Sign in to follow this  
Rock The Boat

Could AN turn RVW into a Premier Leagu Striker?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Whereas I don''t think there is any way back for RvW with us we must also remember other strikers who played in Hughton teams and not judge too quickly.

After his displays for us, is there any way back for Harry Kane?[/quote]Harry Kane started one game for us, and came off the bench twice. He then got injured. If you can accurately forecast a players long term ability after about 120mins of football, you need to join Ton Cavendish and his scouting team.Using the same theory - RVW got himself about quite well in his first game, and scored with a fantastic header. So, he''s amazing right? All competitions / clubs, RVW has scored 9 goals since that goal. Bradley Johnson has scored 13 from midfield in the same time period.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 07/03/2015 10:00 PM:

Newton wrote:

his wages will shoot up to £40K per week if we go back to the Prem

Here we go again with Newton and figures plucked out of the air which if repeated often enough will be regarded as FACT.

Source please.

Hi Troll (Sorry Till)

As you are well aware the details of players personal contracts are not made public.

But, when Wolf was signed McNally said he was the clubs most expensive player and an investment for the future. There were many rumours that Bassong was on £35K per week and indeed I read on Pinkun that Holt''s new contract all those years ago was £35K per week (his agent released it) and therefore given McNally comments one would assume that a sal of £40K per week would be a reasonable estimate

TILL are you aware this is a board for comments / views etc - not every post is pure fact, that''s what makes it so interesting

When you stated some time ago that you were very happy with Adams summer signings, I accepted your view - I certainly did not ask you to back it up with facts as there are none - other than only 2 play on a regular basis

To get back to the thread TILL - what is your opinion of the Wolfs weekly wage, or don''t you have one (more likely)

[quote user="Newton"]TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 07/03/2015 10:00 PM: Newton wrote: his wages will shoot up to £40K per week if we go back to the Prem Here we go again with Newton and figures plucked out of the air which if repeated often enough will be regarded as FACT. Source please. Hi Troll (Sorry Till) .As you are well aware the details of players personal contracts are not made public. But, when Wolf was signed McNally said he was the clubs most expensive player and an investment for the future. There were many rumours that Bassong was on £35K a week and indeed I read on Pinkun that Holt''s new contract all those years ago was £35K per week ( his agent released it) and therefore given McNally comments one would assume that a sal of £40K per week would be a reasonable estimate TILL are you aware this is a board for comments / views etc - not every post is pure fact, that''s what makes it so interesting When you stated some time ago that you were very happy with Adams summer signings, I accepted your view - I certainly did not ask you to back it up with facts as there are none - other than only 2 play on a regular basis To get back to the thread TILL - what is your opinion of the Wolfs weekly wage, or don''t you have one (more likely)[/quote]

You yourself  state that contracts are not made public yet continue with speculation for both RVW and Holt. If form is anything to go by you will continue to post this until it is regarded as fact by some.

The McNally comment with regard to RVW being the clubs most expensive player I would suggest relates to his fee of £8.5 million and not over £2 million in wages a year.

My opinion on RVW''s weekly wage is irrelevant as we will never know so speculation achieves didderly squat.

I wouldn''t judge any of our strikers capabilities on their performances under Hughton.

I have not been closely following RVW progress since he went on loan, from what purple has said it sounds like he has not made the starting eleven regularly, if that''s the case then it''s a better reflection on his ability.

The answer would therefore be no.

I don''t thnk he has the desire that AN likes - but the whole team appears more hungry and harder working now.

I''m not convinced AN would want another striker anyway. I get the feeling he is happy with a smaller group, regularly playing. I think he likes versatility so he can cover from the smaller group, keeping the squad happy and united.

The ghost of Michael Theoklitos wrote the following post at 08/03/2015 11:34 AM:

Yellow Wall wrote:

Whereas I don''t think there is any way back for RvW with us we must also remember other strikers who played in Hughton teams and not judge too quickly. After his displays for us, is there any way back for Harry Kane?

Harry Kane started one game for us, and came off the bench twice. He then got injured. If you can accurately forecast a players long term ability after about 120mins of football, you need to join Ton Cavendish and his scouting team.

Using the same theory - RVW got himself about quite well in his first game, and scored with a fantastic header. So, he''s amazing right? All competitions / clubs, RVW has scored 9 goals since that goal. Bradley Johnson has scored 13 from midfield in the same time period.

I was not one of the many on here (and there were quite a few) who condemned Harry Kane and I will still not totally write off RvW.

Many people, professional scouts, are far better qualified than you or I to see potential. They obviously saw something in RvW that neither of us have seen much of yet.

I do not believe that people realise the damage Hughton did any attack minded player that we had and I still wonder how RvW might perform under a different manager.

Incidentally the comparison to Bradley Johnson is interesting. Under Hughton in two seasons I believe he scored just four goals!

There is a huge gulf in class between the prem and the champs, even the top of teh champs. All of last seasons promoted teams are in the relegation spot (not always happen that way)

Could AN get the most out of RvW? Yes, probably more than CH did. Does that mean RvW will become a 20 goal a season player? No. It looks like RvW will return to city next season given recent St Etienne selections; if AN gives him some time in the prem next season I will accept ANs judgement. He is no better/worse than Grabban or Hooper, better than Becchio and probably just behind CamJam (who is equally unprolific in the prem)

Does the volume of goals in this league mean much for the prem? absolutely not. Look at our goals scorers this season, most are having their best season; a level down. most looked average at best in the prem.

If he returns I will give him a chance; if he goes we simply move on.

Nothing about what I saw of RVW for us suggests he''d make it in the Prem.
Nothing about his season with St Etienne has changed my mind on that.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]The ghost of Michael Theoklitos wrote the following post at 08/03/2015 11:34 AM:

Yellow Wall wrote:

Whereas I don''t think there is any way back for RvW with us we must also remember other strikers who played in Hughton teams and not judge too quickly. After his displays for us, is there any way back for Harry Kane?

Harry Kane started one game for us, and came off the bench twice. He then got injured. If you can accurately forecast a players long term ability after about 120mins of football, you need to join Ton Cavendish and his scouting team.

Using the same theory - RVW got himself about quite well in his first game, and scored with a fantastic header. So, he''s amazing right? All competitions / clubs, RVW has scored 9 goals since that goal. Bradley Johnson has scored 13 from midfield in the same time period.

I was not one of the many on here (and there were quite a few) who condemned Harry Kane and I will still not totally write off RvW.

Many people, professional scouts, are far better qualified than you or I to see potential. They obviously saw something in RvW that neither of us have seen much of yet.

I do not believe that people realise the damage Hughton did any attack minded player that we had and I still wonder how RvW might perform under a different manager.

Incidentally the comparison to Bradley Johnson is interesting. Under Hughton in two seasons I believe he scored just four goals![/quote]Which is 3 more than RVW.Both in the season without Hughton?Johnson (Midfielder) 10, RVW (Striker) 9.

Not sure a one trick pony like RvW has a place in the modern British game. He lacks an all round game and the strength to put himself about effectively, so if he isn''t scoring then he isn''t contributing.

A very very expensive Jamie Cureton, essentially.

I would get shot of him and reinvest in someone who can hold it up and play in other people. Frankly, Aaron Wilbraham was more effective for us than RvW.

The Wolf was a victim of careful Chris''s awful tactics. A decent manager like the Messiah could get the best out of him. He also has a very very fit WAG

AN will make RVW a premier league player by selling him to Man Utd! They will pay top dollar.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]RVW is still our player and he may be back at the end of the season. Could AN do a job on him?[/quote]

To be honest, I don''t know Big Smile [:D]

To be really honest I''ve learned RVW is suffering from Aspergers - so that maybe a task the clubs sports scientist can undertake.

We can''t waste time giving RVW more minutes in the prem . We trust maybe our two best performers from this season and a new signing up front.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Dave"]Probably could - but I think his exit is as agreed and I think hes done enough for St.e to take it up[/quote]I would be astonished if St-Etienne took up the option to buy van Wolfswinkel, who was an unused sub in their last league game, as agreed. They might want him permanently, but not as agreed.[/quote]To answer the argument, which might have some validity, that Hughton knocked the confidence out of van Wolfswinkel, the facts are that he scored one goal for St-Etienne in September and then had a purple patch in November and December when he scored four. If he had been lacking in confidence then that splurge of goals presumably solved the problem.But since then he hasn''t scored once (I am ignoring the three goals in the Coupe de France because they were all against lower-league opposition). He has gone goalless in his last seven Ligue Un games, playing about 450 minutes of football. And now has been an unused sub for St-Etienne''s last two league games.

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]All strikers have a purple patch and then dip. I hope he finds his scoring boots soon both for his career and our bank balance![/quote]If your messiah hadn''t flounced off in a hissy fit Waveney, we''d have probably had Benteke and therefore, there would have been no need for RWV. [:''(]

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]I have a new Messiah Lapps.[/quote]You''ve got McNally to thank for that..........and Delia. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Hopeful Canary"]I have a new Messiah Lapps.[/quote]

You''ve got McNally to thank for that..........and Delia. [:D]
[/quote]

Now you are going to far!

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]I have a new Messiah Lapps.[/quote]There can only be one Messiah Waveney, if you want another one you have to change religion.......Just as you did when you converted to Villa-ism. [:D]