Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

Hoolahan

Agreed, I thought he put some of the rest of our midfield to shame, as a collective they looked a bit slow to react and under par today.

[quote user="GJP"]Good but not great.[/quote]

Correct GJP, unfortunately nobody was great today, several were good, game was there for taking but for all our possession we didn''t have the craft to kill the game IMO

GJP wrote:

Good but not great.

...............................................................................................

In comparison - Jonny boy was not on the same planet !!

Hoolahan had a good game and Dorrans had a good game. But none of the other three midfielders had their best games in a Norwich shirt.

Tettey was often half a yard off the pace. Playing out wide right isn''t really Howson''s game, he''s better playing through the middle. But I guess he''s having to do a job there for the team because Redmond hasn''t really been at the races lately.

Hi GJP

thanks for your assessment !

Obviously was trying to get a response from you using Jonny boy - hope it wasn''t too strong.

thought he was fantastic, but we know he can be, just like we know he can be woeful. He''s in good form atm and deserves his starts.

[quote user="Six Pack"]Hi GJP thanks for your assessment ! Obviously was trying to get a response from you using Jonny boy - hope it wasn''t too strong.[/quote]

Yup, I knew what you were doing.

I just call it as I see it. I know a good player when I see one but I also know when a good player hasn''t had a good game.

[quote user="The wall of Tettey"]Agree 100%, comfortably the best player on the pitch.[/quote]

Yes. He looks up for it and was influential throughout.  In a good run of form - this manager is getting the best out of him - and most of the others too!

Tetty superb Hooly great in a congested midfield

Johnson battled manfully on left and Derby replaced right back because BJ roughed up the other guy & was starting to get on top

Dorans best Norwich game and Howson puts in shift on right midfield

We did not win because AN''s subs too late and should have introduced Redmond after they started to take off attacking players & replacing them with defensive midfielders

But then happy with a point

I dont think our mid were poor at all; what we were not was very creative; However we completely dominated central midfield, we had control through Tettey Dorrans & Wes, with able support from the flanks by BJ & Howson. In most games that is enough of a platform to win.

The number of chances were limited & while it was a peach of a ball from Wes the move only came alive when Tettey drove through their midfield line - some thing we didnt do enough of, from any of our 5 midfielders. We pressed high but rarely committed beyond camjam.

For this game thats probably a fair tactic.