Sign in to follow this  
The Phantom

Time to recall the wolf

The Messiah is looking to bring in another striker. He is struggling to get one. Surely the answer is simple recall the Wolf from his loan in France.

Job a good un and he would be top class at this standard.

Expect lots will rubbish this idea But it may be worth a punt.

He hasn''t been a huge success there so if we agree to pick up his wages for rest of season they might agree.

He genuinely seems to have a love for the club and this would be a last chance to secure a long term future here. He would have a few games to prove himself which could then see his career back on track as a premier league player with us.

IF he scored an early goal on his return he would be a fan favourite and could be our Simeon Jackson for this promotion push.

A gamble, but why not?

can those that want him back honestly say that if we needed a goal to win a game/title they would get excited at the prospect of bringing RVW off the bench to get it

Is the Kit Man sick ?

Or are Voodo, San Miquel etc getting lonely sitting in the stands ?

Oh I know the Laundry Lady has gone on holiday

What else is the Wolf good at - can someone remind me

Seen him pretend to be a football player during our last season in the Prem and while he looked ok in his kit, the fool did not get the movement thing as he was stationery most of the time

Sorry just remembered, Delia wants to run a Medium event at the club to raise funds for her next wine delivery and as every one who was at the Fulham game knows - Wolf can see dead people as he was passing the ball to ghosts in the second half - Silly me

Such is my faith in Alex Neil, I''d be happy to see any player back here for another chance - and that goes for RvW too.

Why is it, given all the evidence of the last season and a half, that people still can''t see that he''s little better useless.Far too light weight for the Championship where he would get clobbered in the first 5 minutes & then dissapear until he was subed.

[quote user="Alex "]Such is my faith in Alex Neil, I''d be happy to see any player back here for another chance - and that goes for RvW too.[/quote]

I am of the same view he is not a bad player we just had a hapless manager at the time

Can I ask, on what do you base the assumption he''d be class in this league? I assume it''s on his price tag and the fact he has a cap for Holland. You can''t possibly have seen anything from him last year to suggest he''d cut it in this league!?

He has absolutely nothing to his game bar clever movement and a good header, nothing. He''d be well behind Hooper, Jerome and eventually Grabban if he came back and I know we need another option but I don''t think there would be much between a coasting, unconfident RVW and Jamar Loza or Carlton Morris with careers establish

[quote user="dauphinoise Potatoes "][quote user="Alex "]Such is my faith in Alex Neil, I''d be happy to see any player back here for another chance - and that goes for RvW too.[/quote]

I am of the same view he is not a bad player we just had a hapless manager at the time[/quote]Can you answer my question....about him coming off the bench

When we signed him people like Bony were available for less yet we spunked 8.5 million on a complete waste of space.We will never see that money again and I hope we never see him a a city shirt either.

Tony Andreu also seems  pretty lightweight and AN clearly rates him. If Norwich ever had a manager likely to get the best out of Ricky Van Wolfswinkel surely it''s Alex Neil.

Thinking on; nowadays we play a pressing game further up the pitch - that would probably suit RVW rather well...

I knew it''d happen eventually

Fuggun Cody Van Wolfswinkel

The circle is now complete

That doesn''t matter, Norfolk Mustard. He did poorly in a system designed to score very few goals so he should never see the light of Carrow Road again even if we now have a system that suits him. Don''t waste valuable practice time on him. God forbid he does fit in and all those who wrote him off looking silly for trashing an unproductive striker in Hughton''s failed capitulating style. Just accept the £8 million loss and suck it up.

If the figures stated when he went on loan are to be beleived, and there is little reason the doubt them, the loss will only be about 2 million. Mind you I wish I could afford to write off 2m!

I feel bad for Ricky.He gets the blame for not being able to perform under a tactically inept buffon who drained all his confidence.Hope Hoots feels good about destroying the blokes career.

cant be recalled.. season long loan..can we stop this RVW tak now please.. he''s had his chance... he''ll be punting about in the Dutch 2nd division within 3 years.

Nexus_Canary wrote the following post at 14/03/2015 12:56 PM:

I feel bad for Ricky.

He gets the blame for not being able to perform under a tactically inept buffon who drained all his confidence.

Hope Hoots feels good about destroying the blokes career.

Agree 100% we signed a bloke for £8.5M :-

Who pretends to be a modern footballer but just stands about all day and does not move

Picks up £40K per week

Passes the ball to ghosts

Has a Dutch cap (I brought 2 for less than 2Euro from a market)

We need a manager who can mould a team around him

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I feel bad for Ricky.
He gets the blame for not being able to perform under a tactically inept buffon who drained all his confidence.
Hope Hoots feels good about destroying the blokes career.
[/quote]

You''d have to question what RVW is made of and how much of a player he really is if one season at Norwich under Chris Hughton has destroyed his career.

Although Hughton doesn''t produce an exciting brand of football he has had a long career in his game at a very decent level. He hasn''t done all that because he doesn''t know a thing or two.

I would suggest RVW has got more to prove than Hughton has.

Obviously, we can''t recall Ricky under the terms of his loan. So the argument is rather academic. However, it will be interesting to cast our minds onto next season and what happens (regardless of which league we are in). I think there is a distinct possibility that he''ll be back at Carrow Road next season. This is because I can''t see St Etienne wanting to sign him - certainly not at the price quoted. If you look at the statistics, then Ricky is having another poor season. He''s scored 5 league goals in 24 league appearances. It''s also got to be remembered that this is for St Etienne, a team who are doing very well in the league (they are 5th) and creating plenty of chances in games. That should be viewed as being somewhat alarming and there aren''t going to be clubs forming an orderly queue to sign him as a result.  I would totally agree that on a tactical level Hughton didn''t get the best of out of Ricky. He insisted on playing both him or Hooper up front by themself, something which palpably did not suit either player. It was utterly criminal that Hughton spent nearly 15 million on two players who actually didn''t suit his tactical preference of 4-2-3-1. However, these excuses are running out for Ricky as even in a side which is much better suited to the way he plays, Ricky continues to struggle. Given that Alex Neil also has a general preference for 4-1-4-1, I cannot see how Ricky would fit into that system. Alex Neil has already shown a perference for players like Grabban and Jerome, strikers with a much more complete all round game rather than someone like Hooper who he uses more sparingly and often against weaker opposition. Whilst anyone can be wise with the benefit of hindsight, the whole signing was very badly thought out and ill conceived on virtually every level. The fact we could have potentially nipped in ahead of Swansea for Bony (who would have been idea) merely rubs salt into the wound.

Is it so hard to believe that a player could improve under and show his worth under another manager?

For one BJ has been a revelation playing in an inferior league under a new regime and in a new position - enough for one comment that a fan would turn down a £15m bid for him;

he is not alone, hooper & howson look far superior this season, whittaker & olsson different defenders under the last 12 games leadership of AN & Bassong is back in the fold. Legend Grant Holt look awful under Colin Calderwood but we know what he was capable of with proper management.

I suspect RvW wont be back & that is probably best for all concerned; To right him off for one injury prone mismanaged season is spectacularly myopic. If, against all the fates, he does come back next season & can impress Neil on the training field then who knows what can happen.

alartz wrote the following post at 14/03/2015 8:29 PM:

This is the winner of the most retarded post of the week

Alartz did not realise you had entered a completion

But, congratulations on your award

I would agree most of your posts are cr@p