Sign in to follow this  
daly

Redmond and Hooper Managers mistake

Manager showed his inexperience today with the team selection. Why Hooper and Redmond were not brought on after 60 minutes was a big mistake.

No way are we going to go into the automatic promotion positions

|As for the Premiership a lot of money will have to be spent to improve this team should and its a BIG should we make it

80 minutes before Lee Grant had to make a save

[quote user="morty"]Who do you manage?[/quote]

His mothers early photographs of when she was a girl, I reckon.

Morty. He may not be a manager but his assessment is spot on. Derby were nothing special when we played them away and today they were a severely weakened team. Hooper should have been on from the start we had too many players cluttering up the midfield. Because of this both Howson and Johnson could not find any space. Redmond has not been at his best recently but he should have been brought on at the hour mark to provide some much needed width. This was not a risk because Derby posed little threat up front.

[quote user="vos"]Morty. He may not be a manager but his assessment is spot on. Derby were nothing special when we played them away and today they were a severely weakened team. Hooper should have been on from the start we had too many players cluttering up the midfield. Because of this both Howson and Johnson could not find any space. Redmond has not been at his best recently but he should have been brought on at the hour mark to provide some much needed width. This was not a risk because Derby posed little threat up front.[/quote]I think both you and him could be maybe be thinking your opinion is more important or factual than it actually is, and also magnifying it with hindsight?The team today, including the subs were good enough to win the game, and we lost because of a goalkeeping error, nothing more than that.

[quote user="vos"]Morty. He may not be a manager but his assessment is spot on. Derby were nothing special when we played them away and today they were a severely weakened team. Hooper should have been on from the start we had too many players cluttering up the midfield. Because of this both Howson and Johnson could not find any space. Redmond has not been at his best recently but he should have been brought on at the hour mark to provide some much needed width. This was not a risk because Derby posed little threat up front.[/quote]

Neil set is stall his stall out pretty well today, whilst McClaren (with what he had) set his out slightly better and they got lucky with Ruddys tendency to be a little shi*e at calculating crosses.

Manager was spot on imo. They never looked like scoring the whole game while we took the lead and had plenty of other chances. We only drew because of a error by Ruddy nothing to do with how we were set up or team selection.

The manager put everything in place for us to win the game. One unfortunate mistake stopped that happening, nothing else.

[quote user="daly"]

Manager showed his inexperience today with the team selection. Why Hooper and Redmond were not brought on after 60 minutes was a big mistake.

|As for the Premiership a lot of money will have to be spent to improve this team should and its a BIG should we make it

[/quote]

Yeah Errm

15 shots to their 3 in total.

59% possession to us.

One mistake by ruddy and its 1-1 with Derby fans absolutely delighted with a point.

We really were the better team today. And I''m pretty sure

If it stayed 1-0 you wouldn''t have posted here today.

Come back when you actually know what you''re talking about

[quote user="morty"]Who do you manage?
[/quote]

You sound lke that prat Roeder

[quote user="alartz"][quote user="daly"]

[/quote] Yeah Errm 15 shots to their 3 in total. 59% possession to us. One mistake by ruddy and its 1-1 with Derby fans absolutely delighted with a point. We really were the better team today. And I''m pretty sure If it stayed 1-0 you wouldn''t have posted here today. Come back when you actually know what you''re talking about[/quote]

You are a joke

15 shots   around 12 finished up im the stands

Get real and get your yellow and green glasses off

[quote user="daly"]

[/quote]You sound like you shared Roeder''s tumour at some point.

[quote user="daly"]

[/quote]You sound like a man who thinks he knows better than an an actual man who is employed as a manager.If, of course you had come out with these opinions before a ball was kicked, I may have some interest in them.

