Hucks               Jarrett        Hughes      Marney

Leon          Ashton

Subs:

Ward

Shackell

Charlton

Henderson

Thorne

With that said I would love to see Shacks starting, but it seems there is a fitness issue there.  I think we need to play Jarrett because he has been described as a box to box midfield player.  Jarrett also looks like he can pass pretty well. 

[quote]Green Louis-Jean Fleming Doherty Drury Hucks Jarrett[/quote]

Huckerby on the right and Marney on the left - that''s interesting!!

I''d go with

Green

Colin Shacks Fleming Charlton

Marney Jarrett Hughes Huckerby

Ashton McKenzie

Subs: Ward, Drury, MLJ, Thorne, Brennan

Going on Saturdays display I would like to see this team...

GK Green
DR MLJ
DL Drury
DRC Colin
DLC Shackell
MR Marney
ML Huckerby
MRC Jarrett
MLC Charlton
FC McKenzie
ST Ashton

I think Charlton did a good job on Saturday as did MLJ. I didn''t like the look of Fleming, Doherty or Hughes. Fleming because like last season has no positional awareness and blames his mistakes on the other players. Doherty because he just looks like he''s going to give away freekicks as he holds on to players, IN THE BOX! With Hughes, I would like to contrast him with Marney. Dean showed everyone that he can pass the ball far better than anyone else in the squad with pin point crosses for Ashton and McKenzie to attack. He also seemed to stick his foot in when needed. Hughes ran about, won the ball then hoofed it forwards to no one. I can see why some have likened him to Holt. I know it was only one game and they''ve all got to learn about each other with so many new faces so it will be interesting to see how it goes Tuesday night.

Also... Who else thinks Marney did more in that one game than Bentley did in the whole of last season because I believe he did.

Haha get your point. Bentely was a show boater. He had class, but he wimped out of tackles all the time.

Marney will be key in taking us back to the prem. A pleasure to watch !

with what we have (i hope we will get someone new soon but doubt it)

Green

MLJ    Shackell     Charlton     Drury

Marney   Hughes    Jarrett
                                    Huckerby

McKenzie    Ashton

if marney not fit then play Hendo/McVeigh

Green

MLJ        Flem         Shackell          Drury

Hughes    Jarrett
 Marney                           Huckerby

McKenzie    Ashton

or along the back line:

MLJ-COLIN-SHACKELL-DRURY

Too soon to say on marney or MLJ - marney had very little impact for most of the game but did show some good touches.  Comparing Marney and Bents will be impossible due to the quality of opposition; Bentley had an impact on games in the prem, so far marney has not really in the champs but it is far too soon to say.   The same goes for MLJ who should keep his place until we know better .

Hughes gets a second chance but we have to see more commitment and ability.

Team has to be our best 11 players

Green

MLJ    Shack    Doc   Drury

Marney  Jarrett Safri (Hughes)  Hux

Leon    Ashton

Subs

Ward   Colin  Thorne Hughes Jim Brennan

OTBC

If it were my choice I would go for:

GK - Green

LB - Charlton

CB - Shack

CB - Doc (gets more stick then he deserves)

RB - Colin (want to see what he is like)

RM - Marney

CM - Safri

CM - Jarrett

LM - Hucks

CF - Ashton

CF - Tomlinson

(though playing a fat vicar might anger the crowd - perhaps swap for Leon!)

SUBS: Ward, Drury, Hughes, Thorn, Flem

Im shocked Zip, Im sure we didnt see eye to eye last season but you are spot on in my opinion, that is our strongest team and the team we should play.

But of course we wont

[quote]Going on Saturdays display I would like to see this team... GK Green DR MLJ DL Drury DRC Colin DLC Shackell MR Marney ML Huckerby MRC Jarrett MLC Charlton FC McKenzie ST Ashton I think Charlton did ...[/quote]

How can you possibly say Marney has done more in one game than Bents did all last season?  It''s one game!  Did Bentley not score against Newcastle and Saints.  Did he not cross for Deano against Manure.  Did he not play a blinder against Bolton at home?  I would fancy Bentley a lot more against Coventry than any team in the Premier League and at the end of the day Bentley is a striker.  It''s not his fault that Worthy played him out of position.

Sorry but I just wanted to add something else.  When Bentley signed last year most people hailed him a some sort of messiah, some if us tried to point out his lack of experience etc but no one wanted to hear it.  After a few games everyone rounded on him and wanted him sent back.  I just hope people are not going to put Marney on pedestal, it''s a long way for him to fall if he cannot live up to high expectations placed upon him!

Everyone is gonna come to pretty much the same conclusion.

Basically we need to get Shackell, Jarrett and Safri into the starting 11 at the earliest opportunity.

Enough said!

My first 11 (from what I''ve seen and heard to date, anyway):

Green

L-J Shackell Charlton Drury

Safri
Hughes Jarrett
Marney Huckerby

Ashton

Basically, we must get Charlton back to CB, alongside Shackell, and we miss Safri badly.

[quote]My first 11 (from what I''ve seen and heard to date, anyway): Green L-J Shackell Charlton Drury Safri Hughes Jarrett Marney Huckerby Ashton Basically, we must get Charlton back to CB, alongside S...[/quote]

Yep I wouldn''t object to playing Charlton at centre back with Shacks. I think last season we probably looked at our best defensively when Fleming and Chalton were paired together in the centre!