Sign in to follow this  
?

This game we love is becoming a farce!

Just watched Ibrohimavic get sent off for PSG for a fifty/fifty challenge with Oscar. The Chelsea players went mental putting pressure on the Ref to send him off whereas looking at it on slowmo Oscar committed the foul and nothing more.

We saw Foresterie(sp) get Sako sent off this w/e through cheating!

This game has become so corrupt you watch it seemingly to see who can con the ref the best!

We need to bring in video refs asap, I really think that whilst it won''t cut out all cheating it will help!

OTBC

"This game we love is becoming a farce!"

The problem is that it''s been a farce for years.  Ever since Sky bought into it, the diving and cheating becoming ever more prevalent, the pathetic attempts at countering it by the authorities, exampled by calling the linesmen " assistant referees" when in fact they do very little more than they ever did.  The offside rule being a joke and practically unenforceable accuratetely because it needs a linesman to be able to look in two places at once for when a ball is released and the player it is going to - and also be aware of what every other player is doing in terms of involvement in the action.  The obscene money that has come into the game has made the premiership a place of strangled clubs, terrified of losing the status and loss of money, instead of being able to celebrate playing at the highest level with joy and freedom of exp[ression.   Farce is the right word, but it''s been a farce since 1992. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Farce is the right word, but it''s been a farce since 1992.[/quote]And yet there are still those who say they would happily pay good money to stream it (legally of course). [:$]

The authorities, who have contributed massively towards creating the farce, now have a golden opportunity to set out their stall by using video evidence to ban Fernando Forestieri for a long time for his shameful gamesmanship agianst Wolves'' Bakary Sako..

I would suggest at least seven matches.

Perhaps that would go a long way towards stopping others doing the same.

A phrase often used on MOTD that I have heard is "He had every right to go down" even though a player only suffered minimal contact.

Perhaps players should be penalised for falling over unnecessarily, whether they are fouled or not. Referees would then, of course, have to do something they rarely do, which is to give fouls and penalties to players who do not fall over (Stewart Downing earlier this season).

Perhaps then players would not feel the need to act the way they do at the moment.

What a great result and justice done.

I love the way the cheating feckers run around with a Respect logo on their sleeve.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]The authorities, who have contributed massively towards creating the farce, now have a golden opportunity to set out their stall by using video evidence to ban Fernando Forestieri for a long time for his shameful gamesmanship agianst Wolves'' Bakary Sako..

A phrase often used on MOTD that I have heard is "He had every right to go down" even though a player only suffered minimal contact.

Perhaps players should be penalised for falling over unnecessarily, whether they are fouled or not. Referees would then, of course, have to do something they rarely do, which is to give fouls and penalties to players who do not fall over (Stewart Downing earlier this season).

Perhaps then players would not feel the need to act the way they do at the moment.[/quote]Forestieri cannot be retrospectively punished. The referee saw the incident and took action at the time. The most that can happen is that Sako''s red card is rescinded.Similarly in last night''s incident. Ibrahimovich''s red card can and should be rescinded on appeal, but that''s all that can happen. The most pleasing thing about last night was seeing Mourinho get what his pre-match mind games deserved. He was clearly worried by being outplayed by PSG in the first leg. His criticism (about a team of such talent resorting to aggression rather than playing football) completely back-fired on him; that is exactly how his own team "played" last night. PSG thoroughly deserved the win. If Mourinho isn''t careful Abramovich will get rid a second time.

westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 12/03/2015 8:14 AM:

Yellow Wall wrote:

The authorities, who have contributed massively towards creating the farce, now have a golden opportunity to set out their stall by using video evidence to ban Fernando Forestieri for a long time for his shameful gamesmanship agianst Wolves'' Bakary Sako.. I would suggest at least seven matches. Perhaps that would go a long way towards stopping others doing the same. A phrase often used on MOTD that I have heard is "He had every right to go down" even though a player only suffered minimal contact. Perhaps players should be penalised for falling over unnecessarily, whether they are fouled or not. Referees would then, of course, have to do something they rarely do, which is to give fouls and penalties to players who do not fall over (Stewart Downing earlier this season). Perhaps then players would not feel the need to act the way they do at the moment.

