Sign in to follow this  
zippy23255

Andreu or Vadis

Completely agree Yellowbeagle. Don''t know if either will get their chance from the start of a game this season, probably not if everyone remains fit but impossible to say what they do or don''t offer until we''ve seen them start some matches.

Hard to see either being more than squad players.

Maybe the injury problems do mean we''ll have to wait to see more of Vadis next season.

But for Andreu... the fact he''s come in and only got a few minutes at the end of matches, and with Dorrans more or less straight into the thick of it, probably shows you that AN doesn''t think he''s brought in a really top player (by our standards).

[quote user="Bradley Johnsons left foot"] Hooper no better than League 1 standard?

He scored more in the Premier League last season than Agbonlahor and Steven Fletcher combined in a team that got relegated. They also League 1 standard players?[/quote]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Way to use stats from 1 player that plaed 12 less games than Hooper, and started more than 10 less games Hooper did as well. Oh and BTW, Fletcher had the same amount of goals from run of play in that much less time as Hooper did in significantly more. Really quite pathetic of you. Hooper had 3 more goals in much more time and those 3 goals came from PKs that he DIDN''T EARN. You are quite the genius.

Hooper''s been utter garbage for over 2 years. He''s scored from run of play in 7 out of 56 games in 2 years. 32 of those 56 games being starts, Of the Substitute appearances only 6 have been for less than 20 minutes. Yeah, he''s really up to Championship level or the PL. The original poster was being incredibly generous labeling him League 1 standard. Hooper isn''t even Conference regional standard.

Also not only did you use stats that aren''t remotely accurate you are wrong in Hooper DID NOT SCORE MORE THAN AGBONLAHOR AND FLETCHER COMBINED. Combined Agbonlahor and Fletcher scored 7 last year, and Hooper scored 6 PL goals. Both either scored as many goals from run of play in less games, or more (Agbonlahor)

Sorry jaemae, know many Conference players that can score 63 goals in 95 games in SPL? Thought not, feckin tool, by the way it''s football not fussball, feckin tool.

By the way, you''re a feckin tool.

If you''d like to talk about the quality of the SPL, Andreu scored 15 goals in not even 3/4 of a season AND HE''S NOT A STRIKER.

It appears clown school has broken up for half-term and they''ve nothing better to do [;)]

Vadis will be class when he''s given the game time

Apples

Whilst i appreciate that football is a game of opinions i actually find it staggering that any of our fans can slate a player like Hooper who clearly has class and ability if used properly yet have been "impressed" by Tony Andreu''s performances so far which have consisted of him coming off the bench, and looking completely out of his depth and lightweight. this guy does not even look good enough for league 1 football based on what i''ve seen so far and its a bit of a worry that he is an Alex Neil signing. I can only hope that since we signed him Neil (who himself admitted he was surprised by the quality, pace and power of the champ) has realised that the quality bar needs to be higher hence the likes of Dorrans.

Maybe Andreu will come good given a pre-season and a bit of time but at the moment i am staggered that Neil keeps bringing him on and on Tuesday i think it potentially cost us because we lost all momentum.

Meanwhile a £4m Belgian International can;t get 10 minutes on the pitch in a first team game. All very strange.

Its interesting to compare the impact of Dorrans and Andreu. Both playing a similar, central midfield role. Dorrans looks more comfortable, competent and is a player who improves the team overall. I haven''t seen anything yet from Andreu that has shown how he improved things. He was touted by some to be the ''new Wes'', but the old one is proving, yet again, that he''s still got it. As for Vadis, its a mystery, he looks a really strong box to box midfielder, in the Dickson Etuhu and Damian Francis mould (on their good days!). I suspect we might see a quite different side put out tomorrow, AN was clearly p''d off with the performance on Tuesday, so I''d expect at least 4 changes.

[quote user="Bradley Johnsons left foot"]For a conference standard player he sure has done well to score those goals in the Champions League,...along with the other 191 he''s got in his career.

Also, ''Conference regional''[/quote]

Yep, because he''d be over his head in Conference Premier, hence the differentiation. Not difficult, but I forgot who I''m mostly dealing with....

You know that the words North and South are regional signifiers, right? Again, I forgot who the level of people I am mostly dealing with here.

[quote user="jaemae2"]Again, I forgot who the level of people I am mostly dealing with here.[/quote]I''m surprised you even bothered to re-register again jaemae if you have such a low opinion of us. [:S]

Yes jaemae, North and South are regional signifiers, but I have never heard anyone else use the phrase ''conference regional''.

Just as I have never heard anyone use the phrase ''from run of play''.

And just as I have never heard anyone outside the USA calling football ''fussball''.

You seem to have a whole vocabulary of your own-and also the most inappropriate superiority complex of all time.