Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Calls claiming to be NCFC from 01484598800

Has anyone received a call from this number claiming to be the club

Does anyone know if this is genuine as its a Huddersfield number?

[quote user="Dave"]Has anyone received a call from this number claiming to be the club

Does anyone know if this is genuine as its a Huddersfield number?[/quote]Sounds odd, what were they calling about?

Youth team lottery

If not genuine I''m concerned that NCFC have been hacked as the callers have both my numbers and Name

Yes I''ve had one from them too though we were eating so it was a short conversation, think the club outsource some of their telesales and they are ringing to see if people want to support the academy with a monthly donation but you could always check with the club?

[quote user="cityangel"]Yes I''ve had one from them too though we were eating so it was a short conversation, think the club outsource some of their telesales and they are ringing to see if people want to support the academy with a monthly donation but you could always check with the club?[/quote]There you go then, never interrupt an Angel when they''re eating..................[;)]

If you look online this is a scam caller trying to extort money. He /she tries it on all over the place for fake schemes all over the country.  The caller just has names, addresses and phone numbers and could have got the information from anywhere. Uses the information to "guess" at some local scheme

you might be interested in. 

Liz brown

on 9/9/14

Was told it was the Loughborough town hall! they wanted me to set up a

direct debit for £8 per month for a lottery type of draw which paid out

£1000 in prize money, they have my home number as well as

mobile.......how

eggy

on 17/9/14

Called at 5.25pm today and the caller purported to be from Loughborough

Town Hall about some complimentary tickets for a forthcoming event. My

partner took the call and asked if she could take a message. The caller

said he must speak to me and he might ring back later . I can''t wait!!

The call was not from Loughborough as their dialling code is 01509.

Debbie

on 4/9/14

They called saying they were Buxton Opera House asked if it was convenient to talk, I said no and hung upAusMat

on 3/9/14

they told me it was for my local opera house but was a Huddersfield

number. they asked me for my bank details, once i told them i didnt have

it they couldnt hang up quick enough.

I have been called about Youth team lottery on a couple of occasions in the past but the number has always been a Norfolk Number similar to the clubs. Also when you spoke to the people they were quite knowledgeable about club and not too pushy.

Id probably check with the club to make sure if you think it is a Huddrsfield number, although maybe they''ve subcontracted out the calling up of people to a company outside norfolk now since we have been relegated to cut costs.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Liz brown

on 9/9/14

Was told it was the Loughborough town hall! they wanted me to set up a

direct debit for £8 per month for a lottery type of draw which paid out

£1000 in prize money, they have my home number as well as

mobile.......how

eggy

on 17/9/14

Called at 5.25pm today and the caller purported to be from Loughborough

Town Hall about some complimentary tickets for a forthcoming event. My

partner took the call and asked if she could take a message. The caller

said he must speak to me and he might ring back later . I can''t wait!!

The call was not from Loughborough as their dialling code is 01509.

Debbie

on 4/9/14

They called saying they were Buxton Opera House asked if it was convenient to talk, I said no and hung upAusMat

on 3/9/14

they told me it was for my local opera house but was a Huddersfield

number. they asked me for my bank details, once i told them i didnt have

it they couldnt hang up quick enough. [/quote]

tony parker

on 23/9/14

rang me and said they needed my bank details. I gave it them and they took 258 from me. seems a good deal to me [:D]It''s another scam by the looks of it. Call blocker[Y]

[quote user="Dave"]Youth team lottery

If not genuine I''m concerned that NCFC have been hacked as the callers have both my numbers and Name[/quote]Pound a week or something? I signed up for it, they already had my bank details, and I think they backed it up with a letter, though can''t definitely say, not at home just now.End of the day if it is fake ( and I don''t think it is) I''ll just cancel the direct debit.

