Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Norwich & derby after Jordan Rhodes on loan

Yes just read on Newsnow. Wonder where his Ipswich connections would deter him? Or whether he sees Derby as simply bringing in loads of loanees? Think he could be the push we might need for Grabban being out. And apparently this deal will go through before the weekend.

Why would Blackburn loan out Rhodes when they''ve got a cup replay against Liverpool coming up?In any event we don''t need him.

[quote user="ricardo"]Why would Blackburn loan out Rhodes when they''ve got a cup replay against Liverpool coming up?In any event we don''t need him.[/quote]I''m not sure you would be saying that if Jerome or Hooper were to get injured against Derby, and Grabban''s recoverywas to take longer than expected......

[quote user="ricardo"]Why would Blackburn loan out Rhodes when they''ve got a cup replay against Liverpool coming up?In any event we don''t need him.[/quote]

Whilst I agree we don''t need him, Hooper an Jerome are both better, I wouldn''t want to see Derby strengthened. So it might be sensible to sign him.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="ricardo"]Why would Blackburn loan out Rhodes when they''ve got a cup replay against Liverpool coming up?In any event we don''t need him.[/quote]

Whilst I agree we don''t need him, Hooper an Jerome are both better, I wouldn''t want to see Derby strengthened. So it might be sensible to sign him.[/quote]I''m not sure if I agree with that - so long as it doesn''t happen in time for when we play Derby this weekend.If we beat them this weekend, a stronger Derby may be useful, given that we''d be ahead of them, and they have to play most other top teams in their run in.

As Blackburn are going to finish safely in midtable I imagine they see an opportunity to let someone else share a chunk of paying Rhodes'' massive wage packet for the remainder of the season.

I''d be worried exactly what Rhodes could bring to the table, by keeping his match sharpness up. He would be useless in training, as our defenders wouldn''t give him a sniff, after all, that''s what''s happened both times this season. He''s been subbed off both times

AN said he was (possibly) looking for a loan replacement for Grabban, this would be more than adequate.

If this is true, I''d expect Rhodes to choose Derby, simply because he''ll play more games with Bent and Martin out. However, on the other hand he could sense that we''re the form team.

But according to reports they want you to sign him for 12million after the loan…not sure I would want to pay that for him.

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]He is an ex binner he is completely unacceptable[/quote]Too right Waveney, we don''t need shop-soiled or damaged goods.

That''s a pretty feeble attitude - I''d much prefer the lad to be playing for us than against, any day of the week, and that is all I need to know. If we can get him and he''d come it is a no brainer as we are light on experienced cover.

Don''t know why people don''t rate him.

He''s an absolute goal machine in this league and that''s proven.

He would make a great 3rd choice striker behind hooper and jerome.

[quote user="alartz"]Don''t know why people don''t rate him.

He''s an absolute goal machine in this league and that''s proven.

He would make a great 3rd choice striker behind hooper and jerome.[/quote]Averages better than a goal every two games. Unproven at the top level, so even if we do go up I don''t think he''d be worth a £10m+ gamble, but for the next couple of months he would be a fantastic acquisition. Would be absolutely delighted if we could get him, and forget the Ipswich link. He only played a handful of games for them, it''s not like he has binner blood running through his veins.

I can''t see Blackburn letting him go unless the club he is loaned to agree to pay the reported £10 or £12m, think Blackburn would rather keep Gestede and unload the expensive Rhodes.

The Blackburn manager is under pressure letting their top player go on loan whilst still in a challenging play off position will not please the fans. And Venky''s do not need any more bad feeling.

Rhodes not first choice currently Gested favoured but still potent and with a cup replay on the horizon letting Rhodes go seems unlikely.

Blackburn will not recover the £8m paid for Rhodes unless a Premiership club are threatened with relegation clubs go for cheaper foreign options e.g Leicester and Hull. Didn''t happen this season it may never happen.

Nottingham forest favourites now, willing to pay £8 million after loan, they want him for there promotion push also Rhodes wages are 40,000 a week

I can''t see Forest getting in to the playoffs at all, Rhodes or not. Too much to do over 10 games, and expecting all three of Brentford, Binners and Watford to crash? Nah, too late for them, therefore a waste of their money

As a replacement for Grabban?

He is a better finisher than Grabban and a better header of the ball.

But ........ he does not have the pace, the movement, the ability to bring other players into the game or the ability to lead the line and put opposition defences under pressure anywhere near the same as Grabban.

The two players are so unalike. The only thing they have in common is that they both play up front.

So it would mean a change in tactics to accommodate a player that no Premiership club has shown much interest in.

If we are to get a temporary player in to cover Grabban''s absence we need to get a similar player in.

Rhodes ....... no thanks.

Maybe we are just trying to stop derby haning him. Wouldn''t be the worst idea.

I''m not sure we absolutely need him but he''s a top quality player at this level so I''d happily take him.

[quote user="pete"]I can''t see Blackburn letting him go unless the club he is loaned to agree to pay the reported £10 or £12m, think Blackburn would rather keep Gestede and unload the expensive Rhodes.

The Blackburn manager is under pressure letting their top player go on loan whilst still in a challenging play off position will not please the fans. And Venky''s do not need any more bad feeling.

Rhodes not first choice currently Gested favoured but still potent and with a cup replay on the horizon letting Rhodes go seems unlikely.

Blackburn will not recover the £8m paid for Rhodes unless a Premiership club are threatened with relegation clubs go for cheaper foreign options e.g Leicester and Hull. Didn''t happen this season it may never happen.[/quote]I think that is a bit more than wishful thinking. Blackburn are 11th on 48 points. They are 14 points and five teams off a play off spot. In fact they are 13 points off 7th. Ten games left now. They are an extremely unlikely outside chance. You are asking all of those five teams above them to lose half of their games at least - just for Blackburn to over take them.It would take a massive twist in form for that to happen.Nottingham Forrest are 9 points off which is better, but still unlikely if you ask me, again, they would be looking at everyone from Brentford down to them losing three more games than them in the last ten.I think reality is that Wolves and the scum are the only two teams outside of the play-offs at the moment who stand a chance of finishing in one of those positions. Wolves are on 58points and 4points adrift of 6th.Stranger things have happened mind you, but I think both Forrest and Blackburn can realistically rule themselves out of this seasons play off''s - barring a huge miracle of Moses parting waves proportions.

Forrest have emerged as favourites to sign Rhodes now,(on news now) are offering to pay a huge slice of his 40k per week wages, and here''s the real twist will pay £8m if they get to PL this season, which I cant see, but will back their manager for around 250k to bring in a replacement for the injured Assambolonga and then let him return to Rovers in the summer,.......... more chance of Wroxham signing him on a permanent basis than Forrest, IMO

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Forrest have emerged as favourites to sign Rhodes now,(on news now) are offering to pay a huge slice of his 40k per week wages, and here''s the real twist will pay £8m if they get to PL this season, which I cant see, but will back their manager for around 250k to bring in a replacement for the injured Assambolonga and then let him return to Rovers in the summer,.......... more chance of Wroxham signing him on a permanent basis than Forrest, IMO[/quote]

Wroxham are the new favourites to sign Jordan Rhodes.

Sources have revealed that there is a greater "chance" that the Blackburn striker will sign "on a permanent basis" after the motives from the rivals for the players signature where questioned. Neither club were available for comment but reports say there''s a ''real twist'' in the transfer dealings.