Sign in to follow this  
joe

end of season predictions

With the run in and form Watford and Bournemouth have I really can''t see beyond them two as to who will go up in the automatics, I have a gutting feeling that the 2 points dropped Saturday could be the difference, if we can put a string of results together we could make it but I also have doubts about how we drop our game against the so called lesser teams , either way I am confident we will get promotion via the play offs if it were to come to that but it would probably be the death of me considering how nerve racking I have found games in recent weeks

No, sorry I don''t agree.

Until it''s mathematically impossible to get in the top two then I wouldn''t rule it out at all, there are some big games still to be played.

Watford''s next 4 matches are Wigan (A), Ipswich (H), Derby (A) & Middlesbrough (H)

Bournemouth''s next 4 are Cardiff (A), Middlesbrough (H), Ipswich (A) & Birmingham (H)

Points will be dropped, we just need to keep up the pace.

Agreed, points will be dropped, we just need to make sure we keep winning.

I guarantee you, if we win every game from now on, we will go up.

Pretty confident they will all drop points which is why I say that if we win every game, we''re up. I think we won''t even need that but we can have that positive mentality that basically tells the players that their efforts will be rewarded. A team like Forest could win every game from now on and finish 7th. I am 100% sure if we win them all, we''ll be promoted.

I''ve said this a few times - I''m 100% certain we''re going to win the league.

Bookmark this post for congratulations / mockery come the end of the season.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Pretty confident they will all drop points which is why I say that if we win every game, we''re up. I think we won''t even need that but we can have that positive mentality that basically tells the players that their efforts will be rewarded. A team like Forest could win every game from now on and finish 7th. I am 100% sure if we win them all, we''ll be promoted.[/quote]

I predict Bournemouth will finish top and us 2nd, then Boro and Watford taking 3rd & 4th, we cant afford too many slip ups though, our run is a good one, Leeds away being the one I fear the most.

Three points off top with a lot of the teams around us having to play each other. The only teams in the top 8 we''ve got coming up are Forest and Boro, with a glut of ''winnable'' games as well (including several away games, in which we''ve been performing excellently). If we win 6/7 of our remaining fixtures, we''ll be champions.

[quote user="alartz"]Yeah but they can afford to drop points. We can''t if they actually do.[/quote]they cant all get maximum points, if we win all ours we will finish top...simples

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="alartz"]Yeah but they can afford to drop points. We can''t if they actually do.[/quote]they cant all get maximum points, if we win all ours we will finish top...simples[/quote]ok that may not be correct, as watford dont have to play bournemouth

If we win the remaining games we are guaranteed promotion. It''s the last 2 games, the playoff and final (should it come to that) that would guarentee promotion more than any other games.

One loss and we''ll probably need a minimum of 7 wins and a draw. If we remain unbeaten then we have a fair shout of clinching 2nd place with 6 wins and 4 draws. To remain unbeaten would mean we have to complete an 11 match unbeaten run.I think we might just narrowly miss out because we''re needing to almost defy gravity in terms of historical performance. If the board had had the bottle to get rid of Adams sooner instead of trying to save face then we might have been in with a better shout.

[quote user="dauphinoise Potatoes "]

Lets see what Ricardo has to say about the situation then we can know for sure!

[/quote]If we get to 86 points and fail to gain an auto spot we will be very unlucky indeed.

Should Leicester win all ther games they will stay up

That will not happen no more than we win all our games especially as we cannot beat the likes of Reading Wigan Fulham etc

Playoffs at best

I''m all for a positive approach - and for sure, Norwich are capable of beating every other team home and away right now. However, what is the likelihood of that happening?

Maybe we should ask the owner of Brentford to give us a bit of ''mathematical modelling'' - which already appears to be working in Denmark according to this article ...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/feb/22/brentford-mathematical-modelling-denmark

We will not win all our remaining games and nor will any of our rivals , its a big blow dropping 5 points in the last two home games but if we do find ourselves in the play offs then the blame goes to Neil Adams . You would not expect even a radio presenter to go 11 games without a win in this league with the squad we have .

The blame would not lie at Neil Adams'' door imo. It would lay fairly and the squarely in the board room who had a total and utter brain fart by appointing him in the first place. Neil only did what anyone else in his position would do. i.e. accept the offer of the Manager''s job at the club he loves. Interestingly, Middlesborough haven''t done too badly by scouring Europe for a Manager. Anyway, time to move on.

Before the Derby county game I said we needed 20 points from our last 10 games for automatics. Now i think we''ll need 19 points and hopefully after tonight this will be 16?

We will not be the only team that are nervous coming to the end of the season so it will chop and change every week from now until the end of the season.

When Alex Neil came in we were outside the play off places, we now look certain to get one of these places at least so his target has been achieved.

Its going to be a roller coaster so hold on tight and don''t try and get off too early. Just enjoy the ride.