Did we lose today ? NO, imo the manager had the tactics right, Derby are a good team, but without their main strikers at moment, but packed out the midfield and were quick to close us down for the whole 90 minutes, and that put several of our players off their game, a good point and still very much in it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="vos"]Morty. He may not be a manager but his assessment is spot on. Derby were nothing special when we played them away and today they were a severely weakened team. Hooper should have been on from the start we had too many players cluttering up the midfield. Because of this both Howson and Johnson could not find any space. Redmond has not been at his best recently but he should have been brought on at the hour mark to provide some much needed width. This was not a risk because Derby posed little threat up front.[/quote]I think both you and him could be maybe be thinking your opinion is more important or factual than it actually is, and also magnifying it with hindsight?The team today, including the subs were good enough to win the game, and we lost because of a goalkeeping error, nothing more than that.[/quote]

Morty. I can only tell you that after 10 minutes I told nearby supporters that we needed two up front - and they all agreed!!! It was blindingly obvious that Derby were weak but we had a very defensive line up. We were in full control for most of the match but there were several occasions when we did not have players in the box. Yes we can all think we are better than the manager, often with hindsight, but I think it is a fair and honest assessment that Neil got it wrong today.

Tricky one to judge, I think.

We had the chances to beat them (Jerome and Johnson) and they never really looked like troubling us too much. They came for a point and unfortunately we gifted it to them.

I think there was scope to change it but I can understand AN didn''t want to risk changing it too much with the potential for it to backfire.

I''d have taken Tettey off for Redmond.

[quote user="vos"][quote user="morty"][quote user="vos"]Morty. He may not be a manager but his assessment is spot on. Derby were nothing special when we played them away and today they were a severely weakened team. Hooper should have been on from the start we had too many players cluttering up the midfield. Because of this both Howson and Johnson could not find any space. Redmond has not been at his best recently but he should have been brought on at the hour mark to provide some much needed width. This was not a risk because Derby posed little threat up front.[/quote]I think both you and him could be maybe be thinking your opinion is more important or factual than it actually is, and also magnifying it with hindsight?The team today, including the subs were good enough to win the game, and we lost because of a goalkeeping error, nothing more than that.[/quote]

Morty. I can only tell you that after 10 minutes I told nearby supporters that we needed two up front - and they all agreed!!! It was blindingly obvious that Derby were weak but we had a very defensive line up. We were in full control for most of the match but there were several occasions when we did not have players in the box. Yes we can all think we are better than the manager, often with hindsight, but I think it is a fair and honest assessment that Neil got it wrong today.[/quote]Lol.

Daly is a handjob

Daly is a handjob

La la la la

Lala la la

Seriously come back when you know what you''re talking about.

Point against a team that has bee pushing top 2 all season and have been for a couple of seasons now is better than them taking all 3 away from home.

Can''t really agree with the op - it was an either/or for me, he went with Hooper where it could easily have been Redmond, but imo it could have been a big mistake to do both and weaken our set-up that was working well. Given that the only difference between 1 and 3 pts for us today ended up being a goalkeeping error, there was no ''managers mistake''.

Hooper looked good when he came on, but when he starts he disappears after a while, so I think that was the right decision. We really miss Grabban, for his movement & pace as much as anything.

Redmond has simply been pants lately. Gets the ball, stops, looks around, gets tackled. I don''t know whose fault it is, but something''s amiss.

We were the better side and still should have won but for me today we showed a very average and overrated Derby side too much respect. Hooper should have started and I was amazed Redmond did not come on. Howson is ineffective on the right and we were crying out for done genuine pace and width.

Even so once Hooper came on and we stepped it up we looked a class above and showed what might have been had we attacked them fully throughout. I think we would have won comfortably. Not the end of the world and we played ok but a big opportunity wasted.

[quote user="daly"]80 minutes before Lee Grant had to make a save[/quote]So what about our goal in the 31st minute - wasn''t he there to save that?

We didn''t show them too much respect. They are a good team, that had no forwards yesterday, so played a packed midfield, that tried to press our defenders (who like playing the ball out from the back a lot these days), that we had to counter, with the right formation, imo.

We dominated the first 30 minutes without then getting a sniff.

