Sign in to follow this  
Fluff

Lord help us!

Quote from Pink un website today (Worthy''s message: get a grip)

''What Worthington is unlikely to be doing is dipping into his transfer budget.

“I have a good squad, I am happy with the squad I have,” he said. “There is some money in there from the Damien Francis sale if and when we need it for loans or to do something in January, but I have got good players now and I''ll show faith in them.”

Uh oh!!!!!!!

Whatever happened to ''we will replace all leavers and add to it'' ??

9 players out, 6 in, and now he''s saying we won''t be buying anymore players? Are squad was the smallest in the league as it was

I can''t believe you guys taking everything Worthy says to the press at face value! Its another smoke screen. Would you rather he came out and said something like "we are desperately short of players in midfield and must sign more players ASAP"? What do you think that would do to our target players fees?

If the right players are available at the right price Worthy will try and bring them in. If they aren''t, we will have to wait until January.

Have some faith.

[quote]I can''t believe you guys taking everything Worthy says to the press at face value! Its another smoke screen. Would you rather he came out and said something like "we are desperately short of players i...[/quote]

The trouble is Putney, I can see both sides of the arguement here.

I think its vital that an effort to replace Francis is made now, with a central defender an even higher priority.

If we have to cope till January, we could end up too far behind the promotion pack.

But who knows with Worthy?, he plays his cards very close to his chest, yes?.

I''m not denying we need more players at all, its painfully obvious - playing a LB in CM for the first game of a new season is proof our squad isn''t big enough. We are 3 down on last season and the squad was too thin then. I''m 100% sure Worthy can see it too, and am confident that he is working hard on bringing in more players. He is never straight with the press on these matters, we should all have noticed this by now!

It seems to me that some people would rather believe that Worthy is stupid/inept than look for the truth of the matter.