Sign in to follow this  
Year of the tiger

Referee Nigel miller

Has refereed us 8 times in the Championship. We''ve lost all 4 at home & drawn 2 & lost 2 away. This season his appearances, Boro away, Brentford at home, & last night.

Whilst you can''t blame a ref for us playing poorly it does seem a hell of a co incidence we are always poor when he''s the ref.

Oh you can blame him for last nights mess. The Johnson "goal" last night should have stood he clearly and his assistant did not see a handball and had given the goal.

He allowed the players to take matters into their own hands by bullying the assistant who then suddenly remembered a handball she had not flagged for . And they wonder why players try to bully officials. As a ref myself I always say I can only give what I see and not use players acting etc to make decisions.

After that reversal all the players knew the officials were really not in control which changes the game completely. Suspect in particular our defence was worried over soft penalty award .

Where do the FA get these officials from, I have officiated many matches never made such a basic error, should ship both of them down to conference!

I bet Ruddy is regretting not getting in th refs face after he was clearly held just before the Derby goal. Any wonder players surround refs after last night such pathetic weak officials who get paid good money need to be rejected plenty better ones in lower leagues believe me!

[quote user="CJ"]Oh you can blame him for last nights mess. The Johnson "goal" last night should have stood he clearly and his assistant did not see a handball and had given the goal.

He allowed the players to take matters into their own hands by bullying the assistant who then suddenly remembered a handball she had not flagged for . And they wonder why players try to bully officials. As a ref myself I always say I can only give what I see and not use players acting etc to make decisions.

After that reversal all the players knew the officials were really not in control which changes the game completely. Suspect in particular our defence was worried over soft penalty award .

Where do the FA get these officials from, I have officiated many matches never made such a basic error, should ship both of them down to conference!

I bet Ruddy is regretting not getting in th refs face after he was clearly held just before the Derby goal. Any wonder players surround refs after last night such pathetic weak officials who get paid good money need to be rejected plenty better ones in lower leagues believe me![/quote]

The ref spoilt the game somewhat last night I thought. He blew for absolutely everything! There was one when Miller had hold of Howson but then in winning the 50/50, he forgot the ball, Howson nipped round him and started to run away with the ball and then the ref blew for a foul on Miller!

That just typified the refs performance last night. Anything remotely physical we did he punished us for. The lateness in disallowing our goal was a bloody joke as well.