Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Two wins........

If we win our next two games there is a possibility of being top on Saturday evening going into the international break.  Clubs all around us have difficult looking fixtures and draws in the matches below would put us top on 72 points, nearest rival on 71. It will take a big effort to win our two games, but a bigger effort imo for our rivals to get their points.    Any of them would do very well to pick up more than three points out of their two fixtures, so there could even be four clubs on 72 points. We still have to win ours, but the battle is hotting up!

Tonight - Cardiff v Bn''mth   Derby v Middsbro Wigan v Watford   Fri/Saturday - Wolves v Derby   Bn''mth v Middsbro  Watford v Ipswich  

Massive week for Boro... I can''t decide what I want really. I suppose draws would be best.

Nice to see that we either get the scum fall further back or Watford potentially drop below us as well. Watford could really do with dropping some points!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]If[/quote]That would have been enough Lakey. [;)][/quote]Yep, but I can''t help but get excited and more interested in other club''s results than at any stage this season.  Every point dropped by a rival is a another help to our cause. We''ve still got to win our matches, but the league is so closely fought this season that the outcome in every match involving those above us is key to our progress.   In the Lambert Championship season there was an element of doubt as to whether we were going to be good enough for automatic promotion and got it on the back of Cardiff bottling it - this season it feels as if we are good enough to win it outright, but we could do with a few dropped points from our rivals in the process. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]If we win our next two games there is a possibility of being top on Saturday evening going into the international break.[/quote]Just seen something Lakey posted on another thread earlier today.......[quote user="lake district canary"]On the other had if results don''t go

our way, we will stay in 5th place, with Brentford and Ipswich catching

up. Then the difficult thing will be getting back up the table.

Difficult either way!!![/quote]I think they call it "covering your @rse". [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]If we win our next two games there is a possibility of being top on Saturday evening going into the international break.[/quote]Just seen something Lakey posted on another thread earlier today.......[quote user="lake district canary"]On the other had if results don''t go

our way, we will stay in 5th place, with Brentford and Ipswich catching

up. Then the difficult thing will be getting back up the table.

Difficult either way!!![/quote]I think they call it "covering your @rse". [:D] [/quote]

I think its called taking things out of context.  That second quote was a response to someone who said we could be second after tonight, something which is practically impossible, even if results go our way.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]If we win our next two games there is a possibility of being top on Saturday evening going into the international break.[/quote]

Just seen something Lakey posted on another thread earlier today.......

[quote user="lake district canary"]On the other had if results don''t go our way, we will stay in 5th place, with Brentford and Ipswich catching up. Then the difficult thing will be getting back up the table. Difficult either way!!![/quote]

I think they call it "covering your @rse". [:D]
[/quote] that Lakey

With the quantity ( not quality ) of output Lakey generates from that end I doubt there is sufficient flannel roll width in Burton''s to cover it.

Going top of the league for my first trip to Carrow Road would be absolutely awesome but I be far more than happy with 6 points from the next two games.