Yes I had one call told them I was''nt interested in the lottery and that was the end of that - did not take the number called from though

company called insight cci used to call out on this on behalf of the club.

they also call out for other causes and charities such as age uk.

legit company but probably need to find better ways of working.

its worth bearing in mind that all someone can do with your account number and sort code is set up a DD which you can cancel.... hence why we have passwords on bank accounts etc.

I have received this from NCFC

"

I have been passed on your query with regards to a telephone call you received with regards to a youth lottery.

I can confirm this call is completely genuine, we have got a telesales company calling out on our behalf based in the Huddersfield area.

If you would like to know anymore information about the new 1902 Lottery please let me know

"

[quote user="Dave"]

"I have been passed on your query with regards to a telephone call you received with regards to a youth lottery. I can confirm this call is completely genuine, we have got a telesales company calling out on our behalf based in the Huddersfield area. If you would like to know anymore information about the new 1902 Lottery please let me know"

[/quote]

Staggering info, that NCFC can farm stuff out like this to outside companies.   I would say to them - get some staff in and do it yourself instead of relying on outside telesales people where you have no control over the quality of the calls that are taking place!   Remote telesales companies whose temporary employees have no affiliation, empathy or  even interest in the charities/causes they are supposedly trying to support is bonkers and counterproductive, especially if they phone and then don''t answer when you pick up - which happens with ALL telesales companies. 

Employ some local people who need jobs!!!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dave"]Youth team lottery If not genuine I''m concerned that NCFC have been hacked as the callers have both my numbers and Name[/quote]

Pound a week or something? I signed up for it, they already had my bank details, and I think they backed it up with a letter, though can''t definitely say, not at home just now.

End of the day if it is fake ( and I don''t think it is) I''ll just cancel the direct debit.
[/quote]rty

Morty

You must have more money than sense

By the time a lot of people who have been cold called and  fell for the wankers who prey on the vunerable there bank accounts are cleared out. Agree with Lake Dis why go outside the club. There is enough sitting round down there.

[quote user="Dave"]

"I have been passed on your query with regards to a telephone call you received with regards to a youth lottery.

I can confirm this call is completely genuine, we have got a telesales company calling out on our behalf based in the Huddersfield area.

If you would like to know anymore information about the new 1902 Lottery please let me know

"

[/quote]
Yes this is what I was told too by someone at the club, so no scam and nothing to worry about

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Dave"]

"I have been passed on your query with regards to a telephone call you received with regards to a youth lottery.

If you would like to know anymore information about the new 1902 Lottery please let me know[/quote]

Yes this is what I was told too by someone at the club, so no scam and nothing to worry about[/quote]Excepting the club has given it''s customer database to a telesales company who, in all likelyhood, resell it on to other companies which explains many of the unwanted calls we all receive. "Prospective customers are identified by various means, including past

purchase history, previous requests for information, credit limit,

competition entry forms, and application forms. Names may also be

purchased from another company''s consumer database
or obtained from a telephone directory or another public list. The qualification process is intended to

determine which customers are most likely to purchase the product or

service."Disappointed the club see the need to do this. [:@]The next PPI call, I get I will advise them to call me back on my other phone and give them the Carrow Rd number. [8o|]

I wonder if Terriers fans get an 01603 number flogging lottery tickets ?

There''s some dodgy scams going on but I''ve always been happy to give all my bank details to that delightful couple Wayne and Sharon especially as they''re kind enough to ring me all the way from Mumbai.

I to have had a call but I have not given NCFC permission to sell on my data. Is this a breach of the Data protection act?

If it is I would expect to see a resignation at the highest possible level in the club as a result?

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I had this call yesterday, disappointing that NCFC don''t outsource this to a local Norfolk company.[/quote]

Maybe you should write to them and tell them which one''s they should use.

"The Phantom "

I to have had a call but I have not given NCFC permission to sell on my data. Is this a breach of the Data protection act?If it is I would expect to see a resignation at the highest possible level in the club as a result?

Considering the people that took my details for voting registration also passed them on to a third party, I presume it isn''t illegal.