Forestieri cannot be retrospectively punished. The referee saw the incident and took action at the time. The most that can happen is that Sako''s red card is rescinded.

Similarly in last night''s incident. Ibrahimovich''s red card can and should be rescinded on appeal, but that''s all that can happen.

The most pleasing thing about last night was seeing Mourinho get what his pre-match mind games deserved. He was clearly worried by being outplayed by PSG in the first leg. His criticism (about a team of such talent resorting to aggression rather than playing football) completely back-fired on him; that is exactly how his own team "played" last night. PSG thoroughly deserved the win. If Mourinho isn''t careful Abramovich will get rid a second time.

I fully understand that the referee saw the incident regarding Forestieri and made his decision, but his decision was against Sako. I do not believe that any punishment was handed to Forestieri as the referee did not see the ''offence'' (is play acting and falling over an offence?). As no action has been taken against Forestieri does that not mean that it can?

If, in fact, under the present system no action can be taken then, quite simply, a change is needed.

Too many times I have seen and come up against the phrase ''bringing the game into disrepute''. Is this not one of the worst cases of ''bringing the game into disrepute''?

Yellow Wall wrote: "I fully understand that the referee saw the incident regarding

Forestieri and made his decision, but his decision was against Sako. I

do not believe that any punishment was handed to Forestieri as the

referee did not see the ''offence'' (is play acting and falling over an

offence?). As no action has been taken against Forestieri does that not

mean that it can?"I think the answer is "No". It''s not a question of whether any action was taken against Forestieri. The referee took action against Sako on the basis of his assessment of the entire incident, including Forestieri''s part in it. He, the ref, got it wrong, but a wrong decision is treated differently from an incident which the referee failed to see.I agree that the rules need to change.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]The authorities, who have contributed massively towards creating the farce, now have a golden opportunity to set out their stall by using video evidence to ban Fernando Forestieri for a long time for his shameful gamesmanship agianst Wolves'' Bakary Sako..

Perhaps then players would not feel the need to act the way they do at the moment.[/quote]Forestieri cannot be retrospectively punished. The referee saw the incident and took action at the time. The most that can happen is that Sako''s red card is rescinded.Similarly in last night''s incident. Ibrahimovich''s red card can and should be rescinded on appeal, but that''s all that can happen. The most pleasing thing about last night was seeing Mourinho get what his pre-match mind games deserved. He was clearly worried by being outplayed by PSG in the first leg. His criticism (about a team of such talent resorting to aggression rather than playing football) completely back-fired on him; that is exactly how his own team "played" last night. PSG thoroughly deserved the win. If Mourinho isn''t careful Abramovich will get rid a second time.[/quote]for me, last night was the first time we''ve witnessed Mouringho get "found out",, mind games wont work on Laurent Blanc, he knew exactly what makes Chelski and mourinho tick and how to exploit it... when Jose realised the mind games weren''t going to work he ran out of ideas... it was league 2 standard last night.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"] for me, last night was the first

time we''ve witnessed Mouringho get "found out",, mind games wont work on

Laurent Blanc, he knew exactly what makes Chelski and mourinho tick and

how to exploit it... when Jose realised the mind games weren''t going to

work he ran out of ideas... it was league 2 standard last

night.[/quote]In a word "hubris"! Mourinho says his team weren''t mentally strong enough but as I see it he psyched them out himself with his pre-match comments.

I think there is a huge lesson for any manager to see how to play when you are reduced to 10 men

I would love to see a camera''s view of the whole game, showing the whole pitch, and see how PSG moved around the park, to stop Chelsea playing. At times, they looked like they had 12 men on the pitch, such was their fitness, organisation and tactics. When Chelsea had the ball, PSG had numbers around them, closing down options, and if the ball was moved away, they still had the nous to recover, and re-organise.

Any backchat from players to the referee in rugby gets a yellow card, so it''s eminently possible to stop it. Doesn''t do anything for the amateur dramatics when fouled though.