Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Huddersfield

Can''t see a stronger team being put out than the one we had on Saturday.  However, Redmond - on form - would be a shoe in on the right - but imo, a midfield of Howson Dorrans Tettey and Johnson is strong enough, with Hoolahan or Hooper in front and Jerome at the top, as on Saturday. 

4141 is a good option - and one that AN likes - and with Redmond on the right would be -                     RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Ollson                      TetteyRedmond Howson Dorrans Johnson                      JeromeThis means giving Wes a rest (if he needs it) but I like the look of the above team, if all are on form.     Wes or Hooper could always come on if needed, or indeed any of the other subs.

I think if Wes is fit he has to play, also think Redmond would be better suited playing away from home at the minute. Wouldn''t surprise me if we are unchanged from the Derby game though.

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson

Tettey

Redmond Howson Johnson

Hoolahan

Jerome

Was it really 4141 on Saturday?

I felt it was more 4231 with Dorrans playing a deeper game. In fact Tettey was playing further forward at times than I have ever seen him.

I would agree with 10 or your 11 with either Redmond, Hoolahan or Hooper as the 11th although my preference would be, based on Saturday, Wes, so it would be ''Same again''.

Agree YW. I thought Tettey & Dorrans were playing in the wrong positions; they can both do a job where they played, but Tettey is just so good at protecting the defence, & Dorrans is now looking real class as an attacking MF.

Perhaps to accomodate three left footers?  Personally I would revert to the more successful 4141 though

Personally I would rest Wes tomorrow and save him for Sats tough game against forest and move Ho

Ruddy

Whits  Martin  Seb  Olsson

Tettey

Redmond Howson Dorrans BJ

CamJam

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson

Redmond Tettey Howson Johnson

Hooper

Jerome

Rudd Cuellar O''Neil Dorrans Vadis Hoolahan Loza

This wouldn''t be a tricky call if it wasn''t a Tuesday game after a tough game on Saturday and an even tougher one coming up v Forest.

Tettey doesn''t do 3 games in a week very well but it''s hard to leave him out. If we do AN seems to prefer a two man defensive midfield, probably with Johnson and Howson helping play out from the back and counter with our quicks so i''d expect Redmond and Jerome to feature.

SW---RM---SB---MO

------JH-------BJ------

--NR----WH----GD---

-----------CJ-----------

I''d do the Tettey bench thing again and swap Redmond in for Wes to give him a rest.

Back 5 unchanged then:

O''Neil

Redmond, Howson, Dorrans, Johnson

Jerome

[quote user="lake district canary"]Can''t see a stronger team being put out than the one we had on Saturday.  However, Redmond - on form - would be a shoe in on the right - but imo, a midfield of Howson Dorrans Tettey and Johnson is strong enough, with Hoolahan or Hooper in front and Jerome at the top, as on Saturday. 

4141 is a good option - and one that AN likes - and with Redmond on the right would be -                     RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Ollson                      TetteyRedmond Howson Dorrans Johnson                      JeromeThis means giving Wes a rest (if he needs it) but I like the look of the above team, if all are on form.     Wes or Hooper could always come on if needed, or indeed any of the other subs.

[/quote]

Sorry disagree completely. Wes is our in form player and he and Hooper should both start with Jerome. No more resting anyone.

--------------------------------------Ruddy--------------------------------------

--Whitaker----------Martin--------------------Bassong------------Olsson--

-----------------------------------------Tettey------------------------------------------

----------------Howson--------------------------------------Johnson----------------

---------------------------Hooper---------------Hoolahan---------------------------

----------------------------------------Jerome------------------------------------------

Possibly harsh on Dorrans but thought Hooper looked very sharp when he came on against Derby, depending on Hoolahan''s fitness I''d consider starting Dorrans to give Wes a rest

---------------------Ruddy---------------------

Whittaker--Martin--Bassong--Olsson

-----------------Vadis--Howson------------

Redmond--------------------------Johnson

--------------------Hoolahan------------------

---------------------Jerome--------------------

Subs:

Rudd, Cuellar, Tettey, O''Neil, Dorrans, Murphy, Hooper

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]

--------------------------------------Ruddy--------------------------------------

--Whitaker----------Martin--------------------Bassong------------Olsson--

-----------------------------------------Tettey------------------------------------------

----------------Howson--------------------------------------Johnson----------------

---------------------------Hooper---------------Hoolahan---------------------------

----------------------------------------Jerome------------------------------------------

Possibly harsh on Dorrans but thought Hooper looked very sharp when he came on against Derby, depending on Hoolahan''s fitness I''d consider starting Dorrans to give Wes a rest

[/quote]

I must admit Hoolahan and Hooper have a really great understanding between them and it''s a joy to watch them play together. They have the classic 6th sense of one know where the other is going to go and when. They''ve scored some great goals between them. Tough to leave Hooper out tbh

A1 Canary - ''''I must admit Hoolahan and Hooper have a really great understanding between them and it''s a joy to watch them play together. They have the classic 6th sense of one know where the other is going to go and when. They''ve scored some great goals between them. Tough to leave Hooper out tbh''''

Yes very much agreed!! The small triangle passing/give-and-gos that they can pull off when playing together are tidy to say the least! I haved loved watching some of the football we''ve played this season. Definitely the 2 best players at the club when it comes to quick thinking and close-quarters ball control. I''d also say that Redmond is nearly at a similar stage now although possibly still a little raw in comparison to Hooper/Hoolahan.

I think the aforementioned line-up would be identical to the Millwall set up only with Tettey in for Dorrans which should give us a bit more steel infront of the defence, whilst giving Howson/Johnson more license to get involved going forwards.

-------------------Ruddy-------------------

--------------------Tettey--------------------

------Howson---------------Johnson-----

-----------------Hoolahan------------------

-------------Hooper---Jerome------------

[quote user="mrs miggins"]-------------------Ruddy-------------------

--------------------Tettey--------------------

------Howson---------------Johnson-----

-----------------Hoolahan------------------

-------------Hooper---Jerome------------[/quote]

Assuming Tettey is played and not rested i''d probably go with this at Huddersfield but risky going with the diamond away from home when you''re expecting the opposition to attack you. Leaves our full backs exposed and our right side especially. I read a good report of the derby game in their local press that mentioned our one weak spot being our right full back area. Whitts has put in some good peformances of late and he does great going forward but i''d always be nervous playing any formation that doesn''t afford him protection.

We played the diamond all the time the last time we went up. We''ve got better players now who can also keep the ball much better as well as a defensive warrior in Tettey (instead of David Fox). I don''t think we will play the diamond, but I hope we do because Huddersfield aren''t very good and we could really do some damage to their defence if we start with the line-up we finished with on Saturday.

-----------------Ruddy--------------------

Whits---Martin---Bassong---Olsson

------------------Tettey--------------------

--------Howson----------Dorrans------

---------------Hoolahan------------------

---------Jerome--------Hooper---------

Johnson has looked a bit tired to me past few games, not surprising given his recent superhuman efforts

Like the look of your team selection My Lord.

The idea of Hoolahan providing to two accomplished goal scorers is a good one.

Worth remembering that Tettey will probably sit this one out due to his knee problem meaning he can''t play two games in a week. We''ve got a decent squad with options, it''s important that we utilise it.