I would say Ruddy made a bigger error than Alex Neil, but where is your foresight on that?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]We didn''t show them too much respect. They are a good team, that had no forwards yesterday, so played a packed midfield, that tried to press our defenders (who like playing the ball out from the back a lot these days), that we had to counter, with the right formation, imo.

We dominated the first 30 minutes without then getting a sniff.

I would say Ruddy made a bigger error than Alex Neil, but where is your foresight on that?[/quote]

I said before the game I wanted Hooper to start and I maintain he should have done. They had nothing really at all to trouble us but our line up was more concerned with matching them than winning the game. Neil is a good manager and is doing a good job and yes were it not for an unfortunate error/foul we would have won but I think we got it wrong yesterday and its a shame because it was a big opportunity for us.

All about opinions. That is mine. Also think we were coasting a bit in the second half until their goal shook us into life. We then went up a gear and looked the better side again which just makes it all the more frustrating that it took conceding a goal to get us going again.

I don''t understand a lot of this to be honest. We''ve had 59% of the possession and restricted Derby to 2 shots on target in the entire match. The reason we haven''t won yesterday is down to a freakish goalkeeping error which you simply cannot legislate for - no matter how much you discuss tactics, shape and formations. If that doesn''t happen, we win the game 1-0 and everyone on here would be describing it as a perfectly controlled ''big game'' performance. Even after that error we have also created two excellent chances to win the game after that as well, which weren''t taken. I also do not seek to hammer Ruddy with that assessment of the game. He has been excellent in recent weeks and it''s just one of those things unfortunate that happens. Even the very best keepers drop the odd howler and unfortunately it invariably ends up being a goal when you play in that position. We''ve got 9 matches to go and plenty of time left. I''m still confident that we will get promotion this season. Whether it is automatically or through the playoffs. That was unthinkable after the Brentford game so I am not about to start criticising the manager, who''s doing a job bordering on the miraculous.

Just read this thread, lost count of the number of times " goal keeper error " is mentioned. Watch it back, try catching a ball with one arm, it''s impossible. Clear foul, referee was badly positioned but linesman should have seen it.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]I don''t understand a lot of this to be honest. We''ve had 59% of the possession and restricted Derby to 2 shots on target in the entire match. The reason we haven''t won yesterday is down to a freakish goalkeeping error which you simply cannot legislate for - no matter how much you discuss tactics, shape and formations. If that doesn''t happen, we win the game 1-0 and everyone on here would be describing it as a perfectly controlled ''big game'' performance. Even after that error we have also created two excellent chances to win the game after that as well, which weren''t taken. I also do not seek to hammer Ruddy with that assessment of the game. He has been excellent in recent weeks and it''s just one of those things unfortunate that happens. Even the very best keepers drop the odd howler and unfortunately it invariably ends up being a goal when you play in that position. We''ve got 9 matches to go and plenty of time left. I''m still confident that we will get promotion this season. Whether it is automatically or through the playoffs. That was unthinkable after the Brentford game so I am not about to start criticising the manager, who''s doing a job bordering on the miraculous. [/quote]

I agree he''s done a great job overall. Just a bit disappointed we did not back ourselves enough to put them out of reach yesterday. I feel if we''d really gone for them we could have given ourselves enough of a cushion to make the error/foul irrelevant. I think its perfectly reasonable to question the tactics in a particular game whilst still being a big fan of the manager generally.

Still the most important thing is we did not lose. Whenever we play any of our top 6 rivals we look better than them so we just have to hope we can now have another run to the end of the season and overhaul them. I think its going to be tough now though because I can''t see Bournemouth and Watford dropping too many points which is why yesterday''s draw was particularly frustrating.

I think the argument about whether it''s a foul or a goalkeeping mistake somewhat misses the point that most people are making in this thread Canary King. The bottom line is that whether you view it as a foul or a mistake, it is a freak incident which is totally unrelated to tactics, shape and formation. You cannot legislate for it and otherwise the tactics employed today would have won the game with very few alarms. Derby had two ''attempts'' on goal in the whole match. It was a very solid big game performance and it bodes well for future games.