Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Norwich 4 Middlesborough 4

I believe the last time Steve McClaren brought a team to Carrow Road, this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3tcacE2ZBI

One of the craziest games I''ve been to, it was bedlam when Drury got the equaliser.

The commentary is like the Brentford game from earlier in the season. Priceless.

remember it well!!!I remember during the game, just after going 4-1 up, Schteve took a center back off and bought a striker on.. for the life of me I still haven''t fathomed out why... it led to them losing shape and us getting a point

I enjoyed the ''Boro commentary as well, although it would be nice to find the Radio Norfolk version. Not sure it could ever measure up to the commentary on the match against Derby though!

Lessingham, I believe Francis scored a few goals that season, and looked one of our better players for the most part. That said his no-show against Fulham on the final day does stick in the mind somewhat.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Damien Francis, I had forgot about him, (other than he had a stunning girlfriend) with a rare goal[/quote]

I always thought he was a somewhat regular scorer for us! For a CM anyway. And wasn''t he joint top scorer that season? I could be well wrong, but I thought him, Ashton, Hucks and McKenzie all scored 7.

But that game, Adam Drury scoring that goal was so amazing. Still one of my favourite moments in football.

Amazing, patches you are probably correct, I don''t recall him as a prolific scorer, but a very solid player though.

That day in Fulham he didn''t look interested along with 9 or 10 others, funny how in one thread we can recall one of the great matches and one of the worst (Boro home, Fulham away) that''s football, well for NCFC fans anyway.

I wonder if anyone will admit to leaving early, because there were plenty of yellow seats on show before we equalised.  Those of us who stayed were well rewarded, can''t believe it was so long ago!

Memories! it''s hard to compare to back then but we have such a strong squad now. To not go up would be criminal!