Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Almost a perfect weekend

We took advantage against Boro, Derby, Watford by 3 points and by 2 points against Boro. A great set of results.

It''d be nice if folk could refrain from celebrating Ipsh*t winning.

City fans elsewhere on the message-board have even stated they want them to beat Bournemouth!

Are you f*cking crazy!?

It feels odd to be happy that the binners won, but surely it was more that Watford lost that we are ''celebrating''. IMO their result v cherries would be better as a draw.

Odd indeed, considering it put them back in the play-offs and just three points behind us.

Madness.

[quote user="Shyster"]Odd indeed, considering it put them back in the play-offs and just three points behind us.

Madness.[/quote]

Could not agree more. I don''t understand peoples thinking. By losing, Watford only dropped 1 point, we would have over taken them the next time they lost and we won on GD anyway so its far more damaging that Ipswich got 3 points and are on our heels, than Watford losing a point. A draw was the result I wanted.

No need to look behind us, we want to catch the top two teams, so glad they beat Watford, and hoping they beat Bournemouth too.

[quote user="Surfer"]No need to look behind us, we want to catch the top two teams, so glad they beat Watford, and hoping they beat Bournemouth too.[/quote]That is wrongIf Ipswich keep winning theyvcould overhaul us, as could any other club just below us.A late goal for Ipswich today was bad news.

I agree it was great Ip5h*t beating Watford. It helped us get closer to the top. I believe we will either go up as Champions or 2nd so wouldn''t it be great for them to lose in the playoffs.

So near but so far 😀

Or far better for them to miss out on the play offs after being in the top six for so long and even being second.There is no way on earth a win today for them was good news.At this stage we need all clubs dropping points, which a draw was giving.

I find it incredible that anyone would be unhappy that Ipswich won today.   It means your hatred of Ipswich is worth more than your love of Norwich.  The three points that Watford missed out on, or two if they had drawn, could well make the difference between us being second or third at the end of the season.  Anyone that takes points off the clubs above us is to be greeted with welcome and it doesn''t matter who it is.

Only a half-witted, sour brained nincompoop would have wanted Watford to get anything from today''s game.  We need to catch the teams above us, end of - and it doesn''t matter who is below us - we only are only looking up.   If anyone catches us up it means we have not won the games we needed to and won''t deserve to go up via the automatics anyway.

Before today, and since we beat them, Watford looked on a roll winning games more or less at will.They looked as though they were the most likely of all contenders to pull clear of the pack.Something needed to happen to take the wind out of their sails & stop their progress.That something just happened to be the Scum, not ideal but nonetheless importantMuch better to have a tightly grouped pack than one automatic place all but sewn up & out of reach.

You are twisting things. It is not about hating Ipswich in this case. It is about teams around us dropping points, irrespective of who they are.No team is going to win all their next seven games, so does that mean they won''t deserve to go up ?

[quote user="Bob Down"]You are twisting things. It is not about hating Ipswich in this case. [/quote]

Have you told Shyster that - quote: "It''d be nice if folk could refrain from celebrating Ipsh*t winning.

City fans elsewhere on the message-board have even stated they want them to beat Bournemouth! 

Are you f*cking crazy!?"

Of course we want all of the teams around us to drop points, but I want the teams above us to drop points much more than the teams below us... and I really don''t care if that is means Ipswich winning or not...

But the point is as we don''t know what the points total will be for each club come the end of the season then it is better for points to be dropped evenly. Rather than on some being above us now basis.

[quote user="Bob Down"]But the point is as we don''t know what the points total will be for each club come the end of the season then it is better for points to be dropped evenly. Rather than on some being above us now basis.[/quote]

Not really imo.   It has to be all about the teams above us.  We need to get above them so we need them to drop as many points as possible, so we have the possibility to overtake them.

I''m going to make you eat that f*cking hat if Ips*it wind up above us at the end of the season.

[quote user="Shyster"]I''m going to make you eat that f*cking hat if Ips*it wind up above us at the end of the season.[/quote]

If they finish first and we finish second, that will be just fine with me...........because they will have helped us achieve our aims in the process. Anyhow, stuff what they do. They''re behind us and if we continue to challenge well, they''ll stay behind us. 

And I hope they beat Bn''mth too.  [:P]

[quote user="Surfer"]Of course we want all of the teams around us to drop points, but I want the teams above us to drop points much more than the teams below us... and I really don''t care if that is means Ipswich winning or not...[/quote]

Totally this.

We are playing well enough for a top two spot but still need those above us to drop points - and I certainly don''t care who helps our cause either.

Why are we worrying about Scum? They are inconsistent and unlikely to put together a run to take one of those top two places.

Is the point of this season to go up or finish above the Carthorses?

If they get into the play-offs then great. They may win them which could mean a couple of things - two derby games next year and 6 points. Of course they may also fall at the last hurdle which wouldn''t be funny would it?

So, for me their result today took points from an automatics rival and kept their delusion going a little bit longer.

Well said Drazen. We need teams above us to drop points, simple

As long as we are still winning, then everything is fine.

Ergo, teams below us winning, isn''t a problem

I wonder what the feeling of this board would have been if it was Brentford who beat Watford today and not Ipswich.

If Ipswich beating Watford today and Bournemouth later means they take an automatic spot from us then to be quite frank it will be us who will have lost the place, we are 3 points ahead of Ipswich and have a 17 goal superior goal difference, effectively meaning we are 4 points ahead of them.

For us to get an automatic spot teams above us have to drop points and we need to drop less than they do, which means they need to lose or draw and we need to win (stating the bl**ding obvious I know). The most likely chance of that happening is they get beaten by top 8 teams, so long may it continue.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Well said Drazen. We need teams above us to drop points, simple

As long as we are still winning, then everything is fine.

Ergo, teams below us winning, isn''t a problem[/quote]I suspect Ipswich, Brentford, Derby and Wolves were saying the same about us a few weeks back, and we are not always still winning. Basic mathematics should highlight your error. A draw means four points are lost to those around us. A win means only three points dropped. Play this over a longer period and those extra lost points will count.

Ears for Norwich and Eyes for Ipswich. Audio for one Video for the other 3-50 a.m Eastern Australian time. Off to bed for short night. Happy days to follow. Roll on Good Friday and may it be a good one for both clubs. Lets help each other. Peace in our time until we meet again.

Bob,

You said "Basic mathematics should highlight your error. A draw means four points are lost to those around us. A win means only three points dropped. Play this over a longer period and those extra lost points will count."

Well according to my basic maths if the maximum points available in one game is 3, how on earth can a draw mean four points are lost?

It simply means that instead of one team getting 3 points and the other zero both teams get 1 point, so the so called winning team are two poionts worse off but the so called losing team are one point better off. At this stage of the season and given the situation we are in, I would rather see the teams above us score zero points and the teams below us score 3, this view will of course change when we go top as they will all be below us, but even then I would want the team in 5th to beat the team in 2nd, until such time as we are crowned champions and then they can all beat Ipswich as far as I am concerned.