Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

just back from uddersfield

and enjoying the beer i missed out on as a designated driver through about 100 miles of thick fog and a rotten underhand diversion, What a crap performance by almost everyone tonight! thank god for wes hoolahan and loza... we were pathetic right through the team ! particuarly stand out rubbish for me tonight were russell martin and hooper... highlight of the evening was the gasworks club... cheap drinks and unhealthy food in a warm enviroment.... i don''t think we will be troubling the premiership anytime soon on this performance OTBC

Martin and Whittaker both need replacement. I wanted to see both Wes and Hooper start last night. Without the former in the team we lack creativity. The concern must be those snapping at our heels now unfortunately.

plenty of poor performances tonight across the team but martin hooper and unusually bj were all quite extreme.

The defending for both goals was quite appalling

Martin was at fault for the first goal but who should have been marking Vaughan for the second?

We have to keep clean sheets against these struggling clubs. It just isn''t good enough. If we were in the Premiership we would get battered every week, so we need to bring in some decent centre backs and full backs in the summer whether we go up or not.

second was horrible - whits turned to easily,  Dorrans not much of a blockage & Martin doing his best tony adams arm in the air impression while Vaughan made the most of the space that dance allowed.

And where on earth was Seb?    miles outside the box and out of positon. 

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Martin and Whittaker both need replacement. I wanted to see both Wes and Hooper start last night. Without the former in the team we lack creativity. The concern must be those snapping at our heels now unfortunately.[/quote]

By all accounts Whittaker played well again. His desire got us our first goal.

Been amazing the last couple of months

By all accounts I don''t think we were as bad as you make out.

Dorrans looked classy but needs to move more, Whittaker was great, full of desire, Redmond was very lively and they couldn''t cope, he just needs to gamble more with his final ball. Ruddy was good as well, not much he could have done with the goals but he was assured coming for crosses etc which is good considering the Derby game.

Jerome put a pleasing shift in which for me was key as he often goes into hiding if he doesn''t get a goal. He was at it until the very end.

Wes was the game changer, we started to click when he arrived and his finish for the goal was as composed as any. I honestly don''t know how he doesn''t score more. Loza looked the best i''ve seen him from his fleeting appearances even before his goal. He won a couple of tackles and played a few nice passes and his composed finish could teach Hooper and Jerome a thing or two. How Hooper missed that open net i''ll never know! Johnson should have scored in the second half as well.

One observation I did have was at opposition corners, we had nobody protecting Ruddy despite Saturday. Miller was stood next to him quite a lot and luckily he didn''t try impeding him. Jerome just stood in the space "marking" Miller. He should have been between Miller and Ruddy so as to avoid a repeat of Saturday.

I think going forward in "them types of games we should be winning" we need both Redmond and Wes on the pitch for the 90 minutes. I don''t care how that''s done but just do it. Perhaps Hooper out and Wes in next time out with Tettey in for Johnson who is on 9 bookings and could maybe do with a light break.