Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Lafferty

I may have missed this but have we ever been told the reason why Lafferty was loaned out? All seems very random.

Of the 4 main forwards, arguably Hooper and Jerome are similar as box players whereas Lafferty and Grabban are happy to stretch defences etc.

I''m thinking he would''ve been getting some game time in his preferred central role now. Although hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Never agreed with him being loaned out. An old manager on Talksport the other day said fill your squad with as many forwards as possible - you''ll need them at the business end of the season.

Wise words.

MP, he played almost 20 matches I think without getting a red card so I don''t agree with that at all. How long can you go being a red card waiting to happen without actually getting one? Perhaps a run in his preferred position and the rash challenges would''ve stopped. I think he was frustrated but also massively committed to winning.

He basically wasn''t getting enough game time, and was worried that, with Internationals coming up, his place in the international side might being under threat.So he asked AN about a loan move to get some games.

[quote user="65Vintage"]He basically wasn''t getting enough game time, and was worried that, with Internationals coming up, his place in the international side might being under threat.So he asked AN about a loan move to get some games.[/quote]Perfectly reasonable considering he''d barely played in his preferred position all season. Obviously I''d rather he was our backup than Loza or Morris, but if we can get a striker for the last seven games it could make all the difference. If Jerome''s injury were to flare up again we''d be in all sorts of bother.

There''s all the footballing reasons and also the complaints the club were getting for his behaviour in the local nightclubs.

I accept the facts about his disciplinary record, and the rumours of his off the field behaviour (yes, rumours, not facts), but you can''t deny he wants to play football.  Once AN arrived, he clearly saw KL as 4th choice striker and he must have suggested that a loan would enable him to get more game time. I''d rather see a player with that sort of attitude than someone who makes no effort in training and is just draining the club of their wages.

Well as far as I know, it''s not just rumours. At the end of the day, he''s not been that great for us and hasn''t been worth the trouble. Hopefully we move on in summer.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well as far as I know, it''s not just rumours.[/quote]

You wonder sometimes about people grasp of the English language.

There is a great irony to your comment TC...

Anyway, what''s your point?

I''m not going to blab on here obviously for legal reasons.

Loan for the rest of the season was a mistake but probably wouldn''t have happened if on monthly basis. Poor decision by club with hindsight couldn''t he go to lower Championship club. Lafferty always going to be selected for NI.

[quote user="Clint"]MP, he played almost 20 matches I think without getting a red card so I don''t agree with that at all. How long can you go being a red card waiting to happen without actually getting one? [/quote]The reason why he never saw red is because Adams had the sense to take him off when he got a yellow, which was frequently.And based on the stats from Turkey, he hasn''t changed much

6 yellow cards for us. Not great but not the disciplinary disaster people seem to think he is, on the pitch anyhow.

If more players were as committed as Lafferty to the cause whilst Adams was still here, he might still be in a job. Sadly for him, most didn''t seem to give a monkeys.

I''m now intrigued as to what he could possibly have got upto whilst enjoying the bright lights of Norwich!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]There is a great irony to your comment TC...

Anyway, what''s your point?

I''m not going to blab on here obviously for legal reasons.[/quote]Legal reasons?Do you often consult your solicitor before posting on forums?You must know a lot of stuff. And spend a lot of money on legal representation.