Sign in to follow this  
CharlieLarsson

First time at Carrow Road

Hey everyone,

Me and my dad are planning on going to Carrow Road for the first time for the home game against Nottingham.

We''re traveling from Sweden so I was hoping some of you could help me.

We''ve been to some away games before. The final game against Fulham 2005 and the FA-cup match against Chelsea 2007. Memorable games for the wrong reasons!

Now it''s time for the real thing. A home game!

What section would you recommend that we buy tickets for?

Any other suggestions for a first time visitor to Carrow Road?

Thanks in advance.

If you''re not a member then I would suggest getting in touch with the club now, as it''s a long way to come and not have tickets. Chances are you will have to wait for tickets to go on general sale in which case you won''t have much choice of where to sit. Just book two seats together as soon as you can. Good luck !

In terms of standing, atmosphere, and ok view I would recommend trying to get tickets in E Block in the Barclay. Had many a great times in E block as you;re also next to the away fans so can join in some good natured correspondence ;-)

If you''re more interested in having a great view then I would recommend half way up either M or N block in the Jarrold. Tend to sit there for cup games rather than my season ticket seat in The Barclay as it''s nice to have a great view every now and again.

As Fenway says, it may be worth getting in touch with the club and seeing if they can do anything.

Thanks for the quick responses. I will definitely try to get the tickets as soon as possible. We will buy match tickets before we buy plane tickets, that''s for sure.

Worst case we''ll just postpone the trip to a later game.

Actually it seems to be basically all sold out, no 2 seats together on any section. Guess we''ll have to wait.

I assume you''ve just looked at the online ticketing?As others have said, get in touch with the club and explain your situation. They can sometimes ''find'' some seats for long-distance fans. [;)]

Suggest keep an eye open on here, as occasionally, people have tickets available and offer them on here when they realise they can''t get to a match, sometimes two seats together.  Good luck.

Hi from a fellow long distance fan. As for contacting the club I tried that on previous occasions, it did not work, expect no favours, in my experience they sell tickets on a first come first serve basis.

As for seats, my favourite is sector J of Jarrolds. Good view, but for less than the top-priced seats and near the visiting fans (against Millwall it was so much fun to watch them heading home at 4-0).

Lots of luck!

If you''re quick:

2 seats close together in Norwich & Peterborough lower stand, Area PL seat M0001 and L0002.

Sat there Wednesday you''re one behind each other and not a bad view.

I bought a ticket for that match, my 2nd trip to Carrow Road. Worse case scenario you buy 2 singles near each other and ask people to swap. Risky, but from reading comments here I think you can get 2 seats together.

Hi Charlie,

Might be worth having a word with Danny Casey who''s in charge of the ticket office amongst other things and explaining that you''re coming over for the game from Sweden, he might be able to help you.

Yellows at the stadium is a nice place to enjoy lunch( you need to book), they do a scrummy yellows burger if you like them or loads of other tasty food. There are several pubs in walking distance of the ground, near the train station is the Nelson and the Coach & Horses which are popular home pubs or 5 mins walk from the station you have the riverside complex full of bars and restaurants.

Enjoy your visit

Hope that helps

Diane

[quote user="CharlieLarsson"]Hey everyone,

Me and my dad are planning on going to Carrow Road for the first time for the home game against Nottingham.

We''re traveling from Sweden.[/quote]Did you guys get tickets in the end?

There''s tickets in the Jarrold block H, or there were at 5pm - perhaps Forest have returned some? - I swapped my Upper Barclay ticket over so I could take one of my lads. Good luck if you still need some!

You may also consider a hospitality ticket if nothing else is available. Quite expensive but includes a 3 course meal, half-time lounge access and a seat in the upper Aviva Community Stand. You have to purchase through the hospitality department rather than the ticket office. My wife and I did it once a couple of seasons ago for West Ham.

theres a hotel tacked onto the ground.. doubt they have had a customer in months so will probably be happy to give you a pitch side room!

I''m going to Carrow Road for the first time against Nottingham Forrest as well but unfortunately I think me and dad got the last two tickets next to each other. (Sorry) I used to go to Norwich all the time with Dad when I was younger but I was never into my football back then and haven''t been since I was about 12.

We are sitting in the Jarod Wensum Stand G8 and 9 And are planning to go to the waffle house, the castle, the mall and probably try and find a couple or record shops before or after the game.

It''ll be Dads first trip to Carrow Road since the early 70s so it should take him back a bit! Both the games we''ve been to this season have been cracking comebacks (Cardiff away and Bournemouth away) so I''m thinkin we are going to see another. 3-1 City. COYY!

Any other suggestions on what to or how our seats are would be appreciated.