Sign in to follow this  
Walnut

Derby County - Ticket Protest £40

Ticket prices are governed by that old measure - supply & demand

Our season tickets are expensive because we have a waiting list

Match tickets for away fans v derby are expensive because the club will sell out

Hasent anyone got it yet - its the way business works - you dont sell cheap when demand high

Its called maximising your profit for goodness sake

Clearly can see why people who post threads on here all day are not running the country

But then perhaps they would do a better job than the current shower of dodo

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I suspect that they support the issue in general. Support doesn''t have to equal protest though, does it?[/quote]You''ve said yourself on this thread "And this is about away prices, not season tickets". One of the Trusts main aims is cheaper away tickets, so why wouldn''t they support it?[/quote]Are you not on the committee Morty?

[quote user="John"]To be fair what Purple is saying is perfectly reasonable. Should it be that we are by most, if not by all accounts, charging among the highest prices for tickets in the Championship (whether it be away, casual or season tickets) would unlikely be a surprise to any Norwich fan (club itself included) i imagine; and that this would garner bad press wouldn''t be a surprise to anyone either. However that the press would be in furore about it doesn''t necessarily mean that Norwich fans will share that sentiment and get hyped up and start a series of protests lambasting the club for extorting it''s fanbase. As per the Hughton saga, outside of the staff at the club we''re -for the most part- among the most qualified people in the country to speak current on issues concerning Norwich City directly, and i imagine i''m not among the few who support Norwich City that can understand the club''s position on the matter, and where a protest couldn''t be further from my mind.I find myself agreeing with both morty and PC, yet i wouldn''t say i''m sufferring from any cognitive dissonance (on this issue at least).[/quote]Sorry i''d probably better placed to say ''fans in general'' in the context of the debate, the tone of the OP (should we take it for granted he''s a City fan) has thrown me.

I would have more sympathy towards your point of view purple if our club was being run by grabbing mercenaries instead of good people who care about Norwich City.

[quote user="Newton"]

Match tickets for away fans v derby are expensive because the club will sell out

Hasent anyone got it yet - its the way business works - you dont sell cheap when demand high

Clearly can see why people who post threads on here all day are not running the country

[/quote]just as a matter of interest l booked 3 adult tickets for a Trent bridge t20 in May at £10 a ticket ,I am sure the ground will be full that night so who is maximising the profit and who is fleecing the customer ,because that''s all we are to the owners and board.

[quote user="morty"]I would have more sympathy towards your point of view purple if our club was being run by grabbing mercenaries instead of good people who care about Norwich City.[/quote]The "good people" who run Norwich City seem to have a great deal of time and sympathy for my point of view. As the chief executive said recently:"Always good to hear from you, PurpleCanary!"Myself, I thought the exclamation mark was a bit over the top, but I can hardly help it if, as that unsolicited encomium indicates, I am right abour pretty much everything. We all have our burdens to carry, and that is plainly mine.

[quote user="Newton"]

[/quote]Shockingly, I for once agree with Newton - it had to happen eventually.Although AFAIK the country isn''t run by a dodo.

Thas Norfolk wrote:

just as a matter of interest l booked 3 adult tickets for a Trent bridge t20 in May at £10 a ticket ,I am sure the ground will be full that night so who is maximising the profit and who is fleecing the customer ,because that''s all we are to the owners and board."

Here in a nutshell is the problem TN - you quote those Notts prices (which are certainly good), but I give you Kent (my club) who are charging £25 (or £30 on the door), and Essex £29 ''allocated'' or £23 ''unallocated'' for their 2020 games. The point is, different clubs charge different amounts in all sports - it is up to us each to decide whether it is, or how much is, too much.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Petty tribalism beats lower ticket prices for all!

Well done football fans, well done.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/away-fans/score-campaign-twentys-plenty-for-away-tickets/[/quote]Lovely idea Bethnal but let''s look at how this would effect our club if it was implemented.We normally offer up to 2.500 tickets to visiting fans and let''s take an average price of £35 each, if the tickets were capped at £20, the club would be losing £15 per ticket. 2.500 x 15 = £37,500 per match x 23 home games = £862,000 per season. If the club progressed to the later stages of the cup competitions this would cost the club considerably more.The reality is that NCFC would be losing c.£1m per year and therefore subsidising away fans. An obvious remedy would be to increase the cost of home ticket to make up for this shortfall, or more likely, the player budget would have to be reduced. Either way, the majority of fans would suffer. Also, cheaper away tickets would invariably mean more visiting supporters coming to Carrow Rd and therefore there would be less seats available to our own fans. None of it makes sense.If ticket prices are going to be targeted (and I think they should be) it must be for all tickets and not just the away ones.

So what if the press spin it on us? The issue is football wide and its fans from every club which will suffer evermore if this carries on. I’m sure McNally etc will spin it to good effect.

Premier League clubs that got a bad reputation in recent years have begun to be more reasonable with their pricing, regardless of attendances. Arsenal for example charged us £40 for are visit in the first season of our recent Premier League stint. The following two seasons that was reduced to £25.

I’d rather we received a bit of ‘bad press’ if it meant we helped sort things for the better by reforming the way we do things!

I have to fully agree with Bethnal on this one, it’s not a them and us scenario, it’s only an us – proper football fans who actually go to games up and down the country.

Oh and despite what many think, we do not sell out all our games. Perhaps that was the case in the Premier League where we had a more consistent away support visiting. For nearly every home match this sesason there are 1,000-2,000 casual tickets available to fans. They do not get all snapped up. In part because they are considered by many to be too expensive.

If we are serious about the growth of the club then we should reduce prices, increase demand and expand the stadium. We are a rapidly growing city with a potentially vast fanbse which we are not encouraging to get involved very well at all.

I still disagree and can''t see how any protest against our club can change things. Of course our club could still unilaterally come out and charge away fans 20 quid. But then surely we have to charge home fans £20 for the equivalent seats. And then people in more expensive seats would rightly expect a pro rata discount. And then season ticket holders would rightly be aggreived that their seats were now more expensive than casuals....

if 20quid for an away ticket in the Jarrold Stand is plenty, how could the club justify charging home fans (casual tickets, not season tickets) 40quid for sitting just the other side of segregation?

I agree with bringing down the price of tickets, but I think it should be in proportion with home tickets. Unless the away fans are moved, I can''t see this happening

[quote user="Walnut"]Derby County will be holding a peaceful protest on the day of the game outside the main stand at 2:15pm.

The protest will be held to highlight the ever-growing cost of football, highlighted by the £40 being charged for the away fans [and indeed the home fans too] for a second-tier match.

The protest will be supported by the ''twenty''s plenty'' campaign with leaflets and banners distributed. Although being organised by DCFC fans, this is a campaign that all supporters should unite together.

It would be great for us [Norwich fans] to join in together with the Derby supporters on this issue. £40 for a normal league match in the second tier is simply too much. Time for a stand.[/quote]Seems to have gone quiet, is it still on? [:^)]

Think they''ve decided to boycott the pies and pints instead now, think they''ve sold 1400 from their 1900 tickets so bet they all get sold by Sat
http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/18090-norwich-away-boycott/

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Couldn''t get to the game yesterday, so what happened about this protest?[/quote]I didn''t notice anything in particular. The Barclay End Projekt were handing stuff out about the twenty is plenty campaign.A few pics I saw on twitter hinted the whole thing went by pretty quietly, and from where I was looking it looked like plenty Derby fans paid their 40 quid.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Couldn''t get to the game yesterday, so what happened about this protest?[/quote]I didn''t notice anything in particular. The Barclay End Projekt were handing stuff out about the twenty is plenty campaign.A few pics I saw on twitter hinted the whole thing went by pretty quietly, and from where I was looking it looked like plenty Derby fans paid their 40 quid.[/quote]

There were about a dozen Derby fans with a '' Twenty is Plenty '' banner handing out leaflets outside the Directors Entrance about 30 mins before KO

Decent chat with them and said I think 20 quid is wishful thinking bearing in mind it costs £25 at at least one League One ground but £40 is taking liberties.

Most people who stopped for a leaflet seemed to agree.

Had the "pleasure" of listening to the Derby fans coming out after the game - horrible lot, singing a song about Delia. Disgusting people.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Couldn''t get to the game yesterday, so what happened about this protest?[/quote]I didn''t notice anything in particular. The Barclay End Projekt were handing stuff out about the twenty is plenty campaign.A few pics I saw on twitter hinted the whole thing went by pretty quietly, and from where I was looking it looked like plenty Derby fans paid their 40 quid.[/quote]

There were about a dozen Derby fans with a '' Twenty is Plenty '' banner handing out leaflets outside the Directors Entrance about 30 mins before KO

Decent chat with them and said I think 20 quid is wishful thinking bearing in mind it costs £25 at at least one League One ground but £40 is taking liberties.

Most people who stopped for a leaflet seemed to agree.[/quote]Did you ask any of them why they thought it was okay to charge Leeds 40 quid when they came to Derby?[;)]

Don''t be so silly. That''s what all fans do, home and away. Derby like us are good fans who have had little to cheer about the past few years. To follow manure, Chelsea, etc is easy. To continue to follow Derby, us etc shows loyalty.

morty wrote the following post at 15/03/2015 7:49 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

Couldn''t get to the game yesterday, so what happened about this protest?

I didn''t notice anything in particular. The Barclay End Projekt were handing stuff out about the twenty is plenty campaign.

A few pics I saw on twitter hinted the whole thing went by pretty quietly, and from where I was looking it looked like plenty Derby fans paid their 40 quid.

Bit of a damp squib then.

Hope they enjoyed the first class facilities for away supporters at FCR and spent lots of money buying our quality refreshments.

😊

It''s not our fault we''re among the minority now of having poor (financially, obviously) owners while also having a stadium that isn''t big enough any more. We have to maximise revenue somehow to remain competitive.

That being said, £20 is too much for a ticket to watch Championship football in my opinion. It''s not our fault Sky and a few incredibly selfish, ego maniac owners have walked into the game and blown the finances out of control. The bubble won''t burst, football makes too many powerful, influential people too much money. Prices are going to stay completely unreasonable for a very long time so you might as well get used to it

Morty wrote, " Did you ask any of them why it was OK to charge the Leeds fans 40 quid when they came to Derby ? " ( wink )

No, as sadly they were still speechless after I''d told them they''d have probably have been stiffed 55 quid if this had been a top six game in the Premier League ( wink )