Sign in to follow this  
zippy23255

Plastics????

What is the fixation with certain people on here about "plastics"?

I haven''t got a season ticket but I do go to most home matches but if I don''t, for whatever reason, I will always either listen to it or get regular updates.

I have been supporting NCFC for 50 years, do I need a season ticket to call myself a true supporter?

I was in the forces for several years and no matter where I was in the world I would always get regular updates on the matches. My mother even sent me the Pinkun every week by post. I could not go to matches then so does that mean I''m not a true supporter.

I know people who can''t afford to go to matches or who work on Saturdays or for whatever reason do not go to matches but every week they are as elated or upset as anyone over the result whichever way it went. They can tell you the score or name who scored in matches 10 - 20 years ago, can they not be called true supporters?

Carrow Road has a 26,000 capacity, does that mean Norwich City FC has only got 26,000 supporters?

Enough of the slagging people for being "plastics", get behind the team and support them in whichever way you can.

OTBC

To be fair it''s only a couple of trolls and a one or two inadequates. My dad''s bigger than your dad etc. I doubt if you need their permission to follow your club!

Two reasons come to mind why people call others "plastic".

1.  They enjoy winding people up2.  Makes them feel superior, even though they''re not.

In fact to most people, anyone that resorts to using "plastic" as a description of another supporter, is a sad wind up merchant, so insecure in their own status that they need to invent a derogatory term for fellow supporters.  Divisive, unpleasant and anti-club.  The sort that boo at the slightest thing, the sort that that shout abuse at players at the slightest thing and are quick to try and big themselves up as fans.  Sad really......

Its so people can come on here and talk about how many years theyve had a season ticket etc. Some people fail to realise not everyone can get time off work or have the spare money to afford a ticket. These people are referred to as "plastics".

The problem is the halfwits that regularly use the phrase don''t understand it''s meaning. I am an armchair fan, not a plastic. Get it right divvies!

They are a bit thick I am afraid CJ.

A Norfolk person supporting Chelsea is probably a plastic.

A Norfolk born and bred Norwich supporter living in Bristol is never called a plastic by Bristol City fans. We are call loyal.

They save the plastic label for the Bristolian Man U fans.

I use my plastic season ticket to get into the ground where I buy a coffee in a plastic cup stirred with a plastic spork before sitting on a plastic seat to watch men kick a plastic ball with plastic boots and it wears me out...it wears me out.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]I use my plastic season ticket to get into the ground where I buy a coffee in a plastic cup stirred with a plastic spork before sitting on a plastic seat to watch men kick a plastic ball with plastic boots and it wears me out...it wears me out.[/quote]

Never heard of a spork.......but sure enough....

You learn something every day. 

Aye, I''m not exactly Norfolk born and bred, but my Dad was, and I was brought up travelling the length and breadth of the country to get to games. For some people it''s a short stroll to Carrow Road, for me, I''ve never lived closer to Norwich than 200miles away which means a 3.5 (shortened to 3.0 in the last fews years thanks to the dualling of the road!) hour journey just to get to the game, plus the same again back! So I''ve always gone to far more away games, but make sure I make a trip up to Carra at least once or twice a season....

The "plastics" brigade are quite amusing. They consider themselves more of a fan for putting in less effort over a season than it takes me to get to one game. Small little men in every sense of the word.

[quote user="DundeeFc"]Dundee score against Aberdeen 1 - 1 😯[/quote]Plastic insults are so last year. Random WTF posts are where it''s at now.

It is always amusing to see these threads. Especially plastics coming on and trying to convince others they are not plastics.

But truth will out to the real fans