Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

Away Supporters Dinner

Hi all,

Not posted for a while but was just wondering if anyone has any experience about how difficult it is to secure a ticket for the away supporters dinner?

I got the letter yesterday and intend to ring up tomorrow to get a ticket but i''m not sure how many are likely to be available.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If you''ve got an invite then you''ll get a ticket.

[/quote]I thought that would be the case but there''s a line in the letter about tickets being allocated on a first come first served basis. Guess i''ll just ring up at 9am to be certain.

I''d ring up then S10. When I''ve been in the past the invite meant you got a ticket. But back then it came from Delia who paid for the shindig herself.

You''ll enjoy it whatever and I''m glad the club still do this thank you for the loyal away supporters.

Well I called this morning and managed to get my ticket without any hassle. Really looking forward to it!

I''ll be travelling down from Sheff on my tod so will hopefully get to chat to some folks in there.

My understanding is that this is by invitation to supporters who travel to at least 50% of away games (as well as home games) and is different to events usually put on for supporter groups.

I have an invitation and looking forward to attending. I asked the basis of selection and told it was random,said I could bring a guest and have a ticket for my mate who travels away with me but did not have an invite.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I''ve only been to six away games this season and I got an invite.[/quote]Crikey, they''ll let anyone in these days....... [;)]

[quote user="Felixfan"]I have an invitation and looking forward to attending. I asked the basis of selection and told it was random,said I could bring a guest and have a ticket for my mate who travels away with me but did not have an invite.[/quote]

I didn''t realise I could bring a guest! Did they mention that or did you ask if you could bring someone? I''ll ring up again tomorrow and ask if it''s too late to get a guest place.

So far this season i''ve been to 8 away but more last season.

[quote user="S10 Canary"][quote user="Felixfan"]I have an invitation and looking forward to attending. I asked the basis of selection and told it was random,said I could bring a guest and have a ticket for my mate who travels away with me but did not have an invite.[/quote]

I didn''t realise I could bring a guest! Did they mention that or did you ask if you could bring someone? I''ll ring up again tomorrow and ask if it''s too late to get a guest place.

They asked me if I wanted to bring someone.

So far this season i''ve been to 8 away but more last season.[/quote]

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Presumably this event is for away match season ticket holders?[/quote]

No Crafty as I got an invite.

Would be good to meet some of the faithful during the evening. Perhaps the Pinkun posters should wear a flat cap or something so we recognise each other

I received an email reply this morning stating that it isn''t possible to bring guests to the event. Highly odd. Has anyone else been asked if they want to bring a guest?

Just spoken to the ticket office and they''re adamant nobody is being offered a guest place. Looks like i''ll be on my own but it''ll be good to hopefully chat to some Pink''Un posters in there.

I was surprised when they asked me. Not sure if it makes a difference but ny guest is a seasons ticket holder with an away track record.