Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Season defining Karmic moments? Robbie Savage and now James Vaughan

Savage famously took an age to milk applause and get off the pitch against Derby buying us time for the Jackson winner so late. And Vaughan spent an age celebrating his goal on 95 minutes so hard that he was booked for his efforts and was sent off after only a minute or two earlier being booked for a cynical foul ( which Chris Powell said was clever team play. It wasn''t). His slow disconsolate walk off gave us another 3 minutes and up pops Loza. That was karma for me.

I would be interested to see if that late equaliser ends up as a moment in the season we will long remember.

Vaughan seemed never to be wanting to be at City. Often injured but then Hughton seemed to marginalise him. His payback last night misfired a bit. Football is a funny game. I''ve never seen a later goal than 98 minutes.

I couldn''t follow the match live but I must admit I found it quite funny when I heard about it, that  Vaughan went so over the top with his celebration to get sent off.   Thinking he had got the winner, then to get sent off and for it and us to get the equalizer must have been the biggest come down for a player.    Never really did much at Norwich and there must have been some frustration there, but if he had not celebrated - out of respect for his old club - Huddersfield probably would have won the match.  Irony rules.

How much difference did the sending off make? With seconds left even with ten men they would be gutted to concede an equaliser.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I couldn''t follow the match live but I must admit I found it quite funny when I heard about it, that  Vaughan went so over the top with his celebration to get sent off.   Thinking he had got the winner, then to get sent off and for it and us to get the equalizer must have been the biggest come down for a player.    Never really did much at Norwich and there must have been some frustration there, but if he had not celebrated - out of respect for his old club - Huddersfield probably would have won the match.  Irony rules.

[/quote]I agree LDC with all of your points bar one "show respect to his old club".. Huddersfield pay his wages.. we don''t... score a goal and celebrate with the new fans who adore you...David Luiz last week case in point.

Amazing that he didn''t injure himself kicking the corner flag.Slightly OT but did Loza get his yellow for over celebrating as well?  (Don''t begrudge him if he did, top lad[Y]).

He must have felt silly:

James Vaughan @vaughany08 ยท 18h 18 hours ago

Massive apology to everyone at htafc!! Really silly taking my shirt off! Emotions got the better of me tonight!!

That said, I think it is some kind of City urban legend that he did not want to play for us. His first season was hampered by a knee injury, but then when he came back fit for the pre-season (I happened to see him scoring a brace against Hertha in Austria and looking really sharp) Hughton loaned him out (probably because oif his injury record) and never returned, and I doubt he had any options in this.

Bearing in mind that he played a total of 150 minutes (in 5 appearances) plus 1 or 2 friendlies in City shirt as opposed to 86 games for Huddersfield, his lack of attachment is somewhat understandable.

[quote user="Herman "]Amazing that he didn''t injure himself kicking the corner flag.Slightly OT but did Loza get his yellow for over celebrating as well?  (Don''t begrudge him if he did, top lad[Y]).[/quote]

Yes, he did.  Great moment for him, scoring a goal to save the day.

I think Wes was trying to persuade the ref not to book him (Loza), obviously didn''t convince him ๐Ÿ˜ž