Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

7 - 3 - 2

7 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats gives us 86 points; two more than we earned when 2nd under Lambert.

86 points could well be enough for 2nd place this time.

So, while we need to win every game, especially because doing so gives us increasing breathing space - ahead of Easter and the forthcoming relegation and play-off scraps - a bad result here and there is something we can take - provided we bounce back.

Form teams in the top six get around 21 to 22 points per 10games. If we look at it this way it seems a little more challenging and tells me we have to beat Boro and Derby as part of our 7 wins. That said, the bottom line is we must avoid losing to them because they''ve got more head to heads than we have and will drop points elsewhere.

This is why we have to beat the likes of Wigan (and I''ve got my ticket) because it keeps us right in there while March sees the rest take points off each other.

Beat Wigan and we need 6 wins out of 11 and if we can''t do that we will have slumped and got what we deserve. At this moment in time it is difficult to see that happening.

I think the Derby and Boro matches are pretty pivotal. If we lose them then I think we would need to literally win every other game. If we win both of them, we might get away with only winning 4 or 5 other matches with a couple of draws thrown in.

I can only agree with the sentiments posted on this thread if they are supported by 10,00 word epilogues stating statistic after statistic going back to the stone age from Chicken & Purple

Sorry

Sorry mean 10.000 not 1,000

Chicken & Puple never post a thread less than 5,000 words - silly me

I think as long as we don''t lose to Boro and Derby we stand a great chance. if we beat both the league title should be ours!

We just need to treat game with the highest importance. It''s easy to get carried away but the momentum is definitely on the up. Some good displays and results over the next two games are a must!

We are on course for autos. We can''t take anything for granted but we have been since the end of November. I''ve pointed this out before only to be told I''m "cherry picking" results and why not look at November or even October''s form. Anyway, since the end of November we''ve taken 35 points from 20 games. That''s an average of 2.33 points per game. 2.33 points over the next 12 games will see us finish on 90 points.

More of the same please Norwich....

Always remember this is the Championship in which a bottom club at the end of the season is very likely to beat a top club, just prey it doesn''t happen to us.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We are on course for autos. We can''t take anything for granted but we have been since the end of November. I''ve pointed this out before only to be told I''m "cherry picking" results and why not look at November or even October''s form. Anyway, since the end of November we''ve taken 35 points from 20 games. That''s an average of 2.33 points per game. 2.33 points over the next 12 games will see us finish on 90 points.

More of the same please Norwich....

[/quote]I think your maths are a bit off there NN.  35 from 20 averages 1.75 a game, something we''d need to keep improving to ensure we topped the table.

We have had our poor results against the lesser lights at home earlier. By sticking to AN''s beliefs and tactics can see City avoiding any banana skins.

My maths was fine Star. Its just my words that were a bit off. Of course we''ve only played 15games since the end of November from which we''ve picked up 35 points.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]My maths was fine Star. Its just my words that were a bit off. Of course we''ve only played 15games since the end of November from which we''ve picked up 35 points.[/quote][Y]

There will be an unexpectedly poor result for us at some stage but no worries because it will happen to everybody else as well.The key games are Derby and Boro.I still think we will win this league.

I''ll stretch AN''s focus from the next game to the next 2.

If we''re getting automatic, we must not fail to win both those games.

2 wins puts us on 68 points

6 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats (not Boro or Derby) gives us 88 which should be good enough

I fancy 7 wins, 2 draws 1 defeat though and 91 points

I''m happy to predict that neither Boro or Derby will achieve automatic promotion.

I think it will be us plus either Watford or Bournemouth - probably Watford.

Bournemouth are winless in their last five games. They are likely to miss out on the playoffs unless they turn it around soon.

Remaining games v''s the current top 8 teams.

Derby (65)

Norwich (A), Middlesbrough (H), Wolves (A), Watford (H), Brentford (H)

Middlesbrough (63)

Ipswich (H), Derby (A), Bournemouth (A), Watford (A) Wolves (H), Norwich (A)

Norwich (62)

Derby (H), Middlesbrough (H),

Watford (62):

Wolves (A), Ipswich (H), Derby (A), Middlesbrough (H)

Bournemouth (60)

Wolves (H), Middlesbrough (H), Ipswich (A)

Ipswich (60)

Brentford (H), Middlesbrough (A), Watford (A), Bournemouth (H), Wolves (A)

Brentford (58)

Ipswich (A), Derby (A)

Wolves (57)

Bournemouth (A), Watford (H), Derby (H), Middlesbrough (A), Ipswich (H)

Based on those, IMO Norwich are favorites for the title and Bournemouth will make the playoffs...

Norwich

Watford

Derby

Bournemouth

Middlesbrough

Brentford

Wolves

Ipswich

6 - 3 - 1 ?

We wasted one of our possible losses against bloody Wigan.

21 points needed imho.

Derby is a big game on many levels - not least because of who they play thereafter. They would be falling and desperate and liable to deny points to rivals.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]6 - 3 - 1 ?

We wasted one of our possible losses against bloody Wigan.

21 points needed imho.

Derby is a big game on many levels - not least because of who they play thereafter. They would be falling and desperate and liable to deny points to rivals.[/quote]

If we are going to lose then better to lose to a bottom side than donate points to a promotion rival.

Results today put us on the shoulder of the leaders as we come round the final bend and our goal difference is worth an extra point as a caller on Canary Call correctly pointed out.

Wins against Derby and Boro, both of whom are faltering will see us as champions, I predict.

Rudolph. I have done my own bit of maths for the last 10 and I reckon your 6.3.1 reckoning is right. I think we can get 20 (2 points.a game) but in a 5 win 5 draw scenario. And I also think Derby and Bournemouth are the two teams to worry about. Now then, which 5 or 6 teams might we get our wins against? For me Derby, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed, Rotherham and Fulham. Of course it''s all ''educated'' guesswork!

21 points and a superior goal difference will do it (86 points) I think. AN will say he has no targets, just the next game.....

No easy games. Forest are rolling, and both Leeds and Bolton will be playing with nothing at stake - sometimes teams then play with freedom and love to spoil the party.

It will be difficult - need to keep focusing on the next game as AN said when he arrived.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][

Wins against Derby and Boro, both of whom are faltering will see us as champions, I predict.[/quote]By how many points is now the question.

I am unsure that it''s a case of how many points. I would not be surprised at all if there are More than 3 points between the top 3 by the last game of the season. I like the optimism but not sure it''s realistic. I hope I''m proved wrong. Derby and Bournemouth will be our biggest rivals. Boro will struggle more in my view. As for Watford they keep confounding me.

Still believe we need to win 6 of 9 left for the automatics. 5 wins and 4 draws might sneak in. Think this Rudolph thread needed bumping. We can get the 1st of our wins this Tuesday because today was a small travesty. We didn''t get what we deserved.

6 wins could be a challenge though. I reckon we need 2 of those wins in the next 2 games to get on track. Huddersfield and Forest.

Otbc

[quote user="sonyc"]Still believe we need to win 6 of 9 left for the automatics. 5 wins and 4 draws might sneak in. Think this Rudolph thread needed bumping.[/quote]It''s looking similar to the [url=http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/match/index.html?season=2001%2F02;team=326]2001-02 season[/url], except we''re in a better starting position and aiming for the autos instead of the playoffs.