Sign in to follow this  
OzzieBudgie

Best bit of business

Who do you think has been the best transfer of the year either in or out.

My three

Grabban - Clinical and always in the right place, our few slips may be a result of not having him in the side.

Jerome - Very good signing with a few very important goals, none more so than versus Bournemouth, the only problem for me is he Isnt clinical enough in the box. Still great.

Fer - Yes he was a great player but I believe his ego soared after that world cup goal and did we really want someone who believed he was too big for the team because Adams was going to bring him down a peg or two. So the 8-10 million we got for him seems a steal right now with Wes coming back into the fold.

Also bring Bas back has been good imo only because the next best CB''s have been sub par, so if we go up or down I would like to see a CB come in in the summer.

Worst - well many contenders for that :D

Thoughts??

To be fair the Snodgrass, Fer, Pilkington & RVW were all excellent financial business for us. Jerome for around the £1m mark was also excellent business.

What about worst business ?

I think we all expected Grabban to do well because of his previous season at Bournemouth, so that was a good bit of business just so that we had a championship goalscorer along with Hooper (who is being played at CAM).

The best buy I think imo is Jerome. I don''t think anyone expected him to reach the goal tally he has done. He''s been very consistent as well as scoring doe crucial and good quality goals.

On the negative side, Miquel. He''s not young enough to say; he''s one for the future really (though I did try to make this excuse for him) and he hasn''t had a look in. Hooiveld (luckily only a loan) as well as Cuellar (penalties given away).

To add, the worst piece of business was not getting in a left midfielder to replace Pilks, however, with Dorrans coming in and Johnson playing well there, it hasn''t been as bad as it could''ve been, luck we got AN.

The worst has to be Rip Van Winkle, £8.5m per goal!