Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Why no Becchio?

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]If the OP attended the occasional U21 game or open training session there is a reason why successive managers have never picked him. But as he doesnt go to games he wont know the answer[/quote]
[img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/011/5/b/don__t_feed_the_troll___by_blag001-d5r7e47.png[/img]

Personally, I just don''t see the need for Becchio. It''s Grabban''s pace and running that we''ll miss more than his goals.

So the question should really be Why Becchio?

In terms of goal scorers we have, Jerome, Hooper, Jonno. Andreu was the leading scorer in the SPL.

Wes & Howson, both also have a goal in them. As does Dorrans.

In terms of options for pace, we have, Redderz, Murphy, Loza & Morris.

Olsson''s pace could be used further forward, with Garrido slotting in at left back.

[quote user="Ginja"]He can score goals at this level, I know he''s been out in the cold for some time now but Bassong shows that it''s possible to come back.
I know we have the likes of Murphy and Morris, but it''s a big gamble to rely on them as backup, I''d personally rather have someone I know can score goals for us.
[/quote]

Perhaps because he''s fatter and slower than a Larkman''s benefit slag?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

I think there''s no coincidence that none of our managers have picked him and preferred others.

[/quote]

I think is pertinent.

Is his attitude wrong because he is at least proven and shown ability which neither morris or loza have, at any pro level.

[/quote]I think it''s worth adding to that Mike Phelan. A Champions League winning coach - also clearly didn''t advocate on Becchio''s behalf. It has also been a while since he has tried to kick up a stink about playing.We must have really wanted rid of Morrison sharpish to have taken Becchio as part payment and not played him. I feel more sorry for him about last season than I do this one. He could have been no worse than Elmander or RVW really. He should have had a shot at it. But this season - we have our most successful striker from last season in Hooper, plus Grabban and Jerome.And to be perfectly honest. If we are talking about a bench role, then I think AN is right to try and blood Murphy/Morris. No point having ''promising'' youngsters if they are never tested out at a senior level on a more regular basis.Are they going to become the next Eadie, Bellamy or Shackell or the next Ryan Jarvis, Adrian Coote etc in getting many strong plaudits but never really having much of an oppertunity to develop at a high level?

Thinking about it a bit more, it''s a bit odd that no one has really looked at him for a loan since Rotherham, who in January were banging on about trying to take him back. Well, clearly, they can''t have tried that hard, we had four senior strikers ahead of him at that point, and as it would turn out, possibly Morris and Loza as well. I can''t think it would have been hard to get him on loan again.

[quote user="Sir Blobfish"]Agree with TC that it can''t be a coincidence Becchio has been overlooked by three different managers. Alex Neil admitted he was down the pecking order but with Grabban out, who do we turn to? Jerome is a clear pick, Hooper waxes and wanes, then it''s the academy boys. For a team hunting automatic promotion at a critical stage of the season, I''d say bring back Lafferty if possible and play him as a centre forward. Always been a fan of trying our highly rated youngsters but we can''t afford to experiment now. If Becchio is fit and Neil believes he has the right attitude, then play him. There''s no doubt we saw glimpses of what he can do but, for whatever reason, there must be some concerns.[/quote]Obviously don''t know the lad but from what I''ve seen of Becchio in brief cameo appearances in the cup and our managers unwillingness to put him in the side I would suggest he really doesn''t have the right attitude. Our new manager appears to favour athletic, hardworking, battling strikers who''ll chase every loose ball, and that, unfortunately for Luciano, really doesn''t describe him.