Sign in to follow this  
Chris Chapman

Coach Service from Ely/Sutton

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a coach service from Ely/Sutton way to home games. I am new in the area and would like to frequent some games. I see there are trains which with taxi to station could work out expensive. Failing that, anyone in this area drive to games, especially Midweek ones. See we have a game on Monday 6th April. If anyone could oblige I would appreciate a text, call or email on 07733268642 or cchapman@iforcegroup.com

Many Thanks

Chris Chapman

Just checked on here:

http://www.traveline.info/

..and it looks like trains are the quickest option although with a bit of tweaking it looks like you can bus from Ely to Newmarket and then pick up a National Express coach from Newmarket to Norwich but that''s going round the houses a bit.

Ely to Norwich return is possible for £9/10 via the [url=http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/]national rail[/url] website, leaving at 11:20 or 12:15 and returning at 7pm.

That''s for two single tickets without any railcards or anything. You have to catch the particular trains I mentioned ie you can''t take any train you want.Just go to the site and use the search, and you should find these fares.

Hi Chris. Welcome to the site.

I think the best way for you to get to Carrow Rd is by train from Ely. I use the service from Peterborough and it picks up a fair few City fans at Ely. There''s usually several travelling from Peterborough too.

To get the best fares use the site for the company that runs the line which is www.eastmidlandtrains.co.uk . Don''t use trainline or any of the others as they charge a fee, East Midlands don''t.

Looking on their site today you can get to Norwich on 6th April for £4 on the 11.21 and back to Ely for £5 on the 18,57 without a railcard. Other times are more expensive but what you save if you get the later one back you''ll probably spend even more on beer.( I''d recommend the Coach & Horses on Thorpe Rd )

It''s best to buy tickets well in advance - up to three months - to get the cheapest deals.

To get the cheapest