Sign in to follow this  
pete

Dorrans £3.5m good deal or not?

Dorrans has yet to provide evidence he is any better than our other midfield options. Loan ends on 22nd April will we send him back?

Do you go to games at all?I have thought he has looked classy every time I have seen him.

Sign him

AN likes flooding midfield & this guy plays anywhere

Sign him send French guy back to Hamilton (only brought at last min as a sop to AN because club cocked up purchase of Dorans who was No 1 target)

Yes, I''d have him full time. He ran out of puff towards the end but you can see he has class.

must say I''m a little confused to why he''s being played so deep?....can''t imagine thats what he was brought here to do?. apparantly he got 18 goals for WBA in their last promotion campaign a few season back, wont be getting anywhere near positions to hurt the opposition if he''s a deep as he was today?

that said, I''m sure he''ll be signing on a further loan for the rest of the season, reserve judgement in the summer.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Dorrans looks a cut above to me! Beautiful player.[/quote]

Oh, bit Gay.

Good player. Worth having in our squad in this league or the Prem.

Had a good game today I thought after some pretty average performances as a sub (however, it''s harsh to judge him on that. Despite this, it''s too early to say if he''s worth £3.5m or not. We have 9 more games to go to find out.

One in 3 or 4. Had a good performance today but needs to be consistent and also start contributing directly. We have enough peacocks at this club poncing around looking good, impressing some fans & the coach with the odd performance, staying in the team and their final output is a big fat zilch !

Nothing is set in concrete not just yet, even if we are promoted, the questions will be (a) did he make a major contribution to the promotion and (b) is he up for premiership football, knowing WBA (hovering just above the bottom 3) wanted rid of him.

As Miggins says - these next 9 games will give us the full picture.

He is still feeling his way in to things.  I thought yesterday he had a better game and was more influential than the couple of times I had seen him before, his corners were excellent and when he takes on players, he looks dangerous.  A great asset to the team in the making.

Also had a good game at milwall. Considering he''s not had an overly large amount of game time in the recent weeks to joining us and he''s not exactly an impact player, I think he''s done brilliantly.

One of those who just goes quietly about his business and can quite often be forgotton on the pitch but links the play up brilliantly and could prove a real asset in the middle of the park for the last games

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 15/03/2015 12:25 AM:

Had a good game today I thought after some pretty average performances as a sub (however, it''s harsh to judge him on that. Despite this, it''s too early to say if he''s worth £3.5m or not. We have 9 more games to go to find out.

WRONG 2 more games to find out

Loan runs out 22 March

Great player.

Good mix of passing, can beat a man and drives forward with intent. Set pieces also good.

If snap there hand off to buy him. Can sit or play off of the front man.

The playmaker we have craved for about 3 years.

Thought he had his best game for us on Saturday and has gotten better each game.  Corners are a huge bonus with his better quality of delivery.

He was unlucky to hit the post at Millwall.  I think he will play a big part in our promotion push and somewhwere along the line provide a bit of class or goal that will prove vital.

[quote user="Newton"]mrs miggins wrote the following post at 15/03/2015 12:25 AM:

WRONG 2 more games to find out

Loan runs out 22 March
[/quote]In announcing the deal we pointedly referred to "a loan deal initially running until Sunday March 22." It seems likely we will get him back on loan after the international break so he will be available through to the end of the season and for any matches in the play-offs.

Quite so, Purple - it has obviously been worked out so we could maximise his playing time with us.

IMO he has looked just the job, played a good game on Saturday, calm under pressure and clearly knows what he''s doing. A bit of a no brainer as to whether we should sign him.

One decent thing is that it is also a signing with next season in mind, whichever league we are in I think he will be a good asset.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Great player.

Good mix of passing, can beat a man and drives forward with intent. Set pieces also good.

If snap there hand off to buy him. Can sit or play off of the front man.

The playmaker we have craved for about 3 years.[/quote]

You''ve essentially just described Howson to a T CUSDP :)