heights would almost certainly result in AN moving on like Lambert, Brendan Rogers etc so we would need to have a plan to replace him and keep the club at that level like Swansea have had.

I love watching games in the Championship but personally I get that extra buzz from the anticipation of playing one of the countries biggest clubs even if the likelihood of a win or even a goal or two is much less. As a supporter you have to want your club to be as good as it can be but as Leicester have shown it can lead to things going from fantastic to awful in a very short space of time.