Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Any loan news?

It seems to have gone rather quiet on the loan front - this time last week there seemed to be a three-way tug of war going on for Rhodes, but since then I''ve seen no mention of it.

With only 8 games to go it could make the difference between getting that final push over the line - but I imagine the 93-day limit is coming into everyone''s thoughts, there''s little point in getting someone in only for them to be unavailable for the most crucial game of the season (ie the play off final) should we get there.

The loan deadline is 26th March - I imagine if anything is going to happen it will be around that date.

The international break allows clubs to hold off signing for a little due to the 93 day limit you mention.

Wouldn''t be surprised if everything is already sorted out, but the club are just waiting to announce it.

Yep - just worked that out after posting it.

Delay would save money in wages though - Norwich not in ''dire'' need of any loan players although someone new upfront would be helpful.

Will be interesting to see if anyone comes in but if nothing arranged by 12pm tomorrow they can''t play until 3rd April so might as well hold off.

Any thoughts on who we might be trying to snare? I could see the sense in Blackburn and Fulham wanting to loan out Rhodes and McCormack with a view to selling them on in the summer, but I wouldn''t want to commit to buy either of those. A Premier League player on loan seems sensible, but who? Personally I''d love Dwight Gayle if we could get him, a really energetic striker to offset the loss of Grabban is what we need.Anyone else got any bright ideas?

I''d not got my maths head on re the 93 days - thought it was a bit later in the month. IMO we do need another striker if we are likely to be without Grabban for most/all of the run-in, not so sure about relying on Loza or Morris if CJ gets injured, for example - but you never know, they could step up and prove themselves.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''d not got my maths head on re the 93 days - thought it was a bit later in the month. IMO we do need another striker if we are likely to be without Grabban for most/all of the run-in, not so sure about relying on Loza or Morris if CJ gets injured, for example - but you never know, they could step up and prove themselves.[/quote]No-brainer IMO – get someone in with a proven track record. Morris and Loza are not ready for this level of football yet.

Teams don''t tend to loan out players with ''proven track records'' though.

Norwich could potentially pick up an untried youngster from a Premier League team but apart from that very slim pickings - especially if you don''t want someone like Rhodes who Norwich would need to arrange a future transfer for as part of the loan.

Personally, I''d take Rhodes with a promise of a permanent move if Norwich are promoted (with an eye on selling Hooper in the summer).

If we win on saturday i think they will push the boat out to get a quality addition. Lose or draw and it is play offs at best so there may not be the same level of commitment, dependent upon what happens to Grabben, we have really missed him in his rejuvenated form post AN. 75points this season will probably be needed for 6th spot so still a bit of work to do yet to knock those off. I fancy us over 2 legs against anyone, with a final as always a lottery

"Shane Long, Borini, Atsu or Kone from Everton."

Shane Long is a regular starter for Southampton, Borini has refused loan moves to Premier League teams, Atsu is on loan at Everton from Chelsea (and a winger) and Kone has been starting games for Everton recently.

None of those are realistic targets.

Premier League teams are going to be very reluctant to loan out anyone in or around their first teams at the moment as they cannot replace them.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Shane Long, Borini, Atsu or Kone from Everton.[/quote]Long and Kone started for Saints and Everton last week. Think Atsu is already on loan from Chelsea. Bet Borini is on a pretty high wage so would be unlikely.

There just isn''t much about at this stage in the season!