Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Kent

time to get stuff off the chest

Firstly , to all of you who booed yesterday- SHAME ON YOU

I''d like to offer you ALL a reminder. Aug 9th 2003 Norwich go to Bradford on the first day of the season. Norwich go 2-0 and are cruising. Final whistle and it''s Norwich 2 Bradford 2. 8 long months later, and we''ve walked to the title.

So what I''m saying is, nothing is won/lost on the opening day and we shouldn''t be thinking the worst and people DEFINITELY shouldn''t be booing.

Now I''m not saying I accept the way we played, because far from it. But we should remember, we had 3 new players on the pitch. A totally different midfield, so we should give them time to bed in before criticising. We did have glimpses of what Marney is capable of, once he''s bedded in and more importantly fit. I don''t think having Hughesy and Bobby Charlton in the middle worked, so would like to see JJ back for tues. I''m not a Ginger Pele fan, and would prefer Shacks back in with Flem.

But please remember that it''s a 46 game season, so least not go silly after one game, when we haven''t played as well as we all know we can.

Rome wasn''t built in a day, and neither will our championship winning team

KEPP THE FAITH

[quote]Firstly , to all of you who booed yesterday- SHAME ON YOU I''d like to offer you ALL a reminder. Aug 9th 2003 Norwich go to Bradford on the first day of the season. Norwich go 2-0 and are cruising. Fi...[/quote]

I agree in principal with your points but don''t forget when we played Bradford two seasons ago our team consisted of:

Green

Briggs Fleming MacKay Drury

Rivers Francis Holt Easton

McVeigh Neilsen

Thats not a patch on the team we had out on saturday!!!

does anone else think its a sad state of affairs that only 4 of those players are still at the club? Successful teams keep their players together for years.

jas

[quote]does anone else think its a sad state of affairs that only 4 of those players are still at the club? Successful teams keep their players together for years. jas[/quote]

Yes that worries me too! To get promotion you don''t just need a squad of quality players - you need a squad of good players that play well together! I think that in our promotion season we actually overachieved with the squad we had because they played well together! Fleming and Mackay were solid together and Holt and Francis were great in midfield - both of those partnerships have been broken! Before we think about promotion again we need to find the team within our squad which plays togther the best - not necessarily the best players individually!

A good example is the scum! The first season after they won promotion to the prem they finished 5th and got into the UEFA cup because their squad, initially looking low on quality, played well togther and overachieved. As soon as that was broken up and ''better players'' were brought in things went downhill!

As Worthy says "people pay good money", so if you see a poor performance you have every right to voice your disapproval

[quote]does anone else think its a sad state of affairs that only 4 of those players are still at the club? Successful teams keep their players together for years. jas[/quote]

I think it is kind of sad in terms of the team spirit. When you watch the 03-04 season DVD, you can see the team spirit amongst the players. But, in my view anyway, it was shot to pieces come the departure of Iwan and Malky. Obviously i''m not advocating playing them in the Prem, but surely they could of stayed around as they were a big part of it.

The problem is now a lot of the squad is new so it''s gonna take time to form a good team spirit!

[quote]I didn''t hear anyone boo at the end of the game?!?!?!?!?[/quote]

There was a definite boo from the Community Stand at the final whistle - idiots.

Urm... look at that team. Would you want more than 4 of them? I would rather have Ashton and Huckerby than Rivers and Easton... don''t know about you!?

[quote]Urm... look at that team. Would you want more than 4 of them? I would rather have Ashton and Huckerby than Rivers and Easton... don''t know about you!?[/quote]

Definitely but sometimes ordinary players who gel together can me more successful than superstars who don''t!!!

[quote]Definitely but sometimes ordinary players who gel together can me more successful than superstars who don''t!!![/quote]

I would rather try and gel our